The summer months can bring constant temptations in the form of ice cream, burgers, or other sweet treats. But this summer, there’s a new steak in town, and it might just surprise you: Watermelon! No, this isn’t an April Fool’s joke – it’s the real deal. In the following article, we explore the why, what, and how watermelon can serve as a delicious and versatile steak alternative. Get ready to learn all about the coolest fruit-based steak of the season!
1. Say Goodbye to Steak, Hello to Watermelon This Summer!
It’s time to switch up your summer BBQ plan this year! With watermelon season on the rise, there’s never been a better time to bid farewell to steak and say hello to this tasty fruit. Here are just a few of the reasons why:
Watermelon is a delicious and healthy choice for your summertime cookout; it contains loads of essential vitamins and minerals like potassium and Vitamin C. Plus, watermelons are filling, with high water content, so you won’t get hungry an hour after your meal. Beyond that, they’re incredibly versatile as a main course – try marinating them in a variety of sauces or topping them off with feta cheese and herbs, for a refreshing and flavorful twist.
For those who can’t bear to part with steak, never fear! Watermelons are the perfect second-choice to have in store. Serve them alongside grilled steak, or use them as the protein in a sandwich wrap. If you’re really feeling adventurous, why not attempt watermelon steaks? This grilled watermelon dish is sure to be a hit with your guests!
- Watermelon is a healthy, delicious and versatile choice for a summer BBQ.
- It contains essential vitamins and minerals, and is filling.
- Try innovative recipes for a unique BBQ experience.
2. Summer’s Reimagined Tastes: The Comeback of the Watermelon
Watermelon is one of the most refreshing treats around, and summer is the ideal time to enjoy it. Watermelons are ripe and sweet and make the perfect snack on a hot afternoon. And with all the new varieties of watermelons that have hit the market, this summer’s treats are anything but ordinary.
- Yellow watermelon is turning heads this summer, with its sunny yellow hue and super sweet flavor.
- Seedless watermelon makes enjoying the fresh fruit simple and easy – no seeds to spit out.
- Mini watermelons have an exotic flavor and make for easy portion control – no waste for those smaller appetites.
- Organic watermelon ensures you’re getting the best, most natural watermelon you can find.
Don’t worry though, if you’re looking for the traditional red and green striped watermelon. That variety is still around and ready to be sliced up and served at all your summer gatherings. Summer’s watermelon reimagined is the perfect way to cool off and put a twist on this classic favorite.
3. A Contrary Combination: The Sweet and Salty New Steak Option
For bold balancers of the sweet and salty, there’s an exciting new steak option that caters to both! With decadent accompaniments inspired by traditional but with a twist, this steak will bring satisfaction to any steak-eater.
- Sticky Pudding – A sticky pudding, usually sweetened with honey, that adds sweetness to the dish.
- Sweet and Sour Sauce – A unique savoury sweet and sour sauce that adds a layer of flavour.
- Crispy Onion Rings – An extra crunch to this savoury dish with the addition of crispy onion rings.
This combination of sweet and salty is the perfect mix you didn’t know you needed. The sweetness offers an amazing contrast to the steak, and with the addition of the sauce, each taste is unique. This steak dish will have your taste buds singing and have you begging for more – no steak meal has ever been so delectably balanced.
4. Delectable Watermelon and All Its Nutritional Benefits
Watermelon is possibly one of the most delectable summer fruits out there. Its bold and bright flavour provides a refreshing burst of juicy deliciousness in every bite. The fruit is low in calories, yet it packs a serious nutritional punch.
Nutrition: Watermelon contains a healthy amount of essential vitamins and minerals like potassium, magnesium, vitamins A, B6, and C. It’s also a great source of dietary fibre and antioxidant-rich lycopene, renowned for its cancer-fighting properties.
- Vitamin A helps with vision and reproduction
- Vitamin B6 aids with cognitive development and immunity
- Vitamin C aids in wound healing and tissue repair
- Magnesium helps with nerve and muscle function
- Potassium helps with cellular growth
- Lycopene helps to reduce heart disease and certain cancers
Watermelon is a versatile yet healthy addition to any meal. Whether added to salads, sandwiches, smoothies, or enjoyed on its own – its fantastic nutrition makes it a great choice. Have fun experimenting with recipes and you’ll soon discover a delicious new favourite summer treat.
5. Dig in All Summer Long with This Twist on a Classic
Nothing quite says ‘summer’ quite like a traditional picnic. There’s something about gathering with friends outside, full of conversation and laughter, that’s tailor-made for hot summer days. But if traditional picnics make you feel like you’re in a hamper rut, why not switch things up with a twist on a classic? Here are five ideas to kick things up a notch:
- Switch up the bread: Forget the old-fashioned white loaf, why not try a multigrain sourdough instead? For added oomph, grab a selection of different breads, like rye and brioche, to offer a variety of flavors.
- Put a new spin on old favorites: Take gazpacho up a notch by adding succulent lobster chunks. Spice up your potato salad with harissa or kim chi mayonnaise for a touch of heat.
- Move beyond sandwiches: Burgers and hotdogs can stay in the house—it’s time to enter a new world of summertime flavors. Think grilled salmon with herb mayo, prosciutto-wrapped avocado, or halloumi with a mint and lime salad.
Think outside the picnic basket: Ditch the traditional wicker basket and adopt a modern picnic bag, full of stylish trinkets and all the ones you’ll need. Pack some blankets, cocktail shakers, mason jars and your favorite games for a stylish and fun day.
