Summer is here and it’s time to get creative in the kitchen! What better way to beat the heat than with a delicious and refreshing watermelon steak? Made with juicy-sweet watermelon, savoury herbs, and spices, this sizzling summer treat is perfect for a cookout or a sunny picnic! Get ready to fire up the grills and give your taste buds a treat with this delectable summer delicacy.
1. Strikingly Tempting – Watermelon Steaks for a Sizzling Summer Treat
When it comes to culinary marvels, watermelon might not be the first thing that comes to mind. Rich, succulent and oh-so-brimming with flavor, watermelon steaks make the perfect summer treat.
From slicing it into thick, juicy slabs and grilling it to perfection to topping it with decadent ingredients, the possibilities are endless! Accompanied by a light sprinkle of lemon juice or drizzled with a creamy honey-lime glaze, these steaks will be strikingly tempting every time. Here are a few of the ways you can serve this delicious dish:
- Top it with a sprinkle of feta cheese or crumbly blue cheese, slices of cucumber and fresh, juicy tomatoes
- Spread savory guacamole on top for a Mexican twist
- Throw some herbs into the mix and whip up a fragrant herb butter
- Mix cooked quinoa with vegetables and top the steak with it
Whether you’re hosting a BBQ or just looking to create something special, watermelon steaks are sure to make for a sizzling summer treat.
2. Beat the Heat with Refreshing Watermelon Steaks
It’s summer, and it’s hot! To beat the heatwave why not try something different. Watermelon steak is the perfect solution!
Everyone knows the classic summer snack — refreshing, juicy watermelon slices that cool us off on hot, balmy days. But why not try something a bit more adventurous? Watermelon steak is an easy recipe that can give your summer routine a delicious makeover.
- Cube up some watermelon in slices, about an inch thick.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and, when it’s hot, add the watermelon steaks.
- Grill the steaks for about 5 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
- Once both sides of the steak are golden brown, take them off the heat.
These watermelon steaks make for a delicious summer snack, side dish or a surprise main course! Add a sprinkle of salt and chili flakes, a drizzle of lime juice or a dollop of your favorite salsa. Serve these savory watermelon steaks with any of your staple summer dishes or create an entirely new dish. You can also mix them up with other fruits and vegetables to create something totally unique and absolutely delicious.
3. Savor the Sweet-Tart Flavor of Watermelon Steaks this Summer
Summer is the season for any and all watermelon cravings, and with so many ways to create delicious recipes, it can be easy to think outside the box. Consider some sweet and savory watermelon steaks as your next dish. All you need are a few ingredients and you can have an unforgettable main course.
To begin, cut a watermelon into thick steaks. Depending on the size of the watermelon, these can range from one-to-two inches in thickness. Generously sprinkle on some sea salt, black pepper, and herbes de Provence for a savory tang that pairs well with the watermelon’s signature flavor. Spice it up with some chili powder, garlic powder, and paprika for a nice kick. To bring out the sweetness of the fruit, drizzle some honey over the steaks before you pop them into the oven.
Preheat the oven to 400°F and heat the steaks for 10-15 minutes. Drizzle on some olive oil and fresh basil once they have cooked through, then serve with a light side salad or some grilled vegetables to complete the dish. Enjoy!
4. Get Set for Summer with Watermelon Steaks
This summer, enjoy the refreshing and thirst-quenching goodness of watermelon steaks! Following these simple steps, you’ll have juicy, delectable watermelon steak in no time.
- Slice: Cut the watermelon into 1 inch (2.5 cm) slices.
- Prepare Grill: Pre-heat an outdoor or in-door grill.
- Grill: Place slices on the heated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear.
The delicious watermelon steaks are ready to be served! The sweet, savory taste of grilled watermelon steak is delicious paired with a crunchy side salad. Drizzle with a pinch of lime juice and top with mint leaves for added flavor. The summer just got so much tastier!
5. Surprise Your Taste Buds with Watermelon Steaks
How to Make Watermelon Steaks
Summer is in full swing and that means you can find ripe and juicy watermelons ready to eat in many grocery stores. But did you know you can re-imagine them as steak? Step up your summer BBQ game with these delicious watermelon steaks that are sure to surprise everyone’s taste buds.
- Cut a watermelon slice about one inch thick. Cut the core of the watermelon out.
- Score the flesh of the watermelon in a crisscross pattern on one side.
- Heat up a grill or griddle pan to medium-high.
- Brush both sides of the watermelon with oil and season with your favorite seasoning.
- Place the watermelon onto the pre-heated griddle or grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
This simple cooking method will result in juicy and flavourful watermelon steak. Serve as a flavourful side or as the star of the show. Top with yoghurt, feta or your favorite cheese for a savoury twist, or perhaps whip up some caramelised onions for an additional layer of sweetness. Experiment with unique flavors, herbs, and spices and have fun creating your own special watermelon steak recipe.
