Fresh, juicy watermelon is an iconic summer fruit that is beloved by many. If you’re tired of snacking on the quintessential summer fruit, then you must try grilling it up a delicious watermelon steak! This tantalizing cooking method is sure to tantalize your taste buds and breathe new life into your favorite summer treat. Read on to learn how to make this unique and flavorful summer dish.
1. The Juicy Secret to Delicious Grilled Watermelon Steaks
Grilled watermelon steaks are a summer crowd-pleaser, and they don’t just have to be a side dish – they can actually be the main event if you prepare them properly! Here’s the juicy secret to perfectly cooked watermelon steaks.
- Choose juicy and ripe watermelon: The higher the sugar content, the juicier and more flavourful the steak will be.
- Sear hot and fast: Fire up the grill to a medium-high heat and cook the steaks for 2 minutes per side or until you get nice char marks.
- Experiment with seasoning: Add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, sprinkle some chili flakes, or top off with some Parmesan cheese!
For a truly succulent and flavourful grilled watermelon steak, thetexture, juiciness and seasoning allneed to be perfected. Once you have the basics down, feel free to experiment away to make a dish that people won’t be able to resist!
2. Introducing the One-of-a-Kind Watermelon Steak
Introducing the Most Delicious New Cuisine
Let us introduce you to the most unique take on vegetarian cuisine you’ll ever try: watermelon steak! Here, the tart texture of watermelon and the savoury infusion of herbs and spices come together for a sweet and savoury feast that will have your taste buds singing in delight.
Watermelon Steak Ingredients:
- 1 large watermelon
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
Try something new and tantalizing with this extraordinary way to enjoy watermelon. With its unique texture, herbs, and vinegar marinade, this amazing steak will burst with flavour in each and every bite.
3. The Easiest Way to Grill Watermelon Steaks
Watermelon Steaks are a delicious and unexpected way of barbecuing watermelon. With its bright flavors, sweet taste and crunchy texture, it’s the perfect summer treat.
Let’s go over :
- Start by slicing a watermelon into ¼-inch thick steaks, cutting off any rind that remains.
- Place the steaks on a lightly oiled preheated grill for about three minutes on each side.
- While grilling, turn the watermelon steak to ensure even cooking.
- Once all sides have reached the desired grill marks, they’re ready and can be removed from the heat.
For added flavor, sprinkle some freshly cracked black pepper or your favorite spice on the steaks while they’re on the grill. Alternatively, if you want to add some sweetness, you can drizzle a bit of honey or agave on the watermelon steaks as they’re finishing up grilling. This will give your steaks a pleasant, caramelized taste. Now you can enjoy your savory watermelon steaks all summer long!
4. Crafting Your Watermelon Steak Masterpiece
Nothing beats whiff of tender, juicy steak searing on the BBQ! And even better when it’s made from a seasonal watermelon. Yes, you heard that right – watermelon steak is a thing. Rather than a gluggy mass, when cooked, watermelon sear up nicely to create sweetness and tenderness that matches conventional steak. Here’s how to create your own masterpiece!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cubed watermelon, poppy seeds, garlic, ginger, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Toss until mixed.
- Fire up your BBQ and arrange the watermelon cubes over medium-high heat.
- Cook for a few minutes until everything caramelized nicely.
- Serve with the accompaniments of your choice.
5. Unlocking the Juiciest Flavor with Essential Grilling Tips
Tired of turning out the same boring burgers year after year? Take your summer grilling up a notch with these essential tips for unlocking the juiciest flavors.
- The secret to juicy: Pre-treat meats with salt and pepper prior to cooking. This will add much-needed flavor and keep meats from drying out on the grill.
- Keep It Clean: Cleaning the charcoal grate before and after each use is essential for a great finish on your grilled foods. This prevents food from sticking and ensures the charcoal burns evenly.
- Indirect Heat: Greens like veggies often don’t hold up to direct heat on the grill. Try indirect heat instead by banking the charcoal to one side of the grill and cooking on the other side.
Add some home-smoked flavor to your celebration with hardwood chips, chips, or wood chunks. Soak wood chips in water, wrap them in aluminum foil, and leave some spaces for the smoke to escape. Place them on the charcoal and they’ll smolder, adding a unique flavor to your grilled creations.
6. Creative Grilled Watermelon Steak Recipes You’ll Love
Grilled watermelon steak is a delicious, nutritious and surprisingly simple way to make a summer classic even better. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and savory and can be served as is or incorporated into a number of creative recipes. Here are six of our favorite recipes for grilled watermelon steak that you’ll never want to miss again.
- Tangy Watermelon and Feta Salad: Toss grilled watermelon steak with fresh greens, crumbled feta and thinly sliced red onion. Drizzle with a bright vinaigrette for a delicious summer salad.
