Have you ever tried roasted watermelon steak? Chances are, if you haven’t, you’re missing out! Grilling up watermelon steaks can open up a whole world of possibilities, taking advantage of both sweet and savory flavors. This delicious new take on grilled vegetables will tantalize your taste buds and add a novel, inviting flare to your summer cookouts!
1. Summer Grilling Inspiration: Try Watermelon Steaks!
Watermelon steaks are a creative way to switch up your usual grilling routine this summer! Rich in vitamins and minerals, and absolutely loaded with flavor, grilling watermelon can make juicy, sweet, and smokey steaks that will be sure to surprise and delight your taste buds. Here are a few tips for preparing and grilling the perfect watermelon steaks:
- Pick watermelon. Choose a watermelon that is ripe, heavy for its size, and has no cuts, bruises or soft spots.
- Slice. Cut the watermelon into thick, steak-like slices. Aim for slices that are at least 1 inch thick.
- Season. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. You can also sprinkle on fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, dill, and rosemary.
Once you’re finished prepping the steaks, you’re ready to grill. Set up your grill for medium-high direct heat, and oil your grates so your steaks don’t stick. Grill for about 4 minutes on each side, or until you see nice grill marks and the steaks easily release from the grates. Serve with a cool tzatziki sauce, feta crumbles, and fresh herbs for a light, delicious, and healthy summer feast!
2. Fire Up the Grill for a Sizzling New Way to Enjoy Watermelon
Are you ready to take your summer snack game to the next level? Watermelon doesn’t have to be a boring snack anymore-just get your grill fired up and you’re ready to experience a sizzling twist on this classic summer favorite. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Choose the Freshest Watermelon: To get the best flavor from your grilled watermelon, it’s important to pick the freshest fruit from the market. Try to find one that’s heavy and gives slightly when you press it.
- Get the Right Heat: Since there are different grills, it’s important to find one with the right heat for your grilled watermelon. Usually about medium to low heat is the right setting.
Once you have the right gear and ingredients, it’s time to get grilling! Cut the watermelon into small cubes and put it onto the grill’s grate. Don’t go too far away, as you will need to check on your grilled watermelon and flip them regularly, making sure each side is evenly cooked. Once you reach the desired char and smokiness, you can serve your grilled watermelon cubes. They’ll be the perfect snack while enjoying a summer afternoon!
3. Step-by-Step Guide to Watermelon Steak Mastery
Are you ready to learn the art of watermelon steak mastery? Look no further. Here are the essential steps to creating the perfect watermelon steak.
- Step 1: Cut your watermelon into 0.5-inch thick slices. The fresher the melon, the better the steak will taste!
- Step 2: Prepare your seasoning by combining your favorite spices and herbs. Try a medley of garlic powder, oregano, rosemary, and cracked pepper.
- Step 3: Brush your steaks with extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle on the seasoning.
- Step 4: Place your steaks on the hot grill and cook until you get nice grill marks, about 4 minutes per side.
- Step 5: Take your steaks off the grill and serve immediately.
Once you master these steps, you can start experimenting with other toppings and seasonings to truly amp up your culinary skills. Get creative and make your watermelon steak the star of your next dinner party!
4. A Balanced Flavor Profile for the Perfect Watermelon Steak
Our friends at the Watermelon Steak Club have perfected a foolproof method of selecting the perfect watermelon steak every time. With their expert flavor-crunching palate and fine-tuned sense of flavor-balance, they have crafted a simple equation for the perfect balanced flavor profile. Here are the four elements you’ll need:
- Tartness: A little hint of acidity to cut through the sweetness of the melon and enhance the natural flavor.
- Sweetness: While the watermelon already has plenty of sweets, a few dashes of sugar in with the salt will help boost the natural flavor.
- Saltiness: A pinch of salt helps to bring out the sweetness of the melon and create a balanced flavor profile.
- Savory: A pinch of spice rounds out and elevates the flavor, giving it a subtle but powerful finish.
With these four elements in your flavor-balancing arsenal, you can be sure of getting watermelon steak perfection every single time. Now that you have the formula, it’s time to start assembling the perfect watermelon steak, and finally achieve the flavor satisfaction you’ve been dreaming of!
5. Freshly Picked Tips for Selecting the Best Watermelon for Grilled Steaks
Grilled steaks have always been a special delight. To pair them with the perfect watermelon, here are five tips that you can use for choosing the best one.
- Smell it out. Just like a fruit, watermelons also have a unique scent. Make sure to pick one with an irresistible, sweet odor.
- Touch the melon. A ripe watermelon should feel slightly firm and heavy.
- Check the color. It should usually be a deep green on top and a lighter green on the bottom.
- Tap to listen. A hollow sound indicates a ripe watermelon, while a dull sound points towards one that isn’t ready
- Look for the yellow spot. A yellow spot where the watermelon has been resting on the soil is a good sign – it has been in the sun and is ready to be eaten!
