As the summer heat reaches its peak, the cravings for that bodaciously ripe and refreshing bite of watermelon are inevitable. There’s nothing quite like the taste of juicy watermelon; the sweetness is unmatched. But if you’re looking to take your watermelon game to the next level, why not indulge in a watermelon steak? Yes you read that right – a steak made out of watermelon! Sweet and savory, watermelon steak is the perfect dish to beat the summer heat!
1. Introducing the Deliciousness of the Watermelon Steak!
Summer is just around the corner, and with it the chance to try some unique and delicious meals. The Watermelon Steak is a unique recipe that will make your taste buds sing. If you’re looking to shake up your summer meal prep, you need to give this one a try.
Here’s why it’s amazing:
- Freshness: Nothing beats that freshness of a watermelon slice served up just for you.
- Zesty: It’s the perfect combination of sweet and spicy with a hint of citrus.
- Healthy: Packed with vitamins and antioxidants, this steak is a great healthy alternative to your standard fare.
Get creative with the Watermelon Steak! Arugula, feta cheese, pine nuts and a tangy balsamic dressing make for an easy, scrumptious summer salad. Top off your steak with a tomato salsa, or go sweet with a drizzle of warm honey. The possibilities are endless.
Take your taste buds on an adventure this summer and introduce them to the deliciousness of the Watermelon Steak!
2. Beyond the Burger: A Unique Summer BBQ Option
Gone are the days of simply slapping a few burgers and hot dogs on the grill for a summer BBQ. Get creative this summer and wow your guests with something special!
- Barbecue Salads – Why not switch up your traditional, meat-centric barbecue with something fresh and light? Try something like Grilled Summer Squash Salad with Mango Vinaigrette or a Grilled Peach Salad with Pecans and Crumbled Feta.
- Barbecue Ribs – Set yourself apart from the rest with the ultimate summer treat – sweet and smoky BBQ ribs! Tangy BBQ sauce and your favorite spice blend are sure to leave a lasting taste in your guests’ mouths.
Give your BBQ a unique twist with some of these delicious and easy-to-make dishes. Load up your summer table with homemade salsa, corn on the cob, and creative side dishes to really spice up your plate.
3. Let’s Grill Up Some Watermelon Steak
Watermelon is a delicious summer fruit, when cooked and served it can be even more delicious! Unbelievably, watermelon steak is a tasty alternative to meat that features the juicy watermelon in a savory and slightly sweet glaze. Here are some tips for grilling the perfect watermelon steak:
- Choose the Right Watermelon: Look for a bright red and fragrant melon that’s firm, heavy, and free from bruises or cuts.
- Prepare the Steak: Cut the watermelon into 3/4 inch thick steaks. Season the steaks with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and a dash of your favorite dry rub. Flip the steaks over and repeat the seasoning on the other side.
Finally, it’s time to grill the steaks! Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Grease the grates lightly with oil and place the watermelon steak on the heat. Grill each of the steaks for 3-5 minutes on each side until they’re lightly charred. Plate up your steak and serve with some grilled veggies or your favorite side dish. Enjoy the unique flavor of watermelon steak!
4. The Alluring Aromas and Sizzling Sounds of Summertime Cooking
The aroma of freshly grilled steaks wafting through the air on a hazy summer day, the sizzling of burgers on the grill – for many, these are the ultimate sounds of summer. And how can you resist that unbeatable combination of the fragrant smells and crackling noises of summertime cooking? Just step out of your house in the evening, and you know summer is here.
Summer brings its own unique tastes, and they can’t be compared to anything else. From the sweet and smoky smell of barbecued ribs to the fragrant aromas of freshly baked pies, summer cooking provides delight for both the eyes and the taste buds. And what can be more satisfying than stepping out to the garden while dinner is being cooked to cook, and savoring the mouthwatering smells and tenderness of a delicious meal coming from the grill?
- Grilled Steaks: from T-bone to sirloin cut, these are not only delicious but oh-so-aromatic!
- Barbecued Ribs: the combination of smoky and sweet can’t be beaten!
- Freshly Baked Pies: nothing compares to the smell of a freshly baked pie!
5. Preparing the Perfect Watermelon Steak: Start to Finish
Lets get chopping! Season the watermelon steak with some paprika, oregano and a pinch of salt for that extra zing. Now let’s get it prepped for the grill. Make sure you oil the steak, so it will be nice and juicy. Heat your grill and turn it up to medium heat. Place the steak onto the hot grill and cook each side for 4-8 minutes until there are nice grill marks.
And there you have it – a Perfect Watermelon Steak. But wait, there’s more! Serve up your steak with some leafy greens, grilled vegetables, and some balsamic vinegar. Finish it off with some freshly cracked pepper and you are in for a delicious summer treat. Now bring it to your outdoor party and wow your guests with this unique and flavourful dish.
6. From Farm to Plate: Why Watermelon Steak is Good for You
Not many know about watermelon steak, but the unique dish is a huge boon to health-conscious eaters. As shown through nutrient data analysis, a single slice of watermelon steak is packed with nutrients.
- Vitamins – Watermelon steak is particularly rich in vitamins A, B6 and C. Vitamin A is essential for vision and skin health, while B6 and C boost brain and cardiovascular health respectively.
