As the days grow longer and the temperatures rise, summertime brings a delicious variety of fruits and vegetables that are perfect for adding a nutritious and delicious twist to typically unhealthy dishes. One of the top picks this season is the sweet and juicy watermelon steak – a clever, yet surprisingly tasty take on the summer classic.
1. Refreshingly Different: Introducing Watermelon Steak
As the hottest, most sizzling summertime dish in town, watermelon steak is a one-of-a-kind culinary experience! With its bright pink hues and juicy sweet taste, this savory delight is sure to be a hit for all your summertime festivities. Here are some reasons why you should check out this delicious new dish:
- Fresh, unique twist on classic steak dish
- Healthy, full of vitamins and minerals, low in calories
- Easy to prepare and great for summer cookouts and barbecues
Tantalize your taste buds with a feast like no other – try some juicy watermelon steak this summer! With its sweet taste and low calorie count, it’s sure to be a hit for everyone. The unique flavor and texture of watermelon steak will have all your dinner guests asking for the recipe, and will make sure your outdoor gatherings are unforgettable. So grab some watermelon and try out this refreshingly different meal today!
2. Enjoying the Full Range of Flavours with Watermelon Steak
If you’re a fan of bold flavours and unique textures, watermelon steak is a must-try. Whether cooked in the oven or on the grill, savoury and tangy spices combined with the sweet taste of watermelon make this dish something special.
The ideal way to begin creating watermelon steak is to slice it into thick half-inch steaks. Use a classic blend of olive oil, garlic, black pepper, and salt to season each piece before cooking. For extra kick, adding red chilli flakes or a blend of herbs such as oregano, basil, and rosemary could be a great way to customize your dish.
- Oven Method: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the watermelon steak in a baking dish, cover it with a layer of foil and then bake it for 10 minutes. This will ensure the watermelon is cooked perfectly without becoming too soft.
- Grilling: Place the steaks on a preheated and oiled griddle and reduce heat to medium. Grill the steak for 8 minutes on each side. Sprinkle your herbal blend over the steak to create a light and tantalizing crust.
3. The Sweet and Savoury Fusion of Watermelon Steak
If you’re a lover of robust flavours and textures, watermelon steak is the perfect culinary delight for you! Paired with spices and herbs, this sweet and savoury cut of fruit takes on a new identity as a meal you simply can’t pass up.
It’s simple to create this exquisite dish. Start by cutting the watermelon into steaks, lightly salting and seasoning each one. Set up a hot pan on the stove. Heat some olive oil and add the steaks to the pan. Brown for about two minutes on each side, ensuring the amazing fusion of the sweet and savoury flavours permeate the fruit. Once cooked, layer the finished steaks on top of a few greens, and top off with a sprinkle of feta cheese and herbs. Voila, the perfect meal awaits your appetite!
- Watermelon Steaks
- Selection of Spices and Herbs
- Olive Oil
- Preparation Time 30 minutes
4. Spicing Up Your Summer: Creative Watermelon Steak Recipes
With summer quickly making its way in, there’s no shortage of outdoor activities and creative food ideas. One delicious treat to try this season is watermelon steak, a summer classic! Whether it’s a juicy steak sandwich or a succulent fruit salad, here are some tasty ways to spice up your summer:
- The classic Watermelon Steak Sandwich: Perfectly cook a steak, top with a tomato and lettuce, and finish by upgrading your sandwich with a juicy slice of watermelon.
- Watermelon Fruit Salad: Slice up some watermelon and top it with some scattered berries like blueberries and raspberries. Add in some diced apples or oranges for a hint of sweetness.
- Grilled Watermelon Steak: For a unique twist, slice up a steak and then lightly grill it. Top off with a grilled watermelon slice for a savory, juicy kick!
- Watermelon-Ella: Give your plain pizza a summer kick by topping it with a generous amount of watermelon slices.
Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a hearty dinner centerpiece, these watermelon steak recipes are sure to liven up your summer. Experiment with different fruity and savory additions to make your watermelon steak dish stand out!
5. Simplicity and Sophistication Combined: Watermelon Steak as a Starter or Main Course
If simplicity and sophistication are what you’re looking for, then watermelon steak is the perfect starter or main course for you! This convenient dish requires no heat or any kind of complex preparation – simply slice the watermelon and serve it up in thin steak-like strips. It is packed with nutritional benefits, such as:
- Low in calories and fat
- High in vitamins, minerals, and fibre
- Rich source of lycopene and antioxidants
In addition to its healthy properties, watermelon steak is also a great way to add a modern touch to your dinner plate. Its distinct pink and green colour makes it an ideal plat to share with friends and family. Plus, the sweet taste of this dish adds to its appeal – it pairs beautifully with a light side salad, or even with grilled vegetables. For a truly exquisite dining experience, serve the watermelon steak with a colourful assortment of greens and a light dressing.
6. Tips & Tricks: Preparing and Serving The Perfect Watermelon Steak
Watermelon steak is a flavourful and unique way to enjoy one of the most popular fruits in the world. With a few simple tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make this mouthwatering dish that your guests will love. Here are six ways to prepare and serve the perfect watermelon steak.
