Ahhhh, nothing screams summer more than biting into a juicy watermelon. Whether it’s diced up and scooped into a bowl or cut into edible stars, watermelon is a refreshing treat on a hot summer day. But what if we told you there was another way to enjoy this summer staple? Introducing… watermelon steak! If you’re looking to shake up your picnic menu, this one-of-a-kind dish is the perfect way to slice into summer.
1. Treat Yourself to a Summer BBQ Feast with Succulent Watermelon Steaks
Summer BBQs provide the perfect opportunity for an outdoor meal with friends and family during the season. If you’re looking to give the classic BBQ a fresh twist, try out the succulent Watermelon Steaks to make your summer feast unique.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
- Cook Time: 25 minutes.
It’s a super simple recipe that’s bursting with flavor. All you need is chilled watermelon cut into inch-thick pieces, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper, and your favorite BBQ spices.
- Brush each watermelon steak with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the steaks for about 7 to 10 minutes on each side until it gets a nice char color.
- Sprinkle your favorite BBQ spices over the steaks for a delicious smoky flavor.
Serve the steaks with a cool, creamy dip and your favorite summer salad to complete the meal. Enjoy deliciously succulent flavors of summer with this memorable Watermelon Steaks BBQ feast!
2. The Door Opens to a Refreshing Sublime – Watermelon Steak Recipe
Craving something juicy, sweet, and delicious? A watermelon steak is a great way to satisfy your cravings! Combining the right proportions of crunchy, sweet watermelon chunks and salty, savory ingredients, this quickly-prepared dish makes for a truly sublime combination.
Here’s how you can make your own homemade watermelon steak:
- Ingredients: 4-5 cups of diced watermelon, ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon chunks and balsamic vinegar. Stir until watermelon is evenly coated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the honey, olive oil, and garlic powder. Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon and stir until evenly dispersed.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the watermelon steak mixture to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
An extra special touch is to sprinkle freshly-grated Parmesan cheese on top of the watermelon steak when it’s finished cooking. The saltiness of the cheese pairs perfectly with the combination of sweet and savory flavors of the dish!
3. Slice Into Summer with a Sweet & Savory Dish – Watermelon Steaks
Welcome summer with a light and bright watermelon steak! This savory dish combines lusciously sweet melon slices with a herby rub, then seared for just a few minutes to bring out the incredible flavor.
Start by prepping the watermelon. Cut it into 1” thick steaks, sprinkle generously with a combination of herbs and spices such as sesame seeds, ancho chile pepper, rosemary and garlic powder. Then they’re ready to be cooked! Here’s what you’ll need:
- A large watermelon
- Ancho chile pepper
- Garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large skillet with olive oil and place the steaks in the pan. Sear them for about 3 minutes on each side, until caramelized. Finally, remove the slices from the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
4. Conquer the Grilling Scene with a Sweet & Savoury Watermelon Steak Recipe
If you’re ready to take your grilling game to the next level, then watermelon steak is the next dish you should try! This mouth-watering combo of sweet and savoury flavours will be a hit amongst your family and friends any time of the year.
Cooking a watermelon steak is surprisingly simple. All you need is:
- One whole, medium-sized watermelon
- Your choice of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and pepper
Start by slicing your watermelon into 2-3 cm thick cylinders. Now, brush each side of the watermelon slices with olive oil and season with the smoked paprika, sugar, salt and pepper. Place your marinated steak slices onto a preheated grill. Flip them occasionally and make sure they don’t burn. The steak will be ready in 5-7 minutes. Serve the steaks with your favourite sides such as cooked potatoes and green salad.
5. Spice Up Your Summer with a Succulent Watermelon Steak Meal
Summer time is the perfect time to treat yourself and your family with a succulent and delicious meal. A watermelon steak meal is the perfect way to do just that. It’s vibrant, juicy, and the perfect balance of sweetness and savoriness.
- Start by slicing the watermelon into steaks and place it on a plate.
- For an added crunch, sprinkle some crushed walnuts or pepitas over the top.
- Then, pour some olive oil over the slices of watermelon.
- Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper, sea salt, and oregano over the watermelon steak.
To finish, heat a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat. Place the watermelon steak into the skillet and cook until the outside pieces begin to caramelize and the flavors begin to blend together- about 4-5 minutes. Serve your succulent watermelon steak with a sprinkle of fresh oregano and your favorite side dish.
6. Fire Up the Grill & Try Out this Delicious Watermelon Steak Recipe
Put Your Grill to Work
Grilling season is here, and there’s no better time than now to test out this mouth-watering Watermelon Steak recipe. It packs all the deliciousness of a steak with no sacrifice on flavor. Plus, the melon adds an extra sweetness that makes this an ideal summertime meal. Here’s how you make it:
- Slice a ripe watermelon into steak-shaped planks. Try to make them 1 to 1 ½ inches thick.
