If you thought it was impossible to enjoy delicious vegan food in-sync with fast food cravings, you’ll be delighted to find that Popeyes has a whole new menu to explore. From vegan chicken and Louisiana-style sides to scrumptious vegan desserts, this fast food chain is an excellent option for those looking to enjoy a vegan feast on the go! Tasty vegan fare at Popeyes is sure to tickle your taste buds.
1. Popeyes’ Delicious Vegan Offerings: A Tasty Surprise!
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen are no strangers to dishing up delicious servings of classic American comfort food. What might come as a surprise, however, is the range of tasty vegan options available!
Whether you’re looking for a flavorful lunch, dinner, or even just a quick snack, Popeyes’ menu has you covered. On offer are a bunch of options from classic to innovative, from vegan options such as their Red Beans & Rice and Mild Spicy Bites, to their recent addition of a vegan-friendly plant-based chicken sandwich – the first among American fast-food restaurants for sure.
- Red Beans & Rice: This vegan dish is a classic Louisiana recipe loaded with flavorful, comforting ingredients. Filled with protein-packed red beans, fluffy white rice, and southern seasonings, it’s sure to leave you satisfied.
- Mild Spicy Bites: Popeyes’ vegan-friendly version of their iconic spicy bites are packed with flavor. The bites are made with plant-based ingredients, lightly battered and fried with Louisiana seasonings to give them a delicious crunch.
- Vegan Chicken Sandwich: The new vegan-friendly chicken sandwich rivals the original! With a crispy vegan fried chicken patty, crunchy pickles, and creamy vegan mayonnaise, served on a classic sesame seed bun, it’s enough to tantalize the tastebuds.
Whether you’re a vegan or just looking for something new, Popeyes’ vegan offerings will tick all the boxes and leave you wanting more. Hey, if even fast food chains are getting in on the vegan hype, you know it’s got to be good!
2. A Welcome Expansion of Vegan Foods at Popeyes
Popeyes always strove to provide the ultimate soul food experience and recently, in line with the diet trends of modern times, the restaurant chain has added vegan options to its menu.
Customers rejoice at the announcement of vegan treats, something few other popular soul food spots offer. The new options are more than welcomed:
- The BBQ ‘chick’n’ sandwich can now be ordered vegan-style.
- Vegan tenders and ‘bayou buffalo’ boneless wings are available, too!
- The extras don’t stop here, as the chain also added sides like green beans and vegan red beans and rice.
As part of the vegan revolution happening around the world, Popeyes is doing its part to let everyone partake in delicious soul food without worry. Even if you’re vegan, you can now share meals with your friends and family without feeling out of place at a fast-food restaurant.
3. Introducing the New Vegan Spicy Cajun Chicken Sandwich
Calling all vegans! It’s time to get excited, because we’ve just rolled out our newest menu item. The Vegan Spicy Cajun Chicken Sandwich. Our team has been busy working on this deliciously exciting dish that combines the flavor of classic Southern cuisine and vegan-friendly ingredients.
The sandwich starts with a tempeh patty, which is mixed with our flavor-packed Cajun spices. We then place the patty on toasted wheat bread, and top it with our vegan version of mayonnaise. To finish, we added pickle slices for that extra kick.
- Truly vegan: Our sandwich is 100% vegan friendly, so you can enjoy it guilt-free.
- Spicy Southern flare: Our Cajun spices bring the heat, giving your taste buds an unforgettable experience.
- Crispy goodiness: Every bite is more delicious than the last, thanks to the toasted wheat bread.
4. Spice it Up with Popeyes’ Vegan Mashed Potato Bowl and Fries
Adapting to current trends, Popeyes recently added two tasty options for vegan guests. Allergen free, the vegan Mashed Potato Bowl is prepared with a savory blend of spices and nutritional yeast for maximum flavor, and served with a tasty vegan gravy. The vegan Fries are fried in zero trans fat oil, delightfully crunchy and contain no maragarine.
For those demanding a perfect meal, the vegan Mashed Potato Bowl & Fries can be infinitely customized. Try swapping out the classic vegan gravy and fries for the Red Beans & Dirty Rice, Spicy Cajun Fries, or Cajun Rice. And boldly top off the vegan Mashed Potato Bowl with delicious extras like Cajun Gravy, Bacon Cane Creek, Bayou Buffalo, and Creole Smart Fox.
- Mashed Potato Bowl = Nutritious Yeast, Savory Spices, Vegan Gravy
- Fries = Zero Trans Fat Oil
5. Loaded with Flavor: Popeyes’ Spinach and Beans with Rice
You don’t always need to indulge in heavy flavors to savor a delicious meal. Popeye’s Spinach and Beans with Rice deliciously combines a hearty selection of ingredients that come together to populate a delightfully savory feast!
