If you’re looking for a new and creative twist on a classic summer favorite, why not give grilling up a slice of watermelon steak a try? This unique take on the all-time favorite melon fruit is sure to delight everyone at your upcoming barbeque. With just a few ingredients, a little grilling know-how, and some imagination, you can create a tasty, juicy, and visually appealing summer side dish. In this article, you’ll learn how to prepare, grill, and enjoy this stunningly delicious watermelon steak.
1.tangy Taste of Grilled Watermelon Steak
Summer’s unique, juicy fruits are capable of transforming any dinner plate into a delightful experience with its vibrant colors and tantalizing aromas. Grilled watermelon steak is a perfect example of this.
A combination of sweet and pleasant salty flavor makes this dish a winning choice for dinner. The tangy taste comes from the marinade made with lemon, honey, cilantro, and cumin. To get the best out of this flavor, it’s important to make sure the steak is cooked correctly. Here are some tips to ensure the perfect watermelon steak:
- Choose ripe watermelon: Select a ripe watermelon with firm skin, no bruises, and pale yellow spots.
- Make the marinade: Blend together olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and spices.
- Marinate the watermelon: Submerge the watermelon steak in the marinade and let it sit for two hours.
- Grill to perfection: Heat the grill to medium-high and cook the steak for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly charred.
The fiery aroma of grilled watermelon steak from your backyard barbecue will have your guests begging for more. So make your summer dinner a hint of deliciousness with a .
2.A Perfect Fusion of Fruit and Meat
Finding the perfect balance of sweet and savoury flavours can often be a challenge. For example, when you’re looking to prepare something with a fruity/meaty combination. But that’s where this delightful dish comes in!
This combo is simple yet stunning, and can be whipped up with ease. To make the dish, all you’ll need is:
- Fruit – diced peaches, apricots and strawberries
- Meat – diced chicken breast, beef fillet or prawns
- Seasonings – garlic & herb seasoning, pepper, oregano
Once you’ve gathered everything, merely toss the fruits and meat together in a bowl and season to taste. This transform the ordinary into something exquisite! Serve the food over a bed of salad greens (garden or spinach), scatter over some chopped parsley and voila! You have there, .
3.How to Prepare Watermelon Steaks
If you’re looking for a delicious, fresh, and juicy way to enjoy watermelon in a new way, watermelon steaks is the perfect dish for you! Here’s what you’ll need to do to make your own:
- Gather your ingredients: A sharp knife, watermelon, olive oil, honey, garlic, kosher salt and some ground black pepper.
- Cut your watermelon in 1” thick slices and trim off any rind or green parts.
- Mix the honey, garlic, olive oil, and spices in a medium bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and preheat your oven to 450F.
- Use a pastry brush to baste each side of the watermelon steaks with the honey mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the watermelon is cooked to your desired doneness.
- Serve the melon steaks hot with some freshly cracked black pepper.
Now you have a delicious and wholesome new way to enjoy watermelon and impress your friends and family. You can also play around with the recipe and add different ingredients and spices to create your own personal twist on watermelon steak. Enjoy!
4.Tantalizing Marinade Secrets
Taking your BBQ experiences to the next level isn’t a pipe dream – it only requires a few . Here are some awesome ways to make your marinades flavorful and irresistible.
- Salt and acid: Add salt and acidity to counteract any sweetness in your marinade. A good ratio is 1 tablespoon of kosher salt and 1 tablespoon of an acid (vinegar, whiskey, etc.). You can also add a few drops of Worcestershire sauce or an orange marmalade.
- Herbs: Incorporate fresh herbs to your marinade such as dill, oregano, basil, mint, many more. Also feel free to add dried spices like cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, etcetera.
- Oil mix: For a smooth finish, it’s important to add a little oil. The preferred kind is olive oil, but if you’re going for something lighter, try safflower or corn oil.
Making a flavorful marinade requires a lot of experimentation but once you get the hang of it, you’ll be producing some finger-licking feasts. Another way to get inspiration is to look up foreign recipes or try combining the flavors of condiments in your pantry. You never know which signature tastes you’ll uncover!
5.Let the Dry Heat Do Its Magic
This time-tested approach to treating everything from automotive to antiques is a simple one – let nature do the work. With dry heat, you can restore old items back to original condition without the use of harsh chemicals and other materials. Here are some of the benefits of dry heat:
- It is an all-natural process.
- It is gentle so whatever you are cleaning or restoring will remain in near-original condition.
- It is cost-effective and doesn’t require any special equipment.