Choosing The Right Watermelon: Selecting the right watermelon is step one in creating the perfect watermelon steak. Look for watermelons that feel heavy for their size and have a robust, dark green skin and an even yellowish hue. You should also give the watermelon a gentle thump, which should produce a deep hollow sound and should feel solid, not mushy.
- Slice Into Steaks: Carefully slice your watermelon into ½ inch thick rounds. Trim any uneven edges or excess beet rind.
- Create The Marinade: In a large bowl combine 1 cup of balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme.
- Marinade The Watermelon Steaks: Place the watermelon steaks into the marinade and let it sit for at least an hour. Flip them after 30 minutes to make sure both sides are evenly marinated.
- Heat The Grill: Heat up your grill to a medium-high heat. Once the grill is hot, place the watermelon steaks onto the pre-heated grill and let them cook for 10 minutes, flipping them often.
- Remove From The Grill: Once they are done cooking, carefully remove the watermelon steaks from the heat and let them cool slightly before serving them.
- Garnish and Serve: Garnish your watermelon steaks with a sprinkle of sea salt, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Serve them hot and enjoy!
7. An Unexpected, Festive Twist: Watermelon Steak and Red Wine Reduction
Bring some summer cheer to your steak dinner with a twist – watermelon steak! This vibrant, juicy dish is surprisingly meaty, with the flavor and texture of a beef steak. A smoky, charred sear and slightly sweet taste makes this a unique and unexpected dish that’s sure to impress. Try grilling slices of watermelon, coated in oil and your favorite seasonings, on a hot griddle or BBQ for a surprisingly flavorful steak.
Red Wine Reduction
For a festive, gourmet touch, serve the watermelon steak with a mouthwatering red wine reduction. Start by reducing red wine and herbs in a shallow sauté pan, then add butter and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Simmer the mixture until it reaches the desired consistency, then use it to drizzle over the steak. With an intense, savory flavor, this red wine reduction sauce is the perfect accompaniment to the juicy, smoky watermelon steak.
8. Experimenting with Flavour: Grilled, Seared or Fried Watermelon Steak
If you thought grilling, searing, and frying were activities reserved for proteins like steak, think again! Watermelon steak is a unique and exciting way to experience your favourite fruit in a new way.
In this experimental experiment, It’s all about the technique you choose when grilling, searing, or frying watermelon steak. Each method gives a different result, so peruse these quick tips to decide what’s right for you:
- Grilling: Grill watermelon steak on preheated BBQ over medium-high heat. Grill each side for 3 minutes, flipping once.
- Searing: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp of oil and sear each side of the watermelon steak for 3 minutes, flipping once. Finish cooking in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes until it reaches your desired doneness.
- Frying: Heat oil in a deep-fryer or skillet until it reaches 300 degrees. Add watermelon steak and deep-fry for 3 minutes, flipping once. Remove and drain on paper towels.
No matter what method you choose, let the watermelon steak rest 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with your favourite sides or as is! Now that you know the basics, let your creative culinary side loose and come up with exciting combinations and flavour pairings.
9. The Health Benefits of Eating Watermelon Steak
High in Natural Antioxidants
Watermelon steak is a great source of the powerful antioxidant lycopene, which helps protect against heart disease, cancer, and stroke. Watermelon steaks are also loaded with vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that helps fight disease and promotes healthy skin. It’s also packed with potassium, another important mineral for healthy blood pressure.
A Great Summer Treat
Watermelon steak is a low-calorie and delicious way to cool off on a hot summer day. Its sugary-sweet taste make it a favorite summertime treat. Whether served fresh al fresco or roasted with a sprinkle of herbs, a watermelon steak is a simple, tasty way to treat yourself. It’s the perfect summer snack that offers all the health benefits of other fruits and veggies but with a sweet taste!
- High in natural antioxidants
- A good source of vitamin C
- Low in calories and a great summer treat
10. Wrapped in Foil and Grilled To Perfection: An Unforgettable Watermelon Steak Experience
One of summer’s most classic treats is stepping it up this year with the delicious watermelon steak. In just a few simple steps, you have the perfect side dish or main course for your outdoor grilling party. Delicious, juicy, and surprisingly easy to make, this recipe for foil-grilled watermelon steak is about to become a favorite for the season.
To make, start with a seedless watermelon cut into thick slices and sprinkle some pepper and salt over them. Wrap each piece in foil, place it on the preheated grill and cook for 8-10 minutes depending on the size of your slices. Take off the foil and you’re done! Time to savor the sweet, juicy, and delicious flavor!
- Serving Suggestions:
- Serve with fresh guacamole and a side salad.
- Add a sprinkle of feta cheese, crushed walnuts, and olive oil for added flavor.
- Pair with a light sweet and sour sauce.
So, if you’re looking to spice up your summer barbeque, you can’t go wrong by adding the classic flavor of watermelon steak. This delicious twist on a summer favorite is sure to be a hit with guests of all ages. Enjoy!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.