- Blend olive oil and garlic together and brush the mixture over both sides of each steak.
- Season each steak with your favorite spices and herbs. We recommend a pinch of salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Other flavoring additives could include thyme and oregano, or even a sprinkle of crushed red pepper.
- Lay the steak pieces on the grill over direct or indirect heat and let them cook until they reach a warm, golden-brown color. This should take approximately 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer onto a plate, sprinkle some feta cheese, and you’re good to go!
Time to fire up the grill and give this delicious watermelon steak recipe a try. Your taste buds won’t forget this unique flavor and you’ll have a newfound favorite for your summertime culinary needs. Bon Appétit!
7. Cool Down & Celebrate the Heat of Summer with a Watermelon Steak
Summer can be hot, especially in places where temperatures reach scorching high temperatures. But with a little ingenuity and preparation, you can enliven your celebrations with something both cool and delicious.
Watermelon Steaks are a creative way to beat the heat and enjoy a delicious summer dish. This dish is surprisingly simple but full of flavor! All you need to make the steak is some fresh watermelon, some olive oil, and some lemon juice. Cut the watermelon into thick slices and brush them with a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice. Then, place them on a hot skillet and fry them for about three minutes until both sides have nice golden-brown grill marks. Serve the steaks with some fresh mint leaves, feta and honey. The sweet flavor of the watermelon combined with the savory combination of the olive and feta makes for a truly unique and flavorful experience.
- One fresh watermelon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Fresh mint leaves
8. Make Even Meat Eaters Jealous with this Epic Watermelon Steaks Idea
If you’ve never thought about grilling watermelon, it’s time to add this idea to your summer menu! Watermelon Steaks are juicy, flavorful and surprisingly easy to make. Plus, they’re a great way to add a vegan option to any outdoor meal. With these tips, even the most dedicated meat eaters will be impressed, and add watermelon steaks to their list of to-grill dishes.
- Choose a firm, ripe watermelon. Look for symmetricalshape and a dull, green hue.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the watermelon into steaks. They will look similar to traditional beef steaks.
- Oil the grill grates and heat it up to medium-high. Gently place the watermelon steaks on the hot grill.
- Grill for about two minutes per side. Keep an eye on them, so the fruit doesn’t burn.
- Serve these steaks with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of salt, or your favorite spicy summer marinade.
Watermelon Steaks are an unexpected burst of flavor and a great way to feel fancy at your next BBQ. Everyone will be delighted and asking for more!
9. Summer BBQs Don’t Have to Be Boring – Spruce Up Your Menu With a Watermelon Steak Surprise
Summer BBQs are the highlight of the season, but sometimes they can feel stale and boring. Spice up your summer BBQs with a delicious surprise – a watermelon steak!
Let’s face it, grilling roasts and hamburgers is so yesterday. Give your BBQ menu a modern twist with juicy watermelon steak. Here’s how to make it:
- Cut a chilled watermelon into 1 ½ inch thick slices.
- Sear each slice in a hot skillet for 3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
Not only is it healthy and delicious, it adds a unique twist to the classic summer menu – and people will be talking about it afterwards! Serve the watermelon steak with potatoes and grilled veggies, and your summer BBQ will never be boring again!
10. Descend Into Mouth Watering Heaven – Let Watermelon Steaks Rule Your Summer!
Summer is here, and that means it is time to get your mouth ready for some mouthwatering delectables. Don’t let the traditional burgers and hotdogs take precedence. Take the plunge into a whole new kind of summer experience with watermelon steaks.
- Healthy and Delicious: Watermelon steaks are surprisingly flavorful and very low in calories, making them the perfect summer treat.
- A Different Kind of Grill: There’s no need to turn on your gas powered grill, fire up the charcoal, or even use a foreman grill when making watermelon steaks. Just slice, spice, and enjoy.
- Define Your Own Stlye: Get creative with your watermelon steaks. You can pick your favorite seasonings or create your own rub – the possibilities are endless!
Go against the grain and elevate your summer grilling experience with a juicy watermelon steak. Don’t settle for ordinary, instead let watermelon steaks rule your summer and make every BBQ something to remember.
Summer offers many special treats but few can compare to the mixture of sweet, juicy and savory found in watermelon steak. Juicy slices of watermelon, seasoned and grilled to perfection, offer an unforgettable freshness that is sure to make your next summer gathering a hit. Whether you serve it as a main dish or a side dish, you can bet that Slice Into Summer with Watermelon Steak will be a memorable way to enjoy the summertime.
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.