6. Making Watermelon Steak in Four Simple Steps
Everyone loves watermelons, but did you know you can prepare them in new, exciting ways? Here’s how to transform everyone’s favorite fruit into a juicy steak:
- Step 1: Pick the right watermelon. Use ripe watermelon that’s firm and smells sweet. Avoid ones that have soft spots or cuts.
- Step 2: Slice it up. To make a steak, slice off both ends of the watermelon and then cut it into thick slices of uniform size.
Now you’re ready to cook!
- Step 3: Season it. Brush the steaks with olive oil and sprinkle on some sea salt or your favorite spice blend.
- Step 4: Grill on a medium-high heat. Grill the steaks for about two minutes on each side, or until they have charred grill lines and are tender when pierced with a fork.
And there you have it 😋 Juicy watermelon steaks perfect for a light summer lunch. Serve them with a salad or your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!
7. Flavorful Marinade Ideas to Make the Most of This Summer Supper
Summer is here and that means grilling season has begun! Make this summer’s backyard barbecues more flavorful than ever with these drool-worthy marinade ideas.
1. Sweet and Spicy – Turn up the heat with a marinade featuring all the flavors of the tropics, including pineapple, lime and plenty of peppers. An added pinch of brown sugar rounds out the flavor for something truly unforgettable.
2. Classic Italian – Go for a classic Italian flavor profile with this simple, yet flavorful marinade. Marinate your chicken, fish, or steak in garlic, oregano, rosemary, olive oil, and a splash of balsamic vinegar for an instant classic.
3. Thai-Inspired – Give your summer grilling an exotic twist with a Thai-inspired marinade. Infuse your proteins with the flavors of cilantro, lemongrass, ginger and lime for an unforgettable flavor that never gets old.
4. Honey Mustard – If you’re looking for something a bit milder, try a honey mustard marinade. Blend together honey, mustard and apple cider vinegar, and marinate your proteins for a sweet and savory flavor combo that will have your taste buds singing.
5. Garlic and Herb – Garlic and herbs are always a winning combination. Try marinating proteins in garlic, oregano, and thyme for a zesty and fragrant marinade that pairs well with so many grilled dishes.
6. Citrus and Cumin – Get a Mediterranean flavor profile with a marinade featuring garlic, orange juice, cumin, and smoky paprika. This combo is perfect for lighter fare like chicken, fish, and seafood.
7. Teriyaki – Last but not least, a classic teriyaki marinade never fails to please. Blend up a mixture of soy sauce, fresh ginger, garlic, and a bit of brown sugar to give your proteins the teriyaki flavor you love.
So make this summer’s grilling sprees extra delicious with these marinade ideas. With just a few simple ingredients, you can experiment and find the flavor you love. So grab your tongs and get your grill fired up!
8. All About Accompaniments: Complementing Watermelon Steaks
Watermelon steak is a juicy, succulent dish that just begs to be dressed up with a few tasty accompaniments. Here are 8 ideas perfect for pairing with that summer favorite:
- Fresh corn salad
- Cucumber and tomato salsa
- Grilled asparagus spears
- Homemade garlic butter
- Herby homemade ranch dressing
- Toasted nuts
- Spicy fruit salsa
- Crispy chickpea croutons
Whether you’re a fan of vibrant, zesty flavors or prefer something savory and earthy—or a combination of both—these 8 side dishes have got you covered. They’re sure to take your watermelon steak to mouthwatering new heights. So, next time you’re grilling up those juicy slices of melon, why not try a few of the above offerings? You won’t regret it!
9. The Health Benefits of This Carb-Free Red Meat Alternative
If you’re looking for a carb-free alternative to red meat, then you should consider kangaroo meat. This lean, low-fat meat is growing in popularity due to its many health benefits. Here are some of the top advantages you will get from the regular consumption of kangaroo meat:
- High Protein Content: Kangaroo meat is a rich source of protein, with about nineteen grams per hundred gram serving. Protein is essential for building muscle and aiding in cell repair, making it an important part of a balanced diet.
- Low in Saturated Fats and Cholesterol: According to the Department of Health, kangaroo meat is very low in saturated fat and cholesterol, making it a healthier red meat alternative. It’s also high in Omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for maintaining a healthy heart.
- Rich in Iron and Zinc: Kangaroo meat is a great source of iron and zinc, both of which are important for keeping your immune system strong and aiding in the absorption of other minerals. This makes it a great choice for vegetarians and vegans who may be lacking in these essential vitamins and minerals.
In addition to its many health benefits, kangaroo meat is also leaner and lower in fat than other red meats like beef. This extreme leanness means that it takes longer to cook, but in the end you will get a juicy, delicious result that is well worth the wait.
10. Get Ready for Summer with a Fresh New Steak Experience!
Summertime is the perfect season for barbecues and steak nights with family and friends. Get ready to make this summer your best one yet with a fresh new steak experience! Here are a few tips to help you take your steak grilling to the next level:
- Use high quality steaks.
- Choose the right cooking method. Try grilling, searing, or broiling.
- Pay attention to heat levels. Grill on higher heat for a nice sear, and lower heat for cooking it through.
- Allow the steak to rest after cooking. This will help the steak stay more tender.
- Season with a tasty marinade or rub.
Go beyond grilling! Try some creative recipes like steak tacos, steak salad, or steak sandwich. Adding a unique twist to your steak experience will keep summer interesting. Think of your favorite flavors when it comes to seasonings and marinades. Perfectly grilled steak is just the beginning for your summer menu.
Summer can be a time to experiment in the kitchen and try something new. Watermelon steak is a flavorful, vegan option that that is easy to make and full of fresh seasonal flavor. Be sure to give it a try this summer – you won’t be sorry!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.