The sweet, juicy taste of watermelon can be the highlight of any summer gathering—but what if it could be even more? This summer, take your watermelon game up a notch by trying out delicious watermelon steak. With the right spices and method, you can create a juicy, flavorful version of a classic steak dish that your guests will be talking about long past the end of the night.
1. Enjoy Summer’s Favorite Fruit as an Unexpected Main Course
What could be better than turning a seasonal favorite into an unexpected main course? Watermelon is one of summer’s most iconic fruits, from freshly cut wedges to agua frescas and tasty desserts. But as a main course, it can elevate your dinner from a typical BBQ to an eye-catching, delicious meal. Here are some creative ways of using watermelon to take your dinner to the next level:
- If you’re hosting a dinner party, impress with a Watermelon Salad Stuffed with Feta, Olives, and Mint Leaves
- Grilled Watermelon studded with feta, tomatoes, and olives makes a delectable side dish or even a main course
- Mashup Mediterranean and Mexican flavors by making a Refreshing Watermelon & Feta Quesadilla
- Surprise your family and friends with a taco night using Watermelon Carpaccio as the filling
By putting a spin on regular watermelon recipes and incorporating your favorite flavors into the mix, you’ll be sure to make a unique, delicious dinner. So slice up some watermelon and experiment with it as a main course to create a memorable summer evening with friends and family!
2. Startle & Delight: Make Watermelon Steak Tonight
Making steak out of watermelon? Sure, why not! This delicious and surprisingly tender recipe is sure to surprise and delight anyone who taste it. The juicy sweetness of watermelon combined with the generous marinating gives a unique addition to your menu.
- Step 1: Select a ripe watermelon without any bruises.
- Step 2: Cut the watermelon about 2 cm thick.
- Step 3: Marinate the watermelon in olive oil, chili flakes, garlic powder, pepper, and salt for at least 30 minutes.
- Step 4: Heat a griddle pan until it is smoking hot.
On the hot griddle pan, lightly sear the watermelon steak on both sides for 2 minutes. Serve it hot with a dusting of chili flakes or as a side dish to your favorite meal. Enjoy the delightful combination of sweet and tangy flavors and be sure to share it with friends and family for a truly captivating experience!
3. How to Select the Perfect Watermelon for Steak
If the perfect watermelon for steak exist, its selection process is an in-depth one. Here are the key criteria that can help ensure you find the best quality melon.
Color – Look out for a watermelon with an even, bright and dotted surface. The dots mean that the melon is ripe. It should have a deep, dark green color as opposed to a yellow or light green shade. Avoid melons with any bruises, blank spots, soft spots, or dents.
- Size – The bigger the watermelon, the more juice and flavor it will have. To determine if the size meets your needs, lift the melon and gauge its weight. It should have a substantial heft for its size.
- Shape – Pick a round or oval-shaped melon. Steer clear from melons shaped like rectangles.
- Thump – A ripe melon will make a deep hollow sound when thumped.
4. The Easiest Recipe for Tender & Juicy Watermelon Steak
The sweet, juicy flavor of watermelon makes it a great choice for a steak-like meal. With a few simple steps, you can enjoy a flavorful and tender Watermelon Steak. Here’s how:
- Prep: Cut a watermelon lengthwise into 8 slices. Be sure to cut off the rind of each slice.
- Marinate: Generously coat each side of the slices with your favorite marinade. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Fry: Heat a pan with a very light coating of oil and fry each slice for 1-2 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Enjoy: Serve the slices warm with your favorite sides and sauce — such as feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette. Delicious!
This easy-to-follow recipe results in a delicious meal that’s healthy and flavorful. The marinade will add zesty flavor to the Watermelon Steak, and you’ll enjoy its tender, juicy texture. The perfect meal for summer days — or any time of year!
5. Types of Sauce that Transform Watermelon Steak into a Memorable Meal
Watermelon steak is a unique and tasty summer meal – but adding the perfect sauce can make it something truly special. Below are five sauces, from a classic marinade to an unexpected Vietnamese-style sweet and spicy glaze, to transform your watermelon steak into a memorable meal.
Marinade:The classic marinade is a crowd pleaser and always a great addition to any steak. With ingredients like Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and brown sugar, it creates a nice balance of sweet and sour flavors. Simply mix it together, let your steak sit in the marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes, and enjoy!
- Worcestershire sauce
- Brown sugar
- Olive oil
Maple-Sesame Glaze:This delightful blend of maple and sesame flavors is surprisingly versatile, making it the perfect match for lightly seared watermelon steak. For a perfectly cooked steak, baste often with the glaze and cook until the internal temperature reaches 140-145°F.
- Maple syrup
- Toasted sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- Ground ginger
6. Unexpected Ingredients to Enhance your Watermelon Steak
The Watermelon Steak is the perfect summer treat. It’s made with juicy and fresh watermelon, which is combined with various seasonings and sauces. But to really take your watermelon steak to the next level, consider adding some interesting and unexpected ingredients.
