Welcome to Slice and Grille, where juicy watermelon steaks are our signature dish! One bite of these tender slices of summer’s favorite fruit, and you’ll know why we’re world famous. Our secret recipe will tantalize your taste buds with a combination of fresh, ripe watermelons and spices that will make your mouth water. So come on in and let us serve up an unforgettable meal that’s sure to leave you craving more!
1. Summer Cooking: Watermelon Steaks from Slice and Grille
Summer may be known for patios and barbequed burgers, but why not switch up the classics and add a unique twist to your summer cooking? Watermelon steaks from Slice and Grille are the perfect mix of sweet and salty, plus the presentation will make everyone smile. Here’s what you need to know:
First, pick a ripe watermelon. The scent should be sweet and the flesh should give way easily to your fingers when pressed. Once you have the melon in the kitchen, slice it into 8 thick slices, creating watermelon “steaks”. Marinate each steak in a mixture of:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Leave the steaks to absorb the flavour in the fridge for an hour and then heat a griddle pan on the stove to medium-high heat. Place the watermelon steaks on the griddle, flipping after 1-2 minutes of grilling on each side. While they cook, get creative and top with walnuts, honey, or feta cheese. You can even add a squeeze of lemon juice for a sensational burst of citrus!
2. A Different Take on the Traditional Steak Dinner
Eyeing to have a completely different dining experience? Take the traditional steak dinner up a notch by preparing steak tacos with homemade salsa! It’s filling, juicy, and aromatic. The steak tacos pack a mouth-watering punch of flavors that will be sure to impress even the pickiest of eaters.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Beef Steak
- Taco shells
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped sweet peppers
- Tomato sauce
- Lime juice
- Ground cumin
- Olive oil
Start by marinating the steak with the tomato sauce, garlic, cilantro, and cumin, before grilling it to your desired preference. Meanwhile, prepare the salsa by mixing the red onion, tomatoes, sweet peppers, avocado, lime juice, Olive oil and a pinch of salt together. Lay out the taco shells and fill it with your perfectly-cooked steak and salsa. Dig in and relish this uniquely flavorful steak dinner!
3. Slice and Grille’s Innovative Recipe for Grilled Watermelon
Grilled watermelon takes a classic summer dish to a whole new level. Our recipe for this innovative dish is surprisingly simple and delicious. This dish is perfect for summer barbecues, potlucks, and picnics.
- Ingredients: Fresh watermelon, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, lemon juice.
- Instructions: Cut the watermelon into 1-2 inch thick slices, brush both sides of the slices with olive oil until completely covered. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of each slice. Grill the watermelon slices on each side for 2-3 minutes, until it becomes lightly charred. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on the slices for added flavor.
The end result is a truly unique dish that captures the deliciousness of summer. The char from the grill brings out even more sweetness from the melon, while the lemon juice adds a tartness and sharpness that amplifies the flavor. Enjoy it as an appetizer or a refreshing side dish.
4. Swapping Traditional Cuts of Beef for Watermelon Slices
With summer approaching, you may be looking for a great way to beat the heat and still satisfy your appetite. Consider . Not only is it a fun way to savor a tasty treat, but it is also a healthier option for your summer barbecue.
The following are some tips for prepping and serving succulent watermelon slices:
- Cut the watermelon into thick slices. Aim for ¾-inch thick slices; this will help ensure the slices don’t lose their juice while grilling.
- Brush them with olive oil. This will help prevent the melon from sticking to the grill.
- Grill the slices. Place the slices on the preheated grill for about 2 minutes per side, or until the melon starts to caramelize and become tender.
- Remove from the heat. Carefully remove the slices from the grill and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Once grilled, top the slices with your favorite salad topping, herbs and spices, or with fresh sliced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. So go ahead, change up your summer barbecue routine and incorporate more watermelon slices.
5. Gaining Popularity: Slice and Grille’s Watermelon Steak Craze
The humble slice of watermelon has been a summertime favorite for generations. But have you ever tried it in the form of a steak? Slice and Grille, the popular downtown eatery, has been introducing this novel yet delightful dish to its patrons, and it has quickly caught on in popularity.
The watermelon steak is a vegetarian alternative to the steakhouse classic, but it doesn’t skimp on flavor. Every order comes with a generous slice of watermelon that has been grilled to perfection, topped with a homemade seasoning rub. The sweet, smoky flavor that it imparts is simply heavenly. And for those with a hankering for something a little more substantial, the steak can be paired with fresh grilled vegetables for a complete meal.
