Summer is known for its juicy and summery fruits, yet few know that with some palette-pleasing spices, an ordinary watermelon can be transformed into a delicious and savory companion to your cookouts and summer social events. Say “so long” to ordinary steaks, and get ready for one of the tastiest summer steaks you’ve ever had– the watermelon steak!
1. Smoke Up the Grill: A Deliciously Unique Steak Experience!
Smoking up the grill is the perfect way to level up your steak cooking experience. It’s a unique and delicious way to prepare a dish your family will love!
- Tools – You’ll need a charcoal or gas grill, a smoker box and some wood chips.
- Prep – Wash and pat dry the steak. Leave it to marinate overnight. Once ready, transfer the steak onto the smoker box.
Heat up the grill and fill it up with the wood chips. Then put your steak and smoky goodness on the grill. Cook for about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare steak perfection. Plate your masterpiece and add a side dish of your preference. Now take a bite and enjoy the flavor heaven that is a smoked steak.
2. Ready, Set, Get Juicy: Introducing Watermelon Steak
Easy To Prepare
Watermelon steak is one of the simplest recipes to make. All you need is one large watermelon, a sharp knife and a little bit of creativity. Cut the watermelon in 3/4 to 1 inch thick slices. Slice it lengthwise, then decide whether to keep the rind on or off and place it onto the heated skillet, or griddle for about 2 minutes per side. Now your juicy steak is ready.
Get creative and unique by adding some exotic topping to your watermelon steak. Top your steak with feta and mint for a perfect Mediterranean composition, or, for a spicy and unique edge, add avocado, garlic, jalapenos and a sprinkle of lime juice. You can keep it simple with some sea salt, pepper and olive oil, or get bold and daring with some curry spices. The possibilities are endless.
3. Spicing Up Summer with a Savory Vegetable Steak
When the scorching sun is out and the temperatures are rising, it can be difficult to come up with recipes that still keep you feeling cool and happy. But vegetable steaks are the perfect way to make a summertime meal without having to turn on the stove. Here are three simple steps to spicing up your summer with flavorful and irresistible vegetable steaks:
- Start with firm summer vegetables – like eggplant or zucchini – and cut them into thick slices.
- Marinade the slices in the sauce of your choice – a touch of olive oil and fresh herbs for a light and fresh meal, or a tangy teriyaki for a zestier version.
- Place the slices onto a hot and oiled grill pan and cook until lightly golden and tender. Serve with a side and enjoy!
Ready in just a few minutes and full of flavor, vegetable steaks won’t just make a satisfying meal, they’ll also save you from sweating up the kitchen! Paired with a few side dishes and enjoyed on an outdoor terrace, these dish will have you feeling like you’re dining in a fancy restaurant.
4. The Summer Day BBQ: Enjoy Watermelon Steak in a Whole New Way!
As the days get warmer, why not add a little sizzle to your summer BBQ? Try the latest food trend, Watermelon Steak! While usually linked to the standard salad, watermelon can make an unexpectedly delicious entrée.
To make Watermelon Steak, pick an oblong, ripe watermelon. Cut it into 1-inch thick slices. Preheat your grill or stove-top to medium-high heat. Brush the watermelon slices with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, and add your favourite herbs. Grill for about 4 minutes on each side or until grill marks start to show up. Cut into four quarters and serve with your favourite sides.
- Sides: Tortillas, rice, vegetables, or cous cous.
- Herbs: Cilantro, rosemary, tarragon or thyme.
5. Let’s Talk Marinades: Mastering the Perfect Temperature for Watermelon Steak
When you combine marinades and grilling, a heavenly experience awaits. Especially if you’re talking about grilled watermelon steak. Without the perfect marinade and the right cooking temperature, it can all go wrong. But by following a few simple steps, you can make sure your watermelon steak is grilled to perfection.
Firstly, select your marinade. Try something bright and acidic, like a citrus-spiked marinade that complements the melon’s sweet flavor and provides a tart counterbalance. A typical marinade has garlic, oil, and vinegar and from here, you can add any herbs and spices you like. Turmeric, curry powder and paprika taste delicious in a watermelon steak marinade.
Once your marinade is ready, it’s time to get grilling. Choose the right temperature. You’ll need to get your grill nice and toasty, so it should be somewhere in the 350ºF to 400ºF range. Make sure it’s hot before you start cooking, so your watermelon steak chars beautifully. Keep an eye on it, and when the steak has developed some deep caramelization, it’s ready to be served.
6. Getting Saucy: Topping and Grilling Watermelon Steak to Perfection
Watermelon steak is a relatively new way to make the most of summer’s candy-like sweetness. Grilling it brings out an even richer flavor for a unique dish that can be dressed up in a variety of ways. Here’s what you’ll need to make a delicious watermelon steak:
- Watermelon steak (about 1.5 inches thick)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped herbs like rosemary, thyme, oregano
Once you’ve gathered the ingredients, start by brushing your selected steak with a generous amount of extra-virgin olive oil. This will help the seasonings stick and your steak to caramelize on the grill. Sprinkle salt and pepper, as well as your herbs, on both sides of the steak. Be sure to season generously – the flavors will be muted once the watermelon is cooked.
