Are you looking for an innovative, unique way to serve watermelon at your next dinner? If so, you need to try watermelon steak! This delicious twist on a beloved summer staple is sure to take your next dinner party up a notch, offering a captivating presentation and a juicy, sweet taste that’s truly “a cut above the rest”!
1. Taste Buds Sizzle: Watermelon Steak
Give your taste buds a treat and elevate your steak to a whole new level with this deliciousness – Watermelon Steak. Packed with juicy aroma and vibrant flavours, it’s no wonder why this dish is making the rounds on everyone’s table.
This mouth-watering creation is an ambrosial delight and an excellent way to beat the summer’s heat. It not only looks amazing, with distinctive bright green and ruby-red tones, but also offers up a positively delicious contrast of crunchy, salty and sweet.
- Start off by pre-heating your oven to 320 °F.
- Then cut a few pieces of watermelon into square or round slices since this would resemble the steak-like shape.
- Brush these slices with your favorite balsamic reduction, which is available in most grocery stores.
- Top them with crumbled feta cheese, black sesame seeds, fresh pepper and some fresh herbs such as rosemary, basil or chives.
- Finally pop them in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the watermelon steaks are slightly firm yet still juicy and succulent.
Once these steaks are ready, you’ll know that you are in for a treat. Serve the watermelon steaks on a platter to share with friends and family, or perhaps tuck into a burger-topped sizzling steak dinner with a side of roasted veggies. In any way, it’s definitely a delicious and clever new way to enjoy steak.
2. Rise Above Ordinary this Summer with Watermelon Steak
Make your summertime grilling experience something truly special with this delicious twist on a classic main meal- watermelon steak! With just a few easy steps, you can make a light, delicious, and nutritious meal while keeping your time outdoors filled with summertime vibes.
To begin, cut your watermelon into steaks at least 1 ½-inch thick. Next, brush your steaks lightly with oil of your preference, then season with salt and pepper to your liking. From here, you can go two ways:
- Grilling: Heat up your grill to a medium high heat, then grill each steak-covered side for 4 to 5 minutes, flip and repeat. Don’t forget to remove the steaks once they have reached the desired char and doneness. Serve with a topping of your preference and voila!
- Sautéeing: Heat oil in a skillet on a medium high heat. Once the oil has warmed, add the steaks and sautée each side for 3 minutes, flip, repeat. Let the steaks cook until they reach desired doneness and voila!
Make this summer something extraordinary with a classic “steak”-inspired watermelon twist. Not only will your meal be light and refreshing, but it’s sure to impress with its creative flavors and presentation. There’s no better way to savor the summer sunshine than with this delightful dish.
3. The Sweet & Savory Satisfaction of Watermelon Steak
Summer grilling is in full swing, and there is no better way to kick off the season than with a fresh and tasty watermelon steak. Watermelon may associate strongly with the sweet flavor of traditional desserts, but it can be surprisingly versatile as a savory main dish.
Toss diced watermelon onto the hot grate and cook until lightly charred on both sides. Sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper. Top with feta, or your favorite herbs or spices to give the steak a flavorful kick. Serve on a bed of greens or a bed of watermelon wedges for an even more epic experience. And give your tastebuds a sweet and savory satisfaction like no other!
- Pros – Easy to prepare, can be a main or side dish, vegan-friendly
- Cons – Short shelf life, consistency can be difficult to maintain
4. Watermelon Steak: All the Juicy Details
If you’re looking for something a bit different than your typical steak dinner, then watermelon steak is the way to go! You’ll be surprised just how much flavor can come out of a watermelon.
- Take a watermelon and cut it into steak-like slices.
- In a bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar, olive oil and herbs of your choice.
- Brush the mix over the entire surface of the watermelon slices.
- Grill the slices for 4 to 5 minutes, flipping frequently.
- Serve with a sprinkle of seasoning and your favorite side dish.
You’ll be in for a real treat! Not only does it look impressive, but the acidity from the balsamic vinegar and the sweet taste from the watermelon make for a unique flavor combination. This dish is sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
5. Making Watermelon Steak Perfectly Every Time
Watermelon steak has quickly become a warm-weather favorite, the perfect way to make the most of summer fruit. And while watermelon steak is easy to whip up, there are a few helpful tips and tricks for making sure that your steak is perfectly cooked and sliced every time:
- 1. Start with the Right Cut. To get the steak look, select an extra-large watermelon that you can then cut into 1-inch-thick steaks.
- 2. Make Sure You Don’t Cut Too Thin. If your steak pieces are too thin, they will be too mushy and won’t have the classic steak texture.
- 3. Sear Each Side. To provide an extra layer of flavor, heat up a skillet and quickly sear the outside of your watermelon steak.
You can serve watermelon steak as is, with a few classic steak seasonings, drizzled with honey, or topped with Greek yogurt, feta, and mint. However you decide to enjoy it, with these tips you are sure to get the perfect watermelon steak every single time.