- Grilled Watermelon Tacos: Top warm tortillas with grilled watermelon steak, a scoop of black beans, diced red onion and a sprinkle of cilantro. Squeeze a few drops of lime on top for a south-of-the-border twist.
- Summer Rolls: For a light, healthy summer lunch, wrap grilled watermelon steak in flour paper wraps with shredded carrots, lettuce and minced herbs.
- Ginger-Glazed Watermelon: Brush grilled watermelon steak with a mixture of honey, soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil. Killer served with a side of grilled pineapple and jasmine rice.
- Heirloom Tomato Caprese: For a more traditional steak experience, top grilled watermelon steak with fresh slices of heirloom tomatoes, generous shavings of mozzarella and a sprinkle of basil.
- PB&J Watermelon Steak Sandwich: Grill two thick slices of watermelon steak, spread plenty of peanut butter and jelly on the inside and enjoy for an indulgent and unexpected sandwich.
7. The Benefits of Eating Watermelon Steaks
Watermelon steak is quite an uncommon dish, but those who’ve had the pleasure of tasting it, surely recognize the unique flavor and incredible nutritional value this treat offers.
- High hydration: Being made up of 92% water, eating watermelon steak is one of the best sources of hydration one can find. It’s also packed with electrolytes, making it ideal for people who exercise regularly.
- Full of vitamins and minerals: Watermelon steak contains Vitamin A, iron, Vitamin B-6 and other essential nutrients. It can be the perfect addition to any balanced diet, as it can provide your body with natural sources of vital minerals.
- Delicious and low-calorie: With its sweet and succulent taste, watermelon steak can satisfy your appetite while providing you with minimal calories. One steak contains only 83 calories, making it an ideal snack.
In addition to its nutritional qualities, watermelon steak has anti-inflammatory properties and is said to inhibit the growth of cancer cells. Eating it regularly can reduce wrinkles and discoloration for healthier-looking skin. Studies also show it can help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, making it an excellent choice for those interested in maintaining their health.
8. Making the Most Out of Your Grilling Experience
Grilling season is here and there’s no better time to make the most out of it! These top tips can take your grilling skills up a notch and help you stand out from the crowd as a master chef.
- Always Preheat: Get your grill piping hot before you start anything. You’ll get searing, crusty marks and that mouthwatering smoky flavor in your dishes.
- Don’t Waste: Invest in good quality ingredients and set the table before you start so you can plan exactly how much to put on the grill. As tempting as it is to keep adding more, don’t overcrowd – your food will steam rather than cook properly.
- Prep It Right: To ensure even cooking, cut your food into even portions and be sure to trim off any excess fat.
Why not try experimenting with your seasonings and marinades, too? They really add to the flavor of grilled food and bring something different to your plate. You can also make interesting sauces for your dishes to create a BBQ feast that everyone will remember.
9. Crafting Watermelon Steaks For Outdoor Parties
Boasting a juicy centre and a char-grilled middle, steak-style watermelon is the perfect summertime addition to any outdoor party. Start by chopping your watermelon into four thick steaks. Pat them dry and sprinkle generously with lightly-seasoned salt and sugar. Place them on the grill, flipping them every 4 minutes. Then, let them cool a little before serving.
Garnish your steak-style watermelon with anything you have to hand, like:
- A sprinkle of smoked chili powder
- Fresh chopped coriander and basil
- A drizzle of honey
- A squeeze of lime
Allow guests to craft their own creation, or have a chef on hand to build them steak-style watermelons that are sure to impress.
10. The Ultimate Grilled Watermelon Steak Creation
Grilled Watermelon Steak has taken the world by storm! This delicious and healthy dish has quickly become a favorite among health-conscious diners. It’s delicious, vegetarian, and also easy to whip up in no time at all.
To create the ultimate version of this delectable dish, you’ll need:
- Watermelon – cut into steak-sized wedges, two to three inches thick
- Olive oil – extra virgin
- Herbs – fresh rosemary, thyme, and oregano
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Balsamic glaze – to drizzle over
Using your ingredients, start by brushing the watermelon steak wedges with a generous amount of olive oil. Then, season each side with a pinch of salt and pepper and the fresh herbs of your choice. Place the watermelon wedges onto a pre-heated grill plate and cook for about 3-4 minutes each side for a slightly charred finish. When finished, drizzle with balsamic glaze for a delicious finish.
Grilling up delicious watermelon steaks might just be the summertime treat of your dreams. The juicy watermelon, balanced seasoning, and charred flavor make for a unique and much healthier alternative to your regular steak-based cookouts. Plus, the entire family can join in on the fun of preparing this dish. Give this unique grilling experience a try and see for yourself!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.