- Fiber – Just one slice of watermelon steak contains four grams of dietary fiber. The fiber content in watermelon steak helps to keep blood sugar levels stable, reduces cholesterol levels and aid in digestion.
- Caffeic Acid – It has been found that caffeic acid, a natural antioxidant found in watermelon steak, is beneficial against cancer and cardiovascular disease. Watermelon steak is also high in other antioxidants such as lycopene and beta-carotene. These help protect cells and play a role in slowing down the aging process.
- Minerals – Watermelon steak is a good source of minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. Copper, zinc, and selenium are also present in smaller amounts.
- Low in Calories & Fat – Watermelon steak is very low in calories and fat, making it an ideal choice for those trying to manage their weight.
Whether it is at a barbecue or as part of a summer salad, watermelon steak can be a delicious and healthy addition to your diet. Its many benefits make it a great way to enjoy the summer and stay healthy.
 The Spruce Eats
7. Seasoning and Marinating Techniques for Delicious Results
Flavor is King
Seasoning and marinating are techniques you can use to infuse food with flavor. Whether you are grilling the perfect steak, roasting a juicy chicken, or preparing a mouthwatering stir fry, seasonings and marinades can transform your favorite dishes and make them out of this world delicious. Here are some tips to get you started.
Shaking on the Flavor
Using dry seasonings on your proteins and vegetables can add complexity and depth of flavor. Before cooking, try rubbing your ingredients with your favorite herbs and spices. This helps them form a flavorful crust while they cook. Try experimenting with different combinations of herbs and spices, or try a ready-made seasoning blend.
Marinating is a great way to add bold and zesty flavor to your ingredients. Start with a simple marinade formula of a balanced combination of oil, acid and seasonings. Mix it together and pour it over the protein or vegetables you’re about to cook. Leave to marinate for a minimum of 15 minutes and up to 24 hours depending on the ingredients.
For maximum flavor, some of the main ingredients you’ll need in your marinade include:
- A fragrant oil like olive, avocado, or toasted sesame
- A flavorful acid like balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, or tamari
- Seasonings like garlic, ginger, smoked paprika, and fresh herbs
8. Add Some Zest to Your Summer BBQ with Watermelon Steak
Summer BBQs are full of traditional favorites, burgers, hot dogs and kabobs, but if you want to upgrade the usual grill fare this season, try out the incredibly unique, watermelon steak. This delectable dish takes the sweetness of fresh watermelon and pairs it with some exotic flavors for a one of a kind experience.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 watermelon, sliced into 2″ thick wedges
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Ground cumin
- Ground ginger
Begin by brushing the slices of watermelon with some olive oil, and then season with salt, pepper, cumin, ginger and garlic. Now, heat up a grill and when it’s ready cook the wedges on each side until they’ve developed a nice char. Serve these amazing steaks with a side of grilled vegetables and your favorite condiments, and you’ve got an incredibly unique meal that’s sure to wow your friends and family.
9. Embrace the Trend: Watermelon Steak for Your Next Cookout
Summer is a great time for backyard get-togethers and cookouts, and this year, why not switch it up with a unique grilling dish? Watermelon steak is a rising star in barbecue culture, and for good reason. Not only does it look impressive, it’s an unexpected twist to the classic flavor of a summer cookout. Here are the reasons your next cookout should feature this juicy, savory delight.
- Healthy Alternative: Watermelon steak is a great choice for anyone looking for healthier options. A 3-ounce serving of watermelon has only 30 calories, so you can indulge without the guilt!
- Colorful: Watermelon steak stands out from the other dishes in its presentation. It’s a vibrant, eye-catching food that’s sure to please any grill-master.
Cooking watermelon steak is easier than you might think. Start by cutting a ripe watermelon into steak-like slices, season them up with your favorite spices, and then simply throw them on the grill. In just a few minutes your watermelon steak is ready to eat!
10. Celebrate the Season by Indulging in Watermelon Steak
One of summer’s best gifts to us is the abundance of delicious watermelon harvested each year. What better way to celebrate the season than savoring a juicy, flavorful dish of watermelon steak? Here’s how to make this unique dish that is sure to please:
- Step 1: Select a watermelon that is ripe, juicy and sweet. Remember that the larger and juicier the fruit, the more tender, flavorful steak you will have.
- Step 2: Slice the watermelon into thick steak-like slices, about one inch thick.
- Step 3: Drizzle each steak with olive oil, lime juice, and a sprinkle of salt, chili powder, and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Step 4: Grill the steaks over medium-high heat on an outdoor grill or stove-top grill. Depending on the heat of the grill, each side should take no more than five minutes to cook.
- Step 5: Serve the steaks over a bed of butter-lettuce greens, topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt, some lettuce leaves, and crumbled feta cheese. Enjoy!
This unique dish is perfect for any outdoor gathering as it can be made ahead of time and served up warm or cold. Not to mention it’s healthy and packed with nutrients, making it one of the most delicious and nutritious ways to celebrate the season!
We hope this article has inspired you to try this unique twist on steak for a sizzling summer treat. Whether it’s a show-stopping entrée for a special occasion or a simple summer meal to share with family, the watermelon steak is guaranteed to hit the spot!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.