When it comes to summertime barbecues, there is nothing quite like the classic taste of juicy burgers and hot dogs sizzling on the grill. However, now there is a new barbecuing trend in town – watermelon steaks! Perfect for vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores alike, watermelon steaks are the perfect way to add some spicy and sweet flavor to your next summer barbecue. Discover why watermelon steaks are quickly becoming the new trend that everyone is turning to for a unique and delicious way to enjoy a flavorful summer cookout.
1. Introducing the New Trend: Watermelon Steaks
As summer heats up, many chefs have come to recognize a new food craze: watermelon steak. No, your eyes aren’t deceiving you–people are grilling up, slicing and serving fresh, juicy watermelon like steak!
Watermelon steak is more than just a refreshing and delicious snack: it’s an incredibly versatile food that can be served and enjoyed in a variety of ways. Here are just a few of the many ways this new and exciting trend can be enjoyed:
- Grilled: Grill slices of watermelon until lightly charred, coating in a rub of your favorite spices to take the flavor to the next level.
- Cut: Slice into thin pieces and drizzle with olive oil and your favorite vinegar or citrus juice.
- Infused: Combine flavors like balsamic vinegar and rosemary for a delicious, herby watermelon side dish.
Whether as a sweet salad topper or as a savory side dish, watermelon steak is one culinary trend that’s here to stay! With endless possibilities, you’re sure to find the perfect way to make watermelon steak fit into your summer menu.
2. Making a “Meaty” Statement: Adding Watermelon to Your Summer BBQ
Watermelon often gets overlooked when it comes to traditional barbecue menus. Many people view this vibrant-colored fruit as mere decoration at gatherings. But, why not use it as a flavorful addition to your summer cookout?
Adding watermelon to your barbecue will provide a juicy, sweet, and crunchy dynamic that you won’t find with other picnic staples. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- BBQ Skewers: Alternate cubes of watermelon, chicken, and grilled veggies on a skewer for a complete meal.
- Fruit Salads: Fresh sliced watermelon with strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe and honeydew for a colorful and tasty salad.
- Smoothies: Throw in some cubed watermelon, Greek yogurt, and honey for a refreshing, vitamin-packed beverage.
These ideas will add a bit of fun and excitement to your summer. With its tart and savory flavor, watermelon can also bring a succulent twist to classic favorites like ribs and burgers. So, make this summer one to remember with a barbecue that has it all!
3. Uncovering the Health Benefits of Watermelon Steaks
Watermelon steaks are a unique option to get your daily dose of nutrients. Rich in lycopene, fiber and vitamin A, these steaks offer a variety of benefits for your health. Here are some of the health benefits that come with consuming watermelon steaks:
- Aids in digestion: Watermelon steak’s high fiber content makes it a great supporter of gut health and aids in digestion,.
- Promotes healthy skin: with its high dose of lycopene, watermelon steaks also help defend against wrinkles, discoloration, and UV damage.
- Boosts immunity: Vitamin A contained in watermelon steaks boosts immunity and helps fight inflammation in the body.
It’s no wonder that watermelon steaks have been gaining tons of popularity. Consuming these steaks has been proven to offer a plethora of health benefits – from promoting better digestion to enhancing skin health and boosting immunity. If you’re looking to add a tasty and nutritious dish to your weekly meal plan, look no further than than the humble watermelon steaks!
4. Crafting the Perfect Watermelon Steak
is an art, not a science. It requires a creative hand and an eye for the finest details. Here are some tips for achieving the perfect watermelon steak:
- Go for clean-cut pieces: When selecting watermelon for your steak, it’s important to go for clean-cut pieces that are evenly cut and have smooth, flat surfaces.
- Trim the fat: Once you’ve found your perfect piece of watermelon, use a knife to trim away the fatty edges where the orange-colored rind and the red flesh meet.
- Don’t skimp on the seasoning: The next step is to season the steak. You can go creative with your seasoning or stick to some classic steak rubs like garlic powder, salt and pepper. Make sure the meat is generously covered in the seasoning of your choice.
- Let it cook: Now that your steak is ready to go, you can cook it up however you please – on the barbeque, in a pan or over an open flame, depending on your preference. Cook until the meat takes on a grilled texture and the flavors have nicely combined.
Once done, you can enjoy your watermelon steak as is or serve it up with a side of grilled vegetables and a light salad for a complete summer meal. Bon appétit!
5. Bringing Sophistication to the BBQ with Watermelon Steaks
Everyone knows that a backyard BBQ party isn’t complete without a juicy steak, but you don’t need to stick with beef to class up the affair. Watermelon steaks, cut thick and grilled, bring an unexpected sophistication and wow factor to your BBQ.
This delightful dish starts with a good-quality, ripe watermelon that you’ll need to slice into two to three inch thick steaks. This will create a substantial cut of fruit to season and grill. The savory seasonings, such as sea salt and dashes of cayenne and black pepper, can then be sprinkled on the steaks for a great flavour boost.
- Grill: Grill the watermelon steaks for 3 to 4 minutes each side until nicely char-grilled.