6. Spice Up Your Summer with Watermelon Steak
Turn up the heat in your kitchen this summer with a unique twist on your favorite grilling staple: watermelon steak. This juicy summer treat takes advantage of the succulent flavor of sweet watermelon, adding a spicy-sweet twist that you won’t find with any other cut of steak.
To make watermelon steak, all you need are the following ingredients:
- Chili pepper powder
- Brown sugar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
- Ground black pepper
The addition of chili pepper powder, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper give your steak a smoky-sweet flavor that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds. Brushing the steak with olive oil helps to lock in the moisture and give it a juicy finish.
So don’t let a sizzling summer day beat you down – spice up your menu with a watermelon steak and add a delicious new flavor to any grilling session!
7. Let the Ribbons Fly: Tearing Up Watermelon Steak
Tearing into a juicy watermelon steak is a fun and delicious way to enjoy summer fruit. To give it an even more mouth-watering twist, top off your steak with some colourful ribboned garnishes. Here’s how:
- Choose your ribbons: Pick some of your favourite fruits, such as strawberries, blueberries, kiwi and oranges, and prepare them as ribbons by thinly slicing them.
- Arrange your ribbons: Place the ribbons on top of a pre-cut watermelon steak and garnish with a sprinkle of crushed nuts.
- Let the ribbons fly: Let the ribbons come alive with their vibrant colours and sweets and sour tastes, adding charm and excitement to your watermelon steak.
Once you have your ribbons ready, sit back, dig in and let the ribbon-fest begin! Watermelon steaks with ribbons are a wonderful way to add flavour and colour to your summer plate, and will make a delightful treat for your friends and family.
8. Top Your Plate with Delectable Watermelon Steak
Adding watermelon steak to your plate is a great way to enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal. It’s one of the healthiest fruits, full of vitamins and minerals, and contains hydrating water, so you won’t feel guilty serving it to your family and friends. Not only is it delicious, but it’s quick and easy to prepare as well. Here’s how to make it:
- Start with a medium-sized ripe watermelon and cut it into thick slices, about 1” thick.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the slices, then brush them with a light coating of olive oil.
- Heat a grill or skillet over medium-high heat, place the watermelon steaks on the grill, and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until the slices are lightly charred.
- Once the watermelon steak is cooked, serve it up with your favorite side dishes and enjoy a delicious meal.
While the watermelon steak cooks, you can easily whip up an array of delicious sauces and marinades to drizzle on top. From simple combinations like garlic, olive oil and herbs to complex recipes with flavorful spices, the possibilities are endless. You can also use the watermelon steak as an alternative to steak in recipes like steak sandwiches and salads. The possibilities are as delicious as they are endless!
9. Show Off Your Culinary Acumen with Watermelon Steak
Are you a master chef who loves to tantalize taste buds with something new and exciting? Let’s put your culinary chops to the test with the incredibly delicious watermelon steak!
This fun take on both steak and fruit creates the perfect combination of savory and sweet. To begin, slice a seedless watermelon into thick steaks, about one inch thick. Heat a non-stick pan and carefully place each steak firmly in the pan for about two minutes on each side. Sprinkle 1 tsp of sea salt and pepper over each steak. The key here is to be observant and not allow the steaks to overcook.
- To garnish and finish off your deliciously juicy watermelon steak
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle a blend of chopped rosemary, a pinch of thyme, and a pinch of oregano
- Top with freshly squeezed lemon juice
The final product will have you uttering “wow” with each bite. Serve on a plate with fresh greens and you have a magnificent meal! Show off your culinary prowess today with watermelon steak.10. Dining at Another Level: Watermelon Steak
Watermelon Steak: More than Your Average Fruit
Watermelon steak may sound like an oxymoron, but trust us, it’s real. This summer’s hottest new food sensation isn’t just a take on vegan grill classics, it’s a multidimensional culinary gem worth getting excited about.
Proponents of watermelon steak tout its juicy taste and superior texture, hailing it as a gustatory delight. Cutting and searing watermelon opens up new possibilities as the flesh takes on a “steak-like” consistency and builds savory flavor. Wonders can be worked upon the “steak” with accompanying sauces and marinades.
Getting the most out of watermelon steak requires selecting a ripe, firm melon ready for slicing, which is actually quite simple. Here are the basics of preparing watermelon steak:
- Slice watermelon across the short end into 1-inch thick pieces.
- Using a sharp paring knife, trim off the sides and carefully shape rectangle steaks (you can also shape rounds for a more rustic look).
- Gently place the steaks in a hot pan with oil of your choice for about 2 minutes.
- Then flip the steaks over and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Season with spices and enjoy!
Eating dinner has never been so much fun- unless you’d rather just enjoy a classic watermelon wedge. Either way, give this unique dish a try and prepare yourself for dinner at another level!
At the end of the day, it’s clear that watermelon steak is truly one cut above the rest. Not only is it an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, it also adds a delicious and unique flavor to your meals. Whether you’re trying out something fun and new, or simply looking for some delicious vegan recipes, watermelon steak is sure to be a hit!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.