When your grill is hot and ready, place the watermelon steak on the grates. Grill each side for 4-5 minutes until you get nice charring lines on each side. This should make the steak crispy on the outside, while still juicy in the middle. Serve right away and enjoy your tasty watermelon steak!
7. Winners Aren’t Just at the BBQ: Mastering the Perfect… Watermelon Steak!
Summer calls for backyard barbecues—what better way to enjoy long summer days and cool summer nights with friends and family! And if you’re hosting the next gathering, why not impress your guests with something special instead of the classic burger and hotdog fare? Enter the watermelon steak—it’s an impressive way to elevate your summer BBQ and will have you crowned “barbecue master” in no time!
To make the perfect watermelon steak, there are a few simple steps you should remember. Start by slicing a seedless watermelon into 1-inch thick rounds, and then cut two equal-sized rectangles from each round. Make sure to cut all the slices evenly, so the steaks retain their shape. Once cut, brush each steak lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the steaks on a hot BBQ for 2-3 minutes per side and ensure that each side is seared and looks nicely charred. Serve your grilled steaks with a sprinkle of chives or fresh herbs and a zest of lemon juice and enjoy!
8. Bring on the Sizzle: Flipping and Plating Watermelon Steak Like a Pro!
There is no better way to impress your dinner guests than flipping and plating a juicy watermelon steak like a pro. With a few simple steps, you’ll be creating mouth-watering meals that look like they belong in a gourmet restaurant.
First things first, you’ll need to select a ripe watermelon that’s deep red with yellow edges. To prepare the steak, cut two one-inch thick slices and cut away the rind.
- Sauce it Up: Create a sauce to drizzle over the steak by combining equal parts of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and garlic. Season the sauce with your preferred herbs and spices.
- Heat it Up: Heat up a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add a knob of butter, followed by the steak. Flip it once the edges begin to char.
- Plate it Up: Place the watermelon steak onto the center of a plate. Drizzle the sauce over the steak before adding a pinch of freshly-chopped parsley or other herb.
With a few simple steps, you’ll impress your guests with your extraordinary culinary skills. A watermelon steak is the perfect way to start off the summer!
9. Craft Your Summer Meal: Creative Ways to Serve Watermelon Steak
Watermelon steak is trending as a healthier, vegetarian option to classic steak recipes, and the best part
is that it’s easy to customize your own! This sweet and savory summer dish is a great option for those who
are looking for a way to tantalize their taste buds with fresh flavors – and with these 7 creative recipes,
you’ll have a bounty of different ways to serve up this succulent summer staple.
- Lime & Chilli Watermelon Steak: Combine generosity of lime with a hint of chilli to create a summer steak that’s sure to set your taste buds sizzling. Serve with a side salad or bulgur wheat for a delicious, light dish.
- Watermelon Steak & Feta Salad: Weave together salty and sweet flavors with this Mediterranean-style salad – cubes of sweet watermelon steak paired with juicy tomato, creamy feta and sprinkled with pomegranates. A beguiling dish to please from lunchtime to dinner.
- Seared Watermelon Steak with Marinara: The perfect marriage of fruit and sauce; seared watermelon steak sits atop a bed of deliciously zesty marinara. Serve with a side of garlic bread for maximum summertime feasting.
You don’t have to settle for the same old summer meal; spice up your plate with these creative watermelon steak recipes which bring bold flavor and exciting textures to your table. Enjoy your taste of summer however you like it – steam, sear, or toss in a salad – and make the most of sweet summer watermelon. Bon appétit!
10. Ready, Set, Indulge: Wrapping Up the Tastiest Summer Steak Ever!
After months of grilling in the warm summer sun, your tender and juicy social gatherings, and the ultimate steak feast, it’s time to wrap up the perfect dinner. You have a few final steps to ensure that you and your friends have the most succulent steak that life has to offer!
First, season and prepare the steak according to your preferences. Salt, pepper, herbs, and other seasonings all work wonders to give your steak an extra kick of flavor. Then, grill your steak to perfection. Whether you’re an amateur or professional chef, you can’t go wrong with some good BBQ technique. Finally, slice the steak once it’s cooked and let all those delicious juices ooze out!
And there you have it – the perfect end to the tastiest summer steak experience. Here’s what to do on the side:
- Add a side of grilled vegetables or potatoes.
- paired with a refreshing summer salad.
- (for the adults) a glass of chilled beer or wine.
Gather around the table, sit back, and enjoy the fruits of your hard work over an amazing dinner.
Nothing says summer like a juicy, delicious watermelon steak. It’s a great way to cool off on a hot day and fill your belly with something tasty and nutritious. Whether you cook it up with some summer vegetables or marinate it in a favorite BBQ sauce, you’ll be sure to impress your family and friends with your delicious watermelon steak creations. So fire up the grill and get cooking – the tastiest summer steak awaits you!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.