Take one of the most beloved summer fruits, watermelon, over the top with this sweet and savory twist – The Watermelon Steak! Both the perfect snack or entrée for your next summer gathering, the recipe for Sliced Up’s Watermelon Steak is sure to be a crowd favorite.
1. Introducing the Perfect Summer Meal: The Watermelon Steak
Wondering what to cook for the upcoming family cookout? This summer, wow everyone with the fresh and brimming with flavor Watermelon Steak! Serve this sensational entrée and watch it become the talk of the day!
Fuel up with something out of the ordinary. Watermelon steak is sweet, juicy and nutrient-rich. It’s also quite straightforward to make. Plus, you can serve it on its own or with an array of side dishes. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 pounds of watermelon steak cut into even-size steaks
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt
- Your favorite seasoning (e.g. smoked paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder)
To prepare the watermelon steaks, rub salt and oil over each steak (on both sides). Then sprinkle with the seasonings of your choice. Preheat a grill or skillet to a medium-high temperature then place the watermelon steaks on it when it’s nice and hot. Grill for 3 minutes on each side.
2. Spice Up Your Plate with “Sliced Up”
Dish up a plate of kitchen-sparked creativity with “Sliced Up”. This snazzy version of salad takes vegetables to the next level by making them look as delectable as they taste. All you need is a sturdy cutting board and a sharp knife to get started.
When it comes to Sliced Up salads, the possibilities are practically endless. Here are a few ways to give your veggie creations an extra spark:
- Instead of halving or quartering cucumbers and tomatoes, why not cut them into creative shapes like stars and hearts?
- Spiralize some fresh squash for a curly look
- Got some bell peppers? Dicing them into tiny cubes can add a pop of color to your plate
- Fancy up your greens with some herb slices – basil, cilantro, mint and oregano are excellent choices
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different cutting styles to suit your taste. Whether it’s artfully diced, crinkle-cut, or finely julienned, these spectacularly sliced up veggies will make your dishes look as tasty as they truly are.
3. Sweet, Savory, and Ready for the Grill: Redefining the Watermelon Steak
Watermelon is often the surprising go-to food of the summer months, but have you ever considered grilling it? With a few simple preparations, watermelon can be transformed into a succulent steak – a unique take on an old favorite.
After slicing your watermelon into thick pieces, there’s an abundance of ways to give it an extra punch of flavor. From a sweet honey-lemon glaze to a savory marinade of cilantro and garlic, you can customize your watermelon steak to fit any situation. Unnumbered list:
- Mix up a vinaigrette with chopped nuts and fresh ginger.
- Drizzle melted butter and mint over the steak.
- Toss on some smoked paprika or chili powder.
- Add freshly minced garlic and herbs.
Whether you choose to top your watermelon steak with fresh fruit, cheese, or slivered almonds, you won’t be disappointed with the result of your grilling adventure.
4. Fire Up the Grill – It’s Time for Watermelon Steak!
There’s just nothing that says summer like a delicious slice of watermelon steak. Its sweetness and juiciness are irresistible! Take advantage of the warm weather and gather your friends around the grill – it’s time to get grilling.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Prep: Cut your watermelon into one-inch thick round slices. Use a cookie cutter for extra fancy shapes.
- Grill: Heat up your grill on medium-high heat and generously brush your watermelon slices with olive oil and season with whatever spices you prefer. Grill for about 7 minutes per side. Remember to keep an eye on it – we don’t want it to burn!
- Serve: Serve your watermelon steaks with your favorite side dish and some extra seasoning. Enjoy!
That’s it! When there’s a gathering, the grill isn’t just for burgers and hotdogs anymore. Put those watermelon steaks on the grill and give everyone at the party something to talk about. You won’t be disappointed!
5. The Sweet and Savory Combo: Taking Watermelon to a Whole New Level
Perhaps the most underrated flavor combination is sweet and savory. It might sound strange at first, but it’s a delicious combination that can take any dish to the next level. If you’re looking for a new and exciting way to spice up your summer menus, then consider the sweet and savory combo of watermelon!
Start off by adding a pinch of salt to your sliced watermelon. This will bring out the sweet richness of the melon and it’s a great way to add a salty, savory touch. Want to go a step further? Try incorporating ricotta cheese, prosciutto, or grilled shrimp. The salty flavors compliment the juicy sweetness of watermelon to create a unique, delicious combination. For an added kick, you can even dress it with a sprinkle of your favorite hot sauce!
- Start off by adding a pinch of salt
- Try incorporating ricotta cheese, prosciutto, or grilled shrimp
- Dress it with a sprinkle of your favorite hot sauce!
6. Dress Up Your Plate: A Watermelon Steak for Every Taste
The watermelon steak is an unrivalled dish that is perfect for any season. Its succulent, sweet flesh is enhanced with fantastically vibrant, savoury accompaniments that are sure to bring a whole new flavour dimension to your plate.