For an exciting savory taste, try adding a touch of garlic or onion powder. You can also add some freshly grated ginger or even a teaspoon of smoked paprika for a smoky dimension. To make your steak tangy, you can add a squeeze of lime juice or a splash of Worcestershire sauce. For a more exotic flavor, try adding some chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon.
You can also add some sweet ingredients to the mix. A sprinkle of brown sugar brings out the natural sweetness of the watermelon. You can also add a dollop of honey or some freshly diced mangoes for a hint of sweetness. For nutty notes, consider adding some chopped pistachios or walnuts.
Adding unexpected ingredients to your watermelon steak will make it a standout dish. You can customize your dish to your own personal taste preferences by experimenting with various seasonings and ingredients.
7. Tips for Incorporating Watermelon Steak Into Your Next BBQ
Watermelon steak is a healthy and delicious way to add something special to your next BBQ. It has all of the same benefits of regular steak, but with way more flavor and pizzazz! Here are seven tips to help you create a magnificent watermelon steak BBQ.
- Marinate it! Marinate your watermelon steak in a tangy, flavorful sauce for an hour or more. This will bring out the flavors and give your steak an extra punch.
- Season it up. Sprinkle herbs, spices, and garlic powder on your watermelon steak for an even richer flavor. A few splashes of hot sauce never hurt either!
- Grill it up! Grill your watermelon steak on medium heat for about four minutes per side. This will give it that perfect charred taste without overdoing it.
Watermelon steak is not just for eating on its own, it pairs really well with other items on the BBQ. Slice your watermelon steak into cubes and serve it on a kebab with veggies, or make a tasty watermelon steak salad. Whatever you do with it, you’ll be sure to impress your guests!
8. Spice up the Summer With Bold & Bright Watermelon Steak
Starting your summer barbeque with an unexpected treat is a great way to bring a unique twist to your summertime cuisine. The Watermelon Steak is an exciting option; bursting with bright, bold flavors and a vivid visual appeal that will bring a delightful surprise to your table.
This simple yet truly spectacular dish is sure to make your stomach smile. To begin, you’ll need a few quality ingredients. Start with a firm and juicy watermelon, sliced thick into steaks. Then, prep your spices and seasonings – think garlic salt, basil, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Finally, finish it off with a splash of lime juice, olive oil and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
- Step 1: Slice your watermelon into thick ‘steaks’
- Step 2: Spritz with lime juice, olive oil and sprinkle seasoning onto the steaks
- Step 3: Grill the steaks for 2-3 minutes each side before transferring to a platter
- Step 4: Top with feta or any other desired topping
Enjoying the succulent, sweet taste of watermelon in a savory setting is a delightful experience. Not only does it make for an aesthetic plate, but its tender texture will win over even the pickiest of eaters.
9. Artificial Sweeteners Stand No Chance Against Watermelon Steak
Forget about artificial sweeteners. Watermelon steak is the real deal! With its juicy, succulent watery goodness, this healthy alternative to steak has burst onto the culinary scene. The natural sweetness of watermelon combined with the smoky, savory flavors of steak makes for an unbeatable combination.
- First and foremost, watermelon steak is mouth-watering. The sweet and savory flavors meld together in a way that can’t be matched by artificial sweeteners.
- Second, watermelon steak is a nutritional upgrade from regular steak. Packed with minerals, vitamins and antioxidants, it’s the perfect treat for health-conscious eaters.
- Finally, watermelon steak is versatile. Grill it, bake it, or fry it – no matter how you cook it, you can be sure you’re getting a powerhouse of flavor and nutrition.
Artificial sweeteners don’t stand a chance. Watermelon steak is the delicious, nutritious way to get your steak fix!
10. A Winning Disruption: Introducing Watermelon Steak to Your Dinner Guests
It’s time to shake things up and bring a winning disruption to dinner! Watermelon steak is a creative, vegan-friendly way to liven up a dinner party. Here’s everything you need to know about this unique and tasty new dish:
- It’s Not Watermelon. It’s Watermelon Steak: This steak is made with watermelon that’s been cut, marinated in and cooked with a combination of herbs and spices such as rosemary, oregano or thyme. It takes on a steak-like texture, and trust us – it tastes incredible.
- Healthy & Delicious: Not only does it look, smell and taste like steak, it’s a much healthier swap for beef or other meats! A lower fat and calorie content, plus lots of vitamins and minerals, make this a fantastic option for dinner.
The best part of trying out a new dish like watermelon steak? Impressing your dinner guests with your creative, health-conscious skills! Give them all something new to talk about – and with a delicious taste like this, they’ll be back for seconds!
This simple watermelon steak recipe is sure to be an unforgettable experience for your dinner guests. Surprise them with this delicious and unique dish, and find out for yourselves why it’s quickly becoming a culinary craze. With its delectable sweet and juicy flavors, this irresistible watermelon steak is one of THE must haves for your next dinner party!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.