6. Cool Down with the Fruity-Savory Delight of Watermelon Steaks
Watermelon Steaks are the Ideal Summer Cool-Down
The summertime heat can leave us feeling parched and overheated. If you’re in need of a cool-down, reach for a watermelon steak. This delicious, fruity-savory dish is the perfect way to beat the heat. Grill up these juicy watermelon steaks and watch them blush with a delectable char. With a drizzle of sweet honey and a sprinkle of sea salt, you’ll have your own fruity-savory delight.
Accompany your steaks with a hummus spread and feta cheese. Enjoy bell pepper slices and fresh basil with it for a healthy veggie contribution. A touch of tahini makes it even more special. Get your toes in the sand and your tongue in this tasty salad for a perfect summer meal.
- 1 large seedless watermelon cut into lightly 1.5–2-inch steaks
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- Fresh basil leaves, to taste
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- Feta cheese, to taste
- Tahini, to taste
- Hummus spread, to taste
7. Fire Up the Grill for Watermelon Steaks
It’s that time of the year, summer is upon us and everyone is looking for ways to cool off in the blazing sun. What better way than to fire up the grill and enjoy some delicious Watermelon Steaks?
This surprisingly meaty treat is easy to make and a great way to take advantage of summer’s abundance of watermelon. Here’s what you need:
- 1-2 medium-sized watermelons, cut into slices 1-inch thick
- Sea Salt
- Olive oil
After prepping the watermelon slices, put them on the grill over medium heat for about 10 minutes and then turn them over. Grill for another 5-10 minutes until the slices look slightly charred and the edges are crisp. Taking the watermelon off of the grill, lightly sprinkle the slices with sea salt and olive oil.
Now you’re ready to enjoy! Watermelon steak is the perfect side dish to any summer barbecue. They add a unique touch of sweetness and texture that is sure to have your friends and family coming back for more.
8. Spice Up Your Summer with Watermelon Steaks
Summer is the perfect time to be outdoors and enjoy something sweet. Watermelon is an excellent fruit for a hot summer day, but why not add a little twist to it? Our watermelon steaks recipe will bring a refreshing and fruity flavor to your summer BBQs!
This treat is simple and straightforward to make. To start, you’ll need one large ripe watermelon:
- Slice the watermelon into one-inch steaks.
- Brush the steaks lightly with olive oil.
- Season each with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Now you’re ready to cook! Place the steaks onto a hot grill, flipping them every few minutes until they have a nice sear on both sides. The sweetness of the watermelon will caramelize and form a crunchy outer layer. Serve your watermelon steaks with a side of greens tossed in vinaigrette, for a complete meal!
9. Refresh Your Palate with Delicious Watermelon Steaks
Watermelon steaks offer a delicious fresh flavor that can help to revive your taste buds! Aside from being incredibly tasty, these sweet and succulent steaks are incredibly easy to prepare. All you need are a few basic ingredients to have your steaks ready for grilling.
- 1 watermelon – pick a large, ripe watermelon
- 1 lime – freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
To begin, cut your watermelon into evenly shaped slices of steaks, roughly 4-5 inches thick each. Place the steaks on a large baking tray. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, honey, lime juice and chili powder, then pour over the steaks. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Once marinated, heat up your grill, then place the steaks onto the hot grates. Grill for around 8 minutes each side, or until the steaks are nicely seared. Once ready, serve with a squeeze of lime and your favorite side. Enjoy!
10. Choose Your Grill and Get Ready to Enjoy Watermelon Steaks this Summer
It’s finally time to fire up the grill and sink your teeth into a juicy slice of watermelon steak. Whether you have a small backyard barbecue or a larger outdoor kitchen, there is a perfect grill option for your summer steak-cooking needs. Here are 10 of the best grills available:
- Weber Spirit II E-310 Gas Grill
- Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Gas Grill
- Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill
- Weber Summit S-670 Stainless Steel Gas Grill
- Napoleon Grills Rogue R425 Propane Gas Grill
- Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared Stainless Steel Gas Grill
- George Foreman GP200R Indoor/Outdoor Grill
- Pit Boss Grills 71700FB Pellet Grill
- Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Propane Tabletop Grill
- Traeger Pro Series 22 Wood Pellet Grill
No matter which type of grill you choose, you’re sure to enjoy a delicious and flavorful summer feast. With the right equipment and a few simple ingredients, you’ll be cooking up amazing watermelon steaks in no time.
When all the barbeque flames have cooled and the summer season is coming to an end, make sure to whip up some delicious watermelon steaks for one last outdoor party. You won’t regret it – after all, what could be better than a refreshing snack in the warm sunshine? So, fire up the grill, invite your friends and family, and get ready to enjoy a sizzling summer treat!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.