As the sun starts to set on the summer days, it’s time to relish in the flavor of warm summer evenings. One of the best ways to enjoy the glorious season is to savor the taste of summer’s fruity king – the watermelon. This jolly fruit is the perfect palette cleanser during those steamy summer days, but one creative way of enjoying watermelon has us questioning how we ever viewed its versatility since. Welcome to the world of watermelon steaks – a combination of juicy sweetness and tantalizing texture.
1. A Refreshing Take on the Traditional Steak
A New Twist on an Old Favorite
In the age of fast food and quick-fix meals, classic steak can sometimes seem a bit lackluster. But steak is still a beloved favorite for families and friends around the globe. Here we will show you how to spice up the traditional steak dinner with a few little touches that can go a long way in making the meal more enjoyable for everyone.
To make your steak dinner the memorable event that you are hoping for, you’ll want to:
- Plan ahead. Have all the ingredients ready and prepped in advance.
- Choose your cut of steak carefully. For instance, a rib-eye steak gives a wonderful beefy flavor.
- Pick the right condiments. Too much sauce overpowers the steak’s natural flavor.
- Choose the right side dishes. A classic side dish like mashed potatoes complements steak nicely.
- Top it off! A simple garnish of fresh herbs adds color and the finishing touches to a perfectly cooked steak.
2. Welcome to Watermelon Steak Season
It’s that time of year again! Summer brings perfect days at the beach and of course, something deliciously juicy and sweet – watermelon steak! Watermelon steak is the ultimate summertime treat, a delightful way to enjoy summer’s produce.
- Summer Refreshing Taste: Its bright pink color and refreshing sweet taste make it a favorite of kids and adults alike. Watermelon steak is perfect in salads, as a barbecue side dish or simply enjoyed on its own. It’s a great source of vitamins, minerals, and just the right amount of sweetness.
- Various Preparations: you can prepare watermelon steak however you prefer. For a classic dish, try adding a little bit of lemon juice and zest for a zesty twist. Grill a few slices and sweeten them up with honey and sea salt for a delicious and unique BBQ treat. Or simply cut watermelon steak into cubes and mix it with feta cheese and greens for a colorful and tasty salad.
3. Get Slicey with Your Summer Feasts
Slicing into a summer feast is one of life’s simple pleasures. With the warm sun providing ample opportunity for a lazy day by the barbeque, a few cleverly chosen dishes are all you need to treat your guests to a delightful outdoor dining experience.
Let go of the heavy serves, and focus on the freshness of seasonal produce with light and wholesome options:
- Kabobs: A great way to get creative with your ingredients, popping a few choice vegetables onto a skewer is the easiest way to make use of what’s already in season.
- Salads: Get creative with an array of crunchy ingredients and soft, creamy dressings – serve everything in separate bowls so your guests can mix, match and enjoy.
- Antipasto platters: Vegetables, cheeses, olives and salamis – whatever you have on hand – all come together perfectly with an ample supply of crusty bread.
No summer feast is complete without a few slices of the good stuff. Enjoy the sunshine and the season in open air with an array of light and wholesome options that no-one will be able to resist!
4. Slice That Watermelon Like You Would a Steak
Cutting a Watermelon Like You Would a Steak
If you’ve ever been in charge of slicing up a watermelon, chances are you sent the whole thing through a mad spinning-juggling act, only to end up with slices of varying sizes that all look like wedges of a pie. But what if we told you there’s actually an easier way to cut a watermelon that looks something like it was cooked on a grill?
The trick is to think of a watermelon as though it were a steak. Instead of cutting it like a melon, cut it like a steak, where the slices are long and flat. Here’s how:
- Use a sharp, long knife.
- Turn the watermelon ninety degrees and, starting at one end, make long, horizontal slices.
- Make sure to use a knife angle that gives a slicing motion to the blade, not a push and pull motion.
- Continue all the way down the melon and then turn it ninety degrees for another row of even, flat slices.
The technique may take some practice before it looks just like the results from a professional kitchen, but it’s a lot easier than the wedges method and the slices look more appealing on the serving platter. One advantage of this technique is you can cut the melon with its rind still on, which can help keep the fruit fresher for longer. Finally, eating watermelon slices like steak makes it easier to dip the fruit in savory dressings and sauces. Enjoy!
5. The Juicy Benefits of the Watermelon Steak
When it comes to the health benefits of watermelon steak, there’s no shortage! The juicy flesh of this steak is packed full of lycopene, magnesium and potassium, as well as Vitamin C and A! High levels of lycopene are known to reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease and stroke, as well as assisting in eye health, should you be in need of vision improvement. Vitamin A and C aid in a variety of important bodily functions, boosting immunity and helping with digestion. In addition, it is hydrating and low in calories. The benefits packed into the watermelon steak are truly extraordinary.
Deliciously sweet and juicy, the watermelon steak is sure to tantalize your taste buds like no other steak. The incredible flavour is difficult to be ignored! Moreover, the steak can be cooked up in a myriad of ways, according to popular dishes in different parts of the world. Some countries barbeque the steak, while other cultures enjoy it fried! Let’s not forget watermelon recipes that combine the steak with other fruits, nuts and spices to add different flavours. Therefore, you’ve plenty of options to choose from to deliciously devour the watermelon steak. Enjoy!