- Serve: Serve the steaks alone or with a few condiments for an extra layer of flavor.
Now you’re ready to serve a unique, gourmet side dish or main meal that will delight your guests at your BBQ. Get ready to crank up the sophistication!
6. Deliciously Marinating the Watermelon Steaks
One of the key steps in preparing watermelon steak is in the marinating. Rich, tangy flavors and aromas are what bring the meal to life and make it the perfect summer entrée. Here’s an easy way to get started.
- Cut a whole watermelon into 1 inch steaks
- Prepare your marinade – combining soy sauce, honey and garlic powder to give a full and balanced flavor.
- Marinate the steaks overnight – this will give the flavors time to truly settle into the melon.
When you’re ready to cook, preheat your grill on a high heat and get cooking! The watermelon steaks grill to perfection in just a few minutes – with delicious grilled flavor and a lip-smacking marinade to boot. Bon Appetit!
7. Grilling the Watermelon Steak to Perfection
Having chosen the perfect watermelon steak to grill, the next step is to find the perfect degree of warmness and juiciness. To achieve the perfect grilling experience, here are some key tips and techniques to remember:
- Preheat the grill to 390°F In order to get the right degree of warmth and juiciness.
- Oil the surface of the watermelon steak so that the flavor is optimized.
- Using tongs, place the steak on the grill and cook it for 8 minutes on a side.
Once you have achieved the desired degree of warmth and juiciness, you know that the steak is cooked to perfection! To take the flavors to the next level, a pinch of salt and some freshly cracked pepper on top coupled with a secret sauce of your choice will tantalize everyone’s taste buds. Serve with your favorite side dishes and celebrate the great grilling experience.
8. Making the Best BBQ Sauces for Watermelon Steaks
Watermelon steak is a delicious summer treat, but it can taste even better when slathered with the right BBQ sauce! Here are a few combinations that will take your watermelon steak to the next level:
- Honey Garlic – Combine honey, garlic, and your favorite BBQ sauce for a sweet and savory mix that packs a punch
- Zesty Lime – Bright and tart, this mix of BBQ sauce and fresh lime juice is the perfect accompaniment for the sweet watermelon steak
- Smokey Sweet – Balance out the sweetness of the watermelon steak with this combination of smoky and sweet barbecue sauce.
No matter what type of BBQ sauces you choose, watermelon steak is sure to be a hit. Keep it simple or experiment with different flavors – there’s no wrong way to enjoy this summer snack!
9. Packing your Plate with Creative Sides for Watermelon Steaks
When you’re looking for creative sides to pair with your succulent watermelon steaks, the possibilities are truly endless. With summer approaching and lots of seasonal produce coming into season, you’ll be able to mix in traditional dishes with an innovative twist:
- Fresh salads – Create a medley of different greens, seasonal veggies and fresh herbs for a fresh and flavorful side. Add a light dressing and finish it off with crunchy croutons for extra texture.
- Grilled vegetables – Healthy and flavorful, grilled vegetables are super easy to make and will provide a plethora of different flavors. Try artichokes, eggplants, mushrooms and bell peppers.
- Fruit salads – What’s more summery than a refreshing fruit salad? Include seasonal fruits like peaches, nectarines and plums, toss them in a light syrup and sprinkle with your favorite herbs.
- Grains – Grains are always a good option, they’re hearty, healthy and can easily be whipped up in no time. Try quinoa, farro, barley or buckwheat.
- Potatoes – There’s no better side for juicy summer steaks than some crispy potatoes. Bake, fry or grill for a truly satisfying side.
The options of what to pair with your mouth watering watermelon steaks are seemingly endless. Create an array of colors and textures, add flavors and spices and get creative. Enjoy!
10. Satisfying your BBQ Cravings with Watermelon Steaks
Tantalize Your Taste Buds with Watermelon Steaks
If your mouth is watering for a juicy steak but you want something different, why not try the unique twist of a watermelon steak? Whether you’re vegan, plant-based or just looking for a healthier alternative, you can enjoy the same smoky summer BBQ flavor without the guilt.
Take a watermelon and cut it into thick slices – just as you would with a steak. Generously rub in your favorite BBQ spices for a classic smoky flavor, before you throw them on the grill. To really get the BBQ smokiness, you can also burn some wood chips on the coals to create a flavorful smoke. And for a golden-brown finish, brush with a bit of oil and wait until you get the perfect char. If you’re stuck for ideas on ingredients, here are some suggestions:
- Cayenne Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt
Assemble the watermelon steak on a bed of vegetables or crispy salad and serve with a buttery garlic and herb sauce. Or, why not spice things up and try a creamy avocado gremolata – a twist on a traditional Italian condiment.
Enjoy the same smoky grilling flavor without the calories – a summer BBQ favorite that ticks all the boxes. Summer grilling season is here and as you fire up the grill, why not add something new to your menu? Try the hottest summer trend and make some delicious watermelon steaks. Who knew watermelons could taste so good with a smoky char? Treat yourself and your loved ones to the latest BBQ trend and watch their eyes light up. Bon appétit!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.