As the unofficial start to summer approaches and barbecues, pool parties, and the like usher in the warmer months of the year, a new and fun treat is now being served. Introducing watermelon steak – the newest addition to your summer-time lineup to take your taste buds for a spin. Sliced and seared to perfection, with some colorful and flavorful accompaniments, you’re sure to be impressed by this unique and sizzling addition to your party fare.
1. Get Ready for the Delicious Sizzle of Watermelon Steak this Summer!
Watermelon steak is the latest summer sensation everyone is talking about! Not only is it incredibly delicious, but you may be surprised to hear that it’s also incredibly healthy. This tasty treat is packed with antioxidants, excellent for hydrating, and a great source of vitamin C. Indeed, watermelon steak is the ultimate summer indulgence for a healthy lifestyle.
To prepare this fresh and flavorful dish, start by slicing the watermelon into a steak-like thickness. Then, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Finally, fire up the grill and sizzle to perfection. Try adding a sprinkle of feta cheese for an extra zesty touch. And for all those vegans out there, try it without the cheese instead!
- Slice the watermelon into thickness
- Brush with olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper
- Grill to perfection
- Optional: Sprinkle with feta cheese
2. Beat the Summer Heat with the Sweet and Fruity Taste of Watermelon Steak
Watermelon steak is a unique and delicious way for you to enjoy your favorite summer fruit all season long! It’s low in calories, high in fiber, and bursting with flavor. Plus, it makes a great entrée or side dish for any summer barbecue or picnic.
Making watermelon steak is surprisingly easy. Simply cut the watermelon into wedges, brush with a mixture of olive oil and seasonings, and cook on a preheated skillet or grill. The natural sweetness of the melon melds with the smoky flavor of the oil and spices, creating an intensely flavorful dish. Serve it with a side of grilled vegetables, or enjoy as is with a dollop of yoghurt or some cheese – it’s guaranteed to be a hit!
3. An Easy Prep Recipe to Satisfy Any Craving
When unexpected guests arrive and you’re searching for something to feed them, you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen. A delicious meal can still be cooked up in no time! Here are a few recipes to make a delicious dinner in a flash:
- Instant Pizza: Everyone loves a good pizza and no one will know the difference when it takes just 5 minutes to prepare! Mix 300g of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of dry yeast, 1 teaspoon of salt and 200ml of warm water together and then knead the dough with some extra flour on your hands. Place it in a bowl in a warm, draft-free place and enough time to rise. Once the dough has risen, roll it out, spread with sauce and your favorite toppings, and then bake in the oven at 250°C for 10 minutes.
- Fried Veggies and Tofu: For a flavorful twist on fried vegetables, here’s an effortless dinner recipe. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup of chopped bell peppers, 1/4 cup of chopped onion, and 1/4 cup of diced carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of cubed firm tofu and cook for additional 3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped herbs and mix to combine. Cook until the veggies are tender and the tofu is browned. Serve and enjoy!
- One-Pot Pasta: This one-pot pasta is quick, effortless, and incredibly delicious! Cook 500g of pasta in a large pot and in the last 5 minutes of cooking add 200g of frozen peas or any other vegetables of your choice. When the pasta is cooked, drain the cooking liquid and return the pot to the heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 4 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of Italian herbs, 1 cup of grated cheese, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper into the pot. Mix everything together until all the ingredients are combined and the cheese is melted. Serve hot and enjoy!
It’s so easy to whip up a tasty dinner in no time. All you need are a few pantry ingredients and your favorite vegetables, and you’ve got yourself a delicious meal in a flash!
4. A Perfect Combination of Sweet and Savory
Who said you have to choose between sweet and savory? From barbecued ribs glazed with honey to a peanut butter, caramel, and chocolate wrap, there’s no need to pick just one!
Here are a few of our favorite delicious combinations that prove that sweet and savory are a match made in heaven:
- Honey Garlic Meatballs – Juicy, sticky meatballs served with a side of steamed veggies guarantee dinner perfection.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza -A twist on a classic, this savory-sweet combo is a sure-fire hit.
- Apple Crumble Pie – Tart apples are balanced by a buttery, sugary crumble topping.
- Honey Mustard Chicken Strips – A healthier take on fast food, these chicken strips are a crowd pleaser.
The best part of mixing sweet and savory is that the options are endless. Whether you’re in the mood for something comforting and classic or looking to try something entirely new, the perfect combination definitely awaits.
5. Why You Should Try Watermelon Steak
Tastes Like Summer
- If you’re a fan of juicy fruit that just screams summertime then you simply have to try watermelon steak! Juicy, sweet and bursting with flavour, it’s like a classic summer dessert in a steak form.
- Because watermelon is a fruit, it has a high natural sugar content so you don’t need to add any sweetners or syrups to enhance the flavour. Plus, watermelon steak is so sweet that if you’re looking for a healthy dessert this is definitely the way to go!
Good For You
- Not only is it delicious, but watermelon is also naturally packed with essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C and potassium. So you can get the vitamins and minerals your body needs while munching on this delicious treat.
- Watermelon also has very low calories, so you can still enjoy it in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Plus, it’s light enough that you can eat it as a snack or a meal. What’s not to love?
