As summer winds down and the days draw shorter, there’s no better way to savor the season than by grilling up a delicious watermelon steak. This bright and juicy culinary sensation is sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave you feeling refreshed and energized. From the smoky char of the heat to the sweetness of the melon, each bite is a summery reminder of the season’s bounty. Here’s what you need to know to serve up your own summer sensation!
1. Deliciously Savoury: Grilling Up the Tastiest Summer Creation
What is one thing that goes perfectly with a hot summer day? Delicious grilled food! Grilling is the perfect way to kick off your summer right! It combines the smoky flavors of your favorite meats and veggies with the warmth of an open flame to make the yummiest of scrumptious dishes. Here are a few tips for grilling up the tastiest summer creation:
- Starting with the basics: A charcoal grill will give your food a smokey flavor, whereas a gas grill is more versatile and can provide a range of heat-control options.
- Prepare all your ingredients before grilling them. This way, you avoid any potential danger of forgetting something important on the heat.
- Choose the right oil for your grill. Olive oil, which has a high smoke point, is ideal for grilling.
- Invest in quality meat. The difference in taste between regular and high-quality cuts of meat is night and day. A good marinade can also help to up its flavor.
It’s easy to learn how to perfect the grill. Just experiment with different techniques and flavors to find out what works best for you. Have fun with it! Get grilling!.
2. Indulge in Summer’s Finest Treat: Watermelon Steak
With summer in full swing, there’s no better time to indulge in the season’s finest treat. Watermelon steak is an absolute delight, and with our simple step-by-step guide, you can make this yummy dish at home. Here’s all you need to know:
- Prepare the watermelon – Slice the watermelon into 1-inch thick slabs, removal the rind and the seeds.
- Marinate the meat – Place the steaks in a zip lock bag and add your desired marinade. Let the steaks sit and soak up the flavor for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat the skillet – Preheat your skillet over medium-high heat, ensuring it is hot enough for searing the steaks.
Press the watermelon slices firmly into the preheated skillet and let cook for 1-2 minutes per side. Flip them over and cook the other side. Serve the steak hot, alongside a refreshing side salad of your choice. With just a few steps, you can enjoy this succulent summery dish and get your daily dose of Vitamin C in the process!
3. Prepping the Perfect Watermelon Steak for Grilling
Making the perfect watermelon steak is not as hard as it seems! All you need is ripe watermelon, a little oil and spice, and your favourite summertime BBQ accessories. Here’s what you need to do to get your watermelon steak ready for grilling.
- Cut the watermelon: Cut the watermelon into even steaks about ½ inch thick using a sharp knife.
- Marinate the steak: Season the steak with oil and spices like chili powder, garlic powder, or cayenne. Marinade for 15-30 minutes.
When you’re ready to grill your watermelon steak, make sure to heat up your BBQ to medium-high heat. Grill each steak for 2-3 minutes on each side. Watermelon steaks should be slightly browned on both sides, have a slight crunch and be juicy throughout. Serve with fresh herbs and your favourite sides – enjoy!
4. Mastering the Marination: Spice Up Your Watermelon Steak
If you’re ready for that extra kick of Mediterranean flavor, you need to learn how to master marinating your watermelon steak. Marinating your steak can bring a sweet and savory flavor to the meat that can’t be beaten! Here are our top tips for mastering the marination:
Location Matters: First, choose your location and set up your marinating station. Make sure the station is in a location with lots of airflow. If you don’t have access to a kitchen counter or table, simply prop up a cutting board on some sturdy chairs.
Ingredients: Next, choose your ingredients. You need to start with a great marinade. Use a combination of olive oil, garlic, onion and herbs, as these will bring the most flavor to your steak. You can also choose to have some sweet marinades that have citrus, soy and spices blended with the traditional ingredients. Seasonings such as salt and pepper are also essential.
Process: After gathering your ingredients, begin marinating your steak. Put the steak inside a plastic bag and pour your marinade mix over the steak. Make sure the steak is evenly coated. Put the bag inside your marinating station, and separate the steak from the marinade to ensure the marinade reaches every side of the steak. Leave the steak for 4 hours, or up to 8 hours for a deeper flavor.
Finishing Touches: Once the steak has finished marinating, take the steak out of the bag and onto the cutting board. Sprinkle fresh herbs over the steak and watermelon. Grill the steak over medium heat, and flip 4 times during the process. When the steak has cooked, serve with a side of mashed potatoes or salad and enjoy the Mediterranean flavor of your watermelon steak!
5. Maximising Your Grilling Results: Ideal Cooking Temperatures for Watermelon Steak
If you’re a fan of grilling in the warm summer months, you may have recently explored the world of watermelon steak. While it may sound unconventional, watermelon steak can be grilled to perfection with a few simple steps. To get the most out of your grilled watermelon steak, you’ll need to perfect the art of ideal cooking temperatures.
To start, watermelon steak should be grilled on medium-high heat or 375 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This will give the steak a crispy exterior with a juicy interior. You’ll need to monitor the internal temperature which should be around 130 to 135 degrees Fahrenheit. This is when the steak will be cooked through and ready to eat. You’ll also want to avoid high heat in comparison to other types of steak cuts like beef or pork. High heat will cause excessive charring on the exterior.
- Tips For Perfect Grilling Results:
- Monitor the internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
- Keep an eye on the external temperature and use medium-high heat: 375 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grill each steak for 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Baste each steak with a generous layer of oil or marinade before grilling.
- Remove the steak when the internal temperature reaches 130 to 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Dress Up Your Watermelon Steak: Toppings, Sauces and Sides
A watermelon steak is a good way to enjoy a refreshing summer meal that is both healthy and light. But, often times it can start to feel a little boring due to its plainness. With such an easy-to-work with meal, take the opportunity to dress it up a bit and play around with some different flavors to create a delicious, unique dish. Here are a few delicious ways to turn your watermelon steak into a true culinary adventure.