- Light and flavorful: The spinach is light and flavorful, while the beans add a nice earthy taste to the dish. The rice ties it all together and gives it that comforting feeling.
- Full of nutrition: Not only does this dish have incredible flavors, but it’s also packed with plenty of nutrition and provides a full serving of healthy vegetables.
- No additives: Popeyes’ Spinach and Beans with Rice has no additives or preservatives; only the freshest ingredients are included in this hearty meal.
At only $6 for a full meal, Popeyes’ Spinach and Beans with Rice is a surefire way to indulge in a truly delicious and nutritious meal without breaking the bank. With so much flavor and nutrition packed into one dish, this is an perfect meal to jumpstart your health and wellness journey!
6. Keep it Classic with the Vegan Red Bean Stew and Biscuit
If you’re looking for a vegan dish that never gets old, the vegan red bean stew and biscuit dish is a guaranteed classic. Yielding six servings and ready in an hour and fifteen minutes, this meal is an easy to make crowd pleaser. Moreover, it’s also economical because it uses affordable ingredients and can be kept in a freezer for up to six months.
After boiling the vegan red beans, simply add a medley of carrots, tomatoes, and celery (which adds a rustic depth of flavor to this traditional recipe.) Then, combine all the ingredients into the stew and bake it for about 30 minutes. Once the stew is cooked, accompany it with fluffy, buttery biscuits that can easily be made from a pre-made biscuit mix. Serve the meal hot, and enjoy!
- 3 cups cooked red beans
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-made biscuit mix
7. Popeyes’ Buffalo Chicken Poppers: A Crowd-Pleasing Vegan Option
For plant-based group events, Popeyes’ Buffalo Chicken Poppers are the perfect choice! The poppers are vegan, made with a delicious combination of chickpeas and cauliflower, with a crispy coating and a tangy buffalo sauce that will keep everyone happy. And the best part is, you don’t have to worry about meat eaters not being satisfied – this vegan pick is sure to please everyone!
The poppers are easy to grab and go, making them great for outdoor events or large gatherings. Serve them as an appetizer before dinner or as a snack to keep the energy up throughout the night. You’ll have everyone talking about this delicious vegan dish!
- Chickpeas are a great source of protein and flavor
- Cauliflower adds crunch and texture to the poppers
- Buffalo Sauce is the perfect mix of tangy and spicy
8. Take it to Go: Popeyes’ Handcrafted Spicy and Mild Vegan Strips
Popeyes’ Handcrafted Spicy and Mild Strips don’t need to be distributed from the storefront! You can take your vegan charcuterie to go. They are a convenient and delicious snack that pleases everyone with its unique mix of herbs and spices.
- No artificial ingredients
- Easily transportable snack
- UV protected packaging
Popeyes’ Handcrafted Spicy and Mild Strips are individually prepared, hand-packed and vacuum sealed. This careful attention to detail helps keep the flavor and freshness intact. Whether you do a picnic in the park or order them for an after-work snack, you can trust that you and your family will enjoy every bite. And sweet dreams will follow as these tasty treats will quickly satisfy any hunger while unlocking the flavor of the season.
9. Plant Based Perfection: Popeyes’ Vegan Mozz Sticks
Popeyes have just released a new vegan favourite – Mozz Sticks! That’s right – you can now enjoy ooey-gooey melted cheese without the use of animal products.
Plant-based perfection, these vegan mozz sticks were created with a blend of popular plant-based proteins. Here’s what they include:
- Organic tofu
- High-protein chickpea flour
- Italian herbs and spices blend
- Premium vegan mozzarella
These sticks absolutely capture the yum factor of the classic non-vegan version, except this is healthy, cruelty-free and packed with the dreamiest melty cheese. Plus, for a limited time, get 2 for only 5 dollars!
10. Take Out, Take In: Popeyes’ Vegetable Wrap – Delicious Even On the Go!
If you’re pressed for time but don’t want to settle for unhealthy fast food, the Popeyes’ Vegetable Wrap is an ideal solution.
Packaged in convenient aluminum foil, the wrap is filled with fresh, healthy ingredients. The base of the wrap is made from buttery, light and fluffy flatbread. It’s then topped with a generous helping of roasted red peppers, grilled zucchini, onion and spinach. The wrap is finished with crunchy toasted pine nuts, feta cheese and a special Popeyes’ sauce.
- Savory: The flavor of the roasted vegetables combined with the feta cheese creates a savory, mouthwatering wrap.
- Healthy: Enjoy a meal on the go that’s both delicious and good for you.
The Vegetable Wrap is a great option anyone seeking a balance between nutrition and convenience. The wrap can also be enjoyed at home as part of a balanced meal. Who said veganism means boring and flavourless meals? Popeyes continues to prove that you can enjoy delicious vegan-friendly meals that are not lacking in taste! So make sure to try their vegan menu the next time you visit Popeyes to experience the tasty vegan fare for yourself!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.