6. All You Need to Make the Perfect Watermelon Steak
Making a remarkable watermelon steak requires the right ingredients and techniques. Luckily, creating this elegant dish is simpler than you think! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Watermelon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite herbs or spices (e.g., basil, oregano, rosemary, etc.)
Once you’ve got all the ingredients, the fun part begins. Start by preheating the oven to 400°F. Cut the watermelon into ½-inch thick slices, and remove any seeds. Rub the steak with olive oil, and sprinkle the salt, pepper and herbs on both sides. Then place the steak onto a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. When it’s finished, grab a plate and carefully, transfer the steaks onto the plate. Serve warm with your favorite sides, and enjoy!
7. Step-by-Step Directions to Create the Ultimate Summer Delight
Once summer is here, there’s nothing like an epic ice cream dessert to cool you down. Here’s a simple recipe to make the ultimate summer delight:
- Gather together some of your favorite ice cream: one or two flavors should do.
- Choose some add-ins – candy bars, sprinkles, chocolate chips, cookies… let your creativity be your guide.
To assemble, spread a layer of ice cream in the bottom of a large bowl or casserole dish. Sprinkle in some of your chosen ingredients. Follow this with more ice cream and more add-ins. Repeat until the bowl is full. Cover with aluminum foil; the ice cream can stay in the freezer for several days.
When you’re ready to serve, scoop out big spoonfuls of your tasty creation! With such a delightful combination of colors, smells, and textures, there can be no doubt that you’ve created the ultimate summer dessert. Enjoy!
8. Spicing It Up: Adding Variations to Make Watermelon Steak Even Better
Thanks to its naturally refreshing taste and delightful sweetness, watermelon steak is a summertime favorite. But if you want to spice things up and go beyond the typical recipe, there are plenty of variations you can try to make it even better.
From adding different fruits to flavoring your steak with herbs, there are lots of ways to make the dish unique. Here are some of the best:
- Mix different fruits: Combining watermelon with other fruits, such as grapes or blueberries, can add a delightful boost of flavor and a splash of color to your steak.
- Add herbs: Herbs add an unmistakable flavor to any dish. Try seasoning your steak with basil, rosemary, or tarragon to give it a savory, herbaceous flavor.
- Add nuts: Try sprinkling some chopped nuts on top of your steak for an extra crunch and creamy texture.
- Add a stuffing: Creating a delicious mixture of fruits and herb and stuffing it inside the steak is a great way to add even more flavor.
So next time you want to serve up a mouth-watering dish, remember that watermelon steak can be so much more than just a simple snack. Get creative and make it extraordinary with any of these variations.
9. A Fun Outdoor Activity for Summer Parties: Watermelon Steak Grill Off
What could be more fun than gathering friends and family for a good ol’ BBQ grill off? To add a summery twist to the classic warm weather treat, you can host a Watermelon Steak Grill Off!
To start, each person gets their own portion of seedless watermelon cut into steak-shaped pieces. Grab some toothpicks and skewers followed by whatever marinades and spices you may desire and you’ll be ready to go. Everyone gets their very own grill and the challenge of turning their watermelon steaks into a delicious dish. Don’t forget to run around with some spray bottles to mist your ‘steaks’ to keep them nicely moist and fresh.
- Grill It: Provide propane, charcoal, or even gas grills so everyone can get their ‘steaks’ cooked perfectly.
- Create the Sauce: Provide a selection of grilling sauces and spices, such as garlic, salt, pepper, and more, so guest’s can flavor their ‘steaks’ as they please.
- Toppings: Have a few topping ideas or let everyone get creative with their own. Make sure to lay out a variety of condiments, cheeses, fruits, and more.
Once everyone has had their fill of grilling and taste testing, the winner can be chosen by popular vote or by a jury of your peers. No matter the outcome, everyone will be sure to have a blast at an outdoor summer activity like this one!
10. Taking the Watermelon Steak Trend to the Next Level
With the perfect combination of sweet, tart and savory, the Watermelon Steak trend has single-handedly taken healthy cooking to the next level. To add an incredible depth of flavor and a bit of herbiness, try one of these two recipes.
- Grilled Watermelon and Feta Salad: Cut watermelon into thick slices, dredge in olive oil, season with sea salt and black pepper, and grill for 3 minutes on each side. Place the grilled watermelon slices onto a serving platter, top with crumbled feta, fresh basil leaves, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Herbed Watermelon Steak: Cut watermelon into thick slices, dredge in olive oil, season with herbs and spices of choice, and grill for 3 minutes on each side. Place the grilled watermelon slices onto a serving platter, top with fresh herbs, lemon zest, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
These recipes are a surefire way to take the Watermelon Steak trend to the next level. Serve them as side dishes, game day snacks, or delightful summer desserts – either way you’re going to be wowed!
Looking for something new and exciting to spice up your summer eating? Give the sizzling ‘watermelon steak’ a try! Combining succulent watermelon with vivid lime and fragrant garlic, it is sure to tantalize the taste buds and become the highlight of your summer menu. Try it out today, and let us know what you think!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.