- Sliced fresh for every order
- Grilled and seasoned to perfection
- Rich, smoky flavor unlike anything else
- Vegetarian-friendly alternative to steak
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to explore something new and exciting, the watermelon steak at Slice and Grille has become a must-try. It’s been gaining a cult following of loyal fans, and one bite will surely show you why.
6. Preparing the Watermelon for the Grill: Selecting the Best Slice
Grilling watermelon might not seem like a difficult task, but if you want to make sure you get the best result every time, there are a few things to keep in mind when selecting a watermelon slice to grill. Here’s how to choose the ideal watermelon:
- Pick a watermelon that’s firm and heavy for its size – the ripe ones should feel heavy for their size and have a dull thud when you knock on them.
- Check the surface for any deep indentations that might make it difficult to cut and pick a watermelon as blemish-free as possible.
- Go for a watermelon with an even yellowish hue to the rind – this is an indication of ripeness.
- Avoid watermelons with patches of white on the rind, as this can signify that the watermelon is not ripe enough.
By examining the texture and color of the rind, you can choose the perfect watermelon to put on the grill every time.
7. All About the Sauce: Delicious Toppings and Marinades
Get Saucy! We all know food never tastes complete without some sauce, so why not give your dish an added burst of flavor with these delicious options? Combining elements from different flavors can often turn a simple dinner into something extraordinary.
The choices for topping and marinading are vast, and the combinations are seemingly endless. From hot spicy sauces to classic meat marinades, there’s something for everyone. Here are some of our favorite sauces and marinades to get your creative juices flowing:
- Honey Mustard
- Taco/Fajita Blend
- Garlic Butter
These are just some of the many options for topping or marinading your meal. Whether you are in the mood for something hot and spicy, or sweet and tangy – you can have your meal your way with a variety of sauces. Take a risk and impress your taste buds by trying out some of these flavor profiles on your next meal.
8. Cooking with Fire: Grilling the Watermelon Steaks
Watermelon is a seemingly unlikely candidate for a savory steak, but with this recipe we can guarantee delicious results. The secret ingredient? Popular kitchen staple garlic powder! Rub the melon steaks with garlic powder and olive oil for a savory kick. Allow the steaks time to marinate to ensure the flavors come through.
When the fire is ready, place the watermelon steaks on the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping once in between. When done, the melon steaks should be golden and softened. Serve with colorful shredded vegetables for a plant-based summer treat.
9. Making it Great: What to Serve Alongside Watermelon Steaks
Grilling up watermelon steaks is a great way to make any summer gathering memorable. But for an even more complete experience, it’s important to choose the right accompaniments. Here are some delicious items to pair with your watermelon steak dish:
- Starch: Try couscous, roasted potatoes, or rice.
- Vegetable: Barbecued corn, grilled asparagus, or green bean salad are all delicious options.
- Salad: A bright and zesty beet-quinoa salad hits all the right notes.
You can also experiment with unique sauces and marinades to enhance the flavour of the steaks. Ideas include freshly blended pesto, cinnamon-apple glaze, and a classic basil aioli. With all these tasty possibilities, you’re sure to make your watermelon steaks a hit at your next gathering!
10. Plant-Based Summer Feasting: Enjoying Watermelon Steaks from Slice and Grille
This summer, satisfy your appetite with a twist to one of your favorite summer fruits–watermelon. At Slice and Grille, we offer up a unique dish that is sure to tantalize your taste buds–watermelon steaks.
These perfect watermelon steaks come seasoned with herbs and spices, such as oregano, basil, garlic, and rosemary, to give that extra flavor that will make your mouth water. With a texture similar to beef steak, it is possible to get all the pizzazz of a steak dinner without the animal products! Serve these delicious steaks with a side of potatoes, grilled vegetables, or salad.
The best part of these watermelon steaks is they are easy to make. All you have to do is:
- Cut the watermelon into 1.5 inch thick steaks.
- Season the steaks with the herbs and spices.
- Grill the steaks for a few minutes and enjoy!
Satisfaction guaranteed, these watermelon steaks from Slice and Grille are sure to make you the star of the summer show! That’s it for Slice and Grille: Watermelon Steaks! If you’re feeling adventurous, give it a try — you just might discover a delicious new way to enjoy a summer favorite. And remember: always grille with caution!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.