With a few simple pantry staples and some artistic flair, you can transform the watermelon steak into a real show-stopper. Upgrade your typical steak with a sweet and zesty salsa, or pile your plate high with tangy punnet raspberry salsa. For a more smokey-flavored experience, whip up a savoury compost pork rub and toss it over your steak. For a balanced bite, finish your presentation with a crunchy sprinkling of spicy seeds.
- Sweet and Zesty Salsa – Perfect for adding a tropical flavour to your watermelon steak.
- Punnet Raspberry Salsa – Tangy, fresh and bursting with flavour, this salsa is a great accompaniment to your steak.
- Savory Compost Pork Rub – Have yourself a smokey steak in no time at all.
- Spicy Seeds – Give your meal a nutritious crunch with some spicy seeds.
7. Let’s Get Grilling: Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Watermelon Steak
The Deliciously Juicy Watermelon Steak
Grilling your watermelon steak is an easy way to get a juicy and flavorful meal. Here are the essentials for the perfect watermelon steak:
- Thinly sliced watermelon steak
- Salt, pepper and your favorite seasonings
- Grill or grill pan
The key to grilling a great watermelon steak is to get the right temperature and not overcook it. You should preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Add a small amount of oil at the same time. When the grill or pan has heated up, it is time to place the watermelon steak on it. Cook each side for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the steak is lightly charred.
Once the steak is cooked through, you can season with salt, pepper, and any other BBQ seasonings you like. Let the steak cook for another minute, then enjoy the deliciousness. Grilling a watermelon steak results in a juicy and flavorful steak-like texture that will make your BBQ sessions more special.
8. Creativity in the Kitchen: Reinvented & Delicious Watermelon Recipes
Watermelon is an incredibly refreshing fruit that’s perfect for concocting delicious recipes. There are many ways to be creative with its uses in the kitchen. The following tasty dishes can spruce up your mealtime experience.
- Watermelon and Prosciutto salad – perfect for a light lunch, this combination of sweet and salty is a crowd-pleaser.
- Watermelon Salsa – make your cooling salsa unique with the addition of watermelon, blending sweet and savory. Serve with tortilla chips for a traditional experience.
- Watermelon and Feta Skewers – the perfect snack for a summer picnic, these skewers mix sweetness and zest in each bite.
- Watermelon Sorbet – sweet and slightly tart, satisfy your cravings for something cold and light.
- Watermelon Cake – luscious, creamy, and sure to be a showstopper at any party, this cake is anything but ordinary.
- Frozen Watermelon Margaritas – the ideal summer drink, mix up the classic combination of tequila and lime juice with some bonus watermelon flavor.
9. Serve It Up: The Perfect Watermelon Steak Side Dishes
Watermelon Steaks: For the Win
When it comes to summer dinners, watermelon steak is a showstopper. And when the star of the show is perfectly cooked steak, no side dish should take away from its sizzling goodness. Here are some perfect side dishes that’ll let your succulent main course shine:
- Cucumber-Feta Salad: Cool and refreshing, cucumber-feta salad is an ideal accompaniment to juicy steak. Layer thinly sliced cucumbers with crumbled feta cheese, red onions, fresh mint, and a light dressing.
- Herby Potatoes: Roast up some baby potatoes and season generously with garlic, oregano, and thyme for a delicious side that adds a depth of flavor.
- Asparagus Gratin: Roast your asparagus with a creamy gratin to offer your guests a flavorful, yet lighter side.
- Tomato and Corn Salad: Combine cooked corn with a mix of tomatoes, garlic, lemon, and herbs for a sweet and savory side.
Any of these seasonal side dishes are sure to make your watermelon steak dinner a smashing success. Pick one or two and let the flavors mingle on the plate. With the main dish taken care of and these sides dishes in tow, you can throw a steak dinner that’s truly fit for a summer night.
10. Whichever Way You Slice It: Enjoying the Tastiest of Summer Fare
We’ve all heard the saying “whatever way you slice it” and more often than not it’s a phrase that we truck out whenever we don’t fully agree with something. But don’t despair, when it comes to summertime eating, everyone can agree that whichever way you slice it, the tastes of summer are unparalleled!
Whether you’re a fan of sweet treats, savory dishes, or you simply like to sample a bit of both, there’s something on offer to suit every appetite:
- Satisfy your sweet tooth – indulge in homemade ice-creams, sorbets and frozen yogurts.
- Reach for something salty – pop a handful of grilled corn-on-the-cob and freshly-made burgers on the barbeque.
- Pick up something seasonal – how about a tangy, fruity salad loaded with asparagus, blueberries and oranges.
No matter which way you slice it, you’re sure to have an enjoyable food experience when summer comes around. So get the barbeque fired up and prepare to be tantalised with all the deliciousness the season has to offer! This elusive recipe has everyone wanting to get a taste of what they’ve been missing out on. With only a few ingredients and a change in perspective, your summer barbecue staples will never be the same again. Summer’s favorite fruit is no longer reserved for a side salad or juicy wedges– it’s time to try something new! Try your hand at the sweet and savory watermelon steak and show your friends and family just how amazing a watermelon can really be!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.