Once you have found the one with all of the above qualities, take it home, cut it up and enjoy the perfect side dish for your delicious grilled steak. Choose wisely, and you can’t go wrong!
6. Get Grilling! How to Make Juicy Watermelon Steaks
Are you ready to make your BBQ even more unique? Well, why not make watermelon steaks? With this fun and simple recipe, you can make delicious grill marks on juicy and sweet watermelon slices. Not only is this fun, but they are perfect for a light summer meal. Here’s how to make it:
- Start by cutting a 3-inch thick watermelon slice.
- Brush the top and bottom with a little oil to prevent it from sticking to the grill.
- Set it on a preheated medium-high grill.
- Leave it there for 2-3 minutes, until grill marks appear.
- Flip the watermelon slice.
- Grill for another 2-3 minutes, until grill marks appear on the other side.
- Take it off the grill and season it lightly with salt and pepper.
Garnish and Serve: You can serve your watermelon steak right away with your favorite topping. Try it with a sprinkle of feta and a scoop of guacamole, or top it with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar or a sprinkle of your favorite herbs. Enjoy them while they’re hot or give them a little chill in the fridge for an hour or two. Either way, these juicy and sweet watermelon steaks will be sure to be a hit at your next BBQ.
7. Adding Spice to Fire-Grilled Watermelon Steaks
Watermelon steaks on the grill are the perfect light, healthy summer meal. But these unique fruit “steaks” need a flavorful boost to really satisfy. To up the deliciousness without much effort, add some classic grilled steak seasonings as dry rubs. Here are a few tasty ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
– Garlic powder
– Sea Salt
– Crushed red pepper flakes
Begin by cutting your watermelon into large “steaks”. You can slice the melon thinly, or cut into larger cubes or wedges, depending on your preference. Once you have your steaks cut, it’s time to season. Make sure you have an even sprinkle of your chosen seasoning blend.
Now for the final step! Heat your grill to a medium-high heat and place your watermelon steaks directly onto the hot grates. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side. As these steaks won’t be cooked quite as long as regular steaks, the heat should be kept low and the timing brief.
8. Let’s Talk Sides: What to Pair with Grilled Watermelon Steaks
A juicy, grilled watermelon steak never fails to disappoint. These sweet, yet savory treats can be an excellent addition to the dinner table. But what about the sides? We all know the perfect meal involves more than just a main dish. Here are some great pairings that will take your grilled watermelon from good to great!
Vegetables: Opt for crunchy, fresh vegetables to add texture to your meal. Roasted asparagus or steamed kale are both delicious alongside a grilled watermelon steak. Plus, heaps of greens always add a pop of color. Salad is always a good option and can be dressed up with a variety of herbs, spices, and even diced watermelon.
Carbohydrates: Add a carbohydrate for a more complete meal. Try a pilaf with toasted almonds, wild rice, or quinoa to get your fill of vitamins and minerals. Get creative and include some diced grilled watermelon in the mix. For a fun twist on mashed potatoes, try roasting some sweet potatoes and adding a dollop of sour cream and diced watermelon to top it off!
9. Making Room on the Grill: What Else to Fire Up with Your Watermelon Steaks
It’s time to make room on the grill for something besides those juicy watermelon ‘steaks’! Whether you’re hosting a backyard BBQ or just a summer feast for the family, grilling is one of the best ways to create a meal. Here are a few of our favorite grilling recipes that’ll taste so good alongside your watermelon steaks.
Veggie Kabobs: Grill up some colorful veggies like bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and zucchini! Simply cut them into chunks, thread on some skewers, and drizzle with your favorite marinade. A pinch of salt and pepper is all they need to be the life of the party.
Tofu Kebabs: If you want something a little more substantial, try this savory skewer dish. Slice the tofu into cubes and marinate in a flavor-packed mixture of teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Then, grill until lightly golden, and serve with a zesty sesame seed sauce. Delicious!
10. Now You’re Grilling with Fire: Take the Barbecue to a New Level with Watermelon Steaks
Nothing beats the smoky taste of a traditional barbeque steak, but why not take your grill game to the next level with something a bit more inventive? Watermelon steaks are the perfect alternative if you fancy a change up this summer.
Before you dig in, make sure to prepare the watermelon properly. Cut it into slices around half an inch in thickness, then slightly score the steaks with a knife, on both the top and bottom. This will stop the steaks from puckering or cracking when you grill them. To get the perfect charrito, heat the grill to 375-400F, then sear each side of the steak for 3-5 minutes, or until you get a good caramelised colour. Finally, you’re good to go!
- Health Benefits: Watermelon is packed with nutrients, so grilling your steaks will bring out all the amazing flavour and healthiness of this summery fruit.
- Seasonings: Add some extra kick with an array of seasonings like jalapeño, garlic, rosemary, paprika, or cumin!
For a delicious and inventive take on barbecuing, look no further than grilling up some watermelon steaks. Not only are they easy to make, but they liven up the classic summer barbecue with a delicious and healthy twist. Get creative in your kitchen and surprise your guests with these tasty steaks!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.