If you are looking for something a little different, top your steak with an herby pesto or chimichurri sauce. Another great topping option is sliced avocado and fried garlic. For a fun and flavorful option, you can also add a tangy yogurt sauce flavored with turmeric, ginger or cardamom. Enjoy a traditional Italian style steak with a balsamic glaze and grated Parmesan cheese. And don’t forget to include some herbs like parsley, chives or basil to give your steak an aromatic finish.
To make the perfect side dish to team with your watermelon steak, opt for something cooling such as a simple cucumber and tomato salad, or perhaps a refreshing bean salad. For a more chipotle-inspired dish, try making a mango salsa. And for something more filling and tasty, you can even make a couscous salad with grilled vegetables. Pass up the usual sides and give your watermelon steak the perfect accompanying dishes.
7. Creative Recipes for Grilled Watermelon Steak
Love grilling? Enjoy trying something new with your summertime cookouts? Look no further than grilled watermelon steak! It’s an excellent way to incorporate a veggie-based dish in your everyday grilling routine. Here are 7 creative recipes to get you started:
- Watermelon Steak with a Pesto Topping: Mix together pesto, a little olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Rub generously on your sliced watermelon steaks and grill over medium-high heat, being careful to watch and turn when it starts to brown. Enjoy with a pesto drizzle!
- Garlic-Lime Watermelon Steak: Combine olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, and salt in a bowl. Generously brush onto the steaks and let marinate for 15-20 minutes before grilling. Grill for about 4 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Enjoy with a sprinkle of lime zest!
- Teriyaki Watermelon Steak: Create your favorite teriyaki sauce of choice and brush generously onto the steaks. Grill for 5-7 minutes until lightly browned. Enjoy with some steamed jasmine rice and diced scallions!
- Grilled Watermelon Steak Taco: Grill the slices of watermelon steak until lightly browned. Serve on top of a warm tortilla with lettuce, avocado, and diced tomatoes. Drizzle with lime juice for a zesty kick!
- Kebab Style Watermelon Steak: Skewer the watermelon steaks onto metal skewers, brushing your choice of marinade. Grill for 5-7 minutes, being careful to turn every couple of minutes. Enjoy with diced cucumbers, pickled onions, and feta cheese!
- Herb and Arugula Watermelon Steak: Generously brush the steaks with a blend of olive oil, salt, black pepper, and mixed herbs. Grill for 3-5 minutes and enjoy with a simple side salad of arugula and tomatoes.
- Watermelon Steak Skewers: Cut your watermelon into cubes and thread onto metal skewers. Brush with a smoky marinade and grill for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Serve as is or with a creamy dip of your choice.
Grilled watermelon steaks will be the star of your summertime cookouts! Keep cool and enjoy these creative recipes!
8. The Juiciest Grilled Watermelon Steak: Out of this World Taste
Grilling watermelons has become increasingly popular recently. For those who may be unaware, yes, it’s possible to do so! This summer has the perfect weather for it, and the result is a juicy steak that will tantalize your taste buds. Ready to try? Here’s what you’ll need:
- BBQ or Grill
When it’s time to get the grill hot, prepare your watermelon steak by cutting the watermelon into slices that are 1 to 1.5 inches thick. Make sure the steak isn’t too thick or it might be difficult to cook it through. Rub a thin coat of oil on both sides and sprinkle salt, pepper, and herbs of your choice for additional flavor. Now you can place the steak onto the heated grill, flipping it on both sides every 5 minutes until it’s golden and lightly charred.
The Juiciest Grilled Watermelon Steak is an out of this world taste that you won’t be able to replicate with store-bought steaks. Enjoy the fire-kissed sweetness of this steak and the succulent texture of a masterfully grilled watermelon. The end result is a delicious barbecue item that looks as amazing as it tastes!
9. Healthy and Delicious Grilled Watermelon Steak: Have Your Cake and Eat it Too
If there’s one overlooked cooking favorite, it’s the juicy grilled watermelon. Sure, it’s not a traditional steak, but it’s as equally delicious and healthy! Plus, thanks to its natural sweetness, you can actually have your ‘cake’ and eat it too.
To make this dish, you’ll need:
- 2-inch thick cuts of watermelon
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Herbs of your choice
Start by brushing the watermelon slices with olive oil. Sprinkle a bit of salt, pepper, and herbs. Grill the steaks on both sides for about 8 minutes.
You’ll end up with sweet, flavorful, and succulent watermelon steak!
It’s best served slightly warm. Perfect for a hot summer day!
10. The Best Grilled Watermelon Steak Experience: A Summertime Sensation
The experience of grilled watermelon steak is one that you won’t soon forget. The perfect combination of sweet and savory will tantalize your taste buds, leaving you in a state of summertime bliss.
One of the best ways to enjoy this dish is by marinating the watermelon steak in a flavorful blend of spices. These can include garlic, onion, chili powder, black pepper, and paprika. Once marinated, the steak is placed on a hot grill and cooked to perfection. The result is a juicy, tender steak that just melts in your mouth.
- Grill the steak for approximately three to four minutes on each side
- Season the steak to taste with salt and pepper
- Serve the steak alongside complimentary side dishes, such as potatoes, green beans, or a light salad
Nothing compares to the unique experience of grilled watermelon steak. And it’s as simple as adding a few ingredients, a bit of heat, and time to create this unforgettable summertime dish.
So why not put a spin on traditional grilling and impress your family and friends with an unforgettable summer sensation? Next time you’re hosting a backyard bash, consider trying out this bold and juicy Watermelon Steak – and don’t be afraid to get creative with the toppings! Until then, stay grilling and stay chill!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.