6. The New Wave of Summer BBQ Dishes
Summer BBQs are no longer simply about grilled ribs, corn and burgers. Nowadays, a wider selection of dishes awaits to be explored. These delicious delicacies add a new exciting dimension to your next BBQ. Some of the new and noteworthy additions are listed below:
- Garlic & Herb Couscous: Create a tasty vegan-friendly side dish with this garlic and herb-filled Couscous. Bursting with bold Mediterranean flavors, it’s the perfect accompaniment to grilled meats or fish.
- Cherry Cola Ribs: Add a modern, sweet twist to classic BBQ ribs. Soak the ribs in a flavorful blend of dark cola, ketchup, cherry preserves, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and sugar to create divinely sticky ribs that turn heads.
- Smoked Corn Salsa: Smoke the corn before adding it to your salsa to get a smoky flavor. Mix in some diced tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, avocado, lime juice and cilantro for a flavor-packed salsa to tantalize your taste buds.
It’s not only about the sides, desserts can provide a fantastic way to add something special to your BBQ. There is no better way to send guests away with a smile than by ending the day with BBQ cobbler or brownies. Fire-baked pizzas can also be fun way to bring your outdoor dinner to the next level.
7. Summertime Spice Meets Sweet Fruit Deliciousness
It’s not summertime until you’ve had some of these delicious homemade treats! With these simple ingredients you can create something truly special that will have your family and friends clamoring for more.
To begin, prepare a medium bowl of diced apples, mixed berries, and pineapple. Add your favorite sweetener to achieve the desired level of sweetness. To give your fruity mixture a real kick of summertime spice, stir in ¼ cup nutmeg, ½ cup brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon. Place your fruity bowl in the refrigerator for about 2 hours for for a chill.
When you’re ready to serve, spoon your chilled summertime fruit concoction into serving cups. Top each cup with a spoonful of whipped cream, and sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon. Serve with a side of melted dark chocolate chips and watch as it quickly disappears.
- Fruit ingredients: diced apples, mixed berries, and pineapple
- Spices: nutmeg, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon
- Garnish: whipped cream, nutmeg, and cinnamon
8. A Look Inside the Ultimate Watermelon Steak Recipe
The ultimate watermelon steak recipe is the perfect way to enjoy a juicy summer treat. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- 2 large seedless watermelon steaks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
The trick to getting the perfect steak is to let the watermelon marinate in the olive oil, balsamic, garlic powder, and butter. Then, all you have to do is pop them in the pre-heated oven and bake for about 20 minutes, flipping each steak halfway through. Once your steaks are done, remove from the oven and season with salt & pepper for extra flavor.
When it comes time to serve, it’s best to let your watermelon steak rest for 5 minutes before cutting and serving. Then, enjoy it with your favorite side dishes and let the intense burst of flavor and juiciness tantalize your taste buds!
9. ‘Tis the Season for Watermelon Steak Innovation
As the sun beats down on us and summer finally rolls in each year, the thought of watermelon evokes images of long hot days full of juicy sweetness. But why relegate watermelon to a tasty summer snack? Because ’tis the season for some watermelon steak innovation!
This creative way to tackle summer produces some surprisingly delicious results, and it’s truly easy to pull off! All you need are some ripe watermelons, a sharp knife and a few extra seasonings. Here’s how to make it:
- Cut the watermelon – Start by cutting the watermelon into thick slices, around 1 inch thick
- Score the slices – Make crisscross marks on both sides of each slice with a sharp knife
- Season – Sprinkle each watermelon slice with your favorite spices, such as oregano, sage, or garlic salt. You can also brush each slice with oil or melted butter for additional flavor
Let your watermelon steaks cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until they’re charred and cooked through. Serve them up with a dollop of vegan cheese if you like, and you’re sure to have a delicious meal that no one will forget in a hurry! Watermelon steak innovation – it’s the perfect summer surprise.
10. Get Ready for Summer Foodie Heaven
Summer is the season for outdoor living and eating. As the days get warmer and the sun stays out a little bit longer, foodie heaven is around the corner. It’s time to roll up your sleeves and get ready to enjoy nature’s bounty in fantastic dishes.
Here are some tips to get you prepped for summertime gastronomy:
- Stock up on seasonal fruits and veggies. Enjoy the sweetness of watermelon, peaches, corn and tomatoes. Create a variety of dishes with this delicious produce and explore exotic flavors.
- Try grilling. Summer is all about grilling. Take advantage of this great cooking method with marinated steak, chicken and shrimp.
- Explore global flavors. Take cooking from the ordinary to the extraordinary by savoring flavors from different cultures and experimenting with spices, marinades and seasonings.
This summer, prepare to tantalize your taste buds and live it up with some stellar foodie joy.
For a delicious treat this summer, why not spice up your next cookout with a twist on a barbeque classic? Watermelon Steaks are a fantastic way to add some rare and distinctive flavors to your plate. They’re easy to make, healthy, and bring a unique edge to the traditional dinner plate. So fire up the grill and give this delectable summer twist a try! With watermelon steaks, one thing is for sure – you won’t be slicing up the same old summer any time soon.
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.