By harnessing the power of dry heat you can bring new life to items that you may have thought were beyond repair. Whether it’s furniture, electronics, or an automobile, all that’s needed is dry heat and a bit of patience and your items will be looking and functioning like new once again. Whenever possible, consider using the power of dry heat to restore various items. You may be pleasantly surprised by the results.
6.Charring Up the Watermelon Slice
It’s time to torch that watermelon to bring out aCharred flavor that no other fruit has. And, as a bonus, it’ll make the texture of this summer treat even a bit more cruncMesh! All you’ll need to do is get yourself some barbecue tongs, a lighter and of course a large ripe watermelon. Let’s start by slicing the watermelon into manageable slices about 1-2 inches thick.
- Bring the slices over to your BBQ grill and place them so that each one is facing down.
- Using the BBQ tongs, ensure that each slice is placed firmly down onto the grill.
- Using your lighter, place the flame over each slice for about 30 seconds.
Tip: Keep an eye on your flame, the sugar in the melon will cause it to burn quickly! Enjoy the cruncMesh grilled watermelon slices with a sprinkle of lime juice, some yogurt or your favorite topping.
7.Spice it Up with a Finishing Touch
A finishing touch is like a halo that adds charm to an otherwise plain-looking picture. The same applies to food – a delicious meal needs a tantalizing finishing note to leave a lasting impression.
A sprinkle of gremolata, a swirl of oil or a spritz of lime juice – little touches can make all the difference. To take your creations to the next level, here are some ideas to explore:
- Herbs – add a sweet, or a pungent, fresh flavour with the likes of parsley, chives, tarragon and even basil.
- Spices – elevate the aroma potential of dishes with hot spices, such as chili and pepper, or give tarty flavour with cumin and mustard.
- Seeds & Nuts – from pistachios to sunflower and pumpkin seeds, nuts are a crunchy addition that’s delicious as a topping or relished as garnish.
These creative touches provide a textural, nutritional and sensorial contrast to your culinary creations – kickstarting your imagination with the delicious possibilities.
8.Grilled Watermelon Steak in Minutes
If you love grilling, but you’re still looking for bright, summery sides to add to your grill-out, then you’ve come to the right place. Giving grilled watermelon a go is a must this season.
Watermelon steak is a cool twist on the traditional steak, and it’s surprisingly easy to make. All you need is a ripe watermelon, a few seasonings and a few minutes to get those tantalizingly tasty steaks all set up. Here’s a quick run-through for making these delicious delights:
- Season the Steaks: Start off by sprinkling your steaks with black pepper and a pinch of garlic powder – and don’t forget a little salt too! The flavours will add a delicious punch to the juicy watermelon.
- Grill: Now you’re ready to grill! Place the steaks on the pre-heated grill, and leave it so they can cook and absorb the flavours. Depending on the size of the watermelon, it may take up to 5 minutes or less before the steaks are ready.
- Serve: Once the steaks are cooked, you can add them to a platter and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Serve the steaks fresh from the grill and dig in!
A few minutes of grilling and you’re all set to offer your family and friends a unique and delectable meal. What a great way to end your summer BBQ night!
9.Accompanying Sides for a Perfect Plate
Completing the perfect plate often comes down to the accompaniments. And it’s easy to achieve ultimate perfection with the right sides. Great tasting accompaniments not only add flavor to the main dish, but a touch of texture and a whole lot of satisfaction. There are a variety of sides to choose from, but these 9 ideas are the perfect accompaniment for any plate.
- Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Arugula Salad
- Cous Cous
- Steamed Broccoli
- Curried Rice
From creamy mashed potatoes to savory curried rice, these sides have it all. Not only do they complete the meal but they can also act as the foundation of the plate by providing complimentary flavors, colors and textures. Try pairing a bold steak with steamed broccoli or cous cous for a subtle contrast in flavor. Or, pair a light pan chicken dish with arugula salad for a complete and balanced meal.
10.Health Benefits of Watermelon Steak
With the warm season here, everyone is looking for the most enjoyable and healthy recipes. Watermelon steak is the perfect way to stay cool and enjoy something delicious that is good for the body. Here are some of the :
- Vitamins and Minerals: Watermelon steak is loaded with vitamins A and C, as well as potassium and magnesium. Together, these vitamins and minerals support bone health and can boost the immune system.
- Hydration: Eating watermelon steak can help you stay hydrated in the hot summer months. Watermelon, being a 92% water-based fruit, provides the body with a huge hydration advantage.
- Flavorful: Watermelon steak can be prepped in a variety of ways—grilled, seared, or just cut up into pieces. Eating watermelon steak can be a great way to spice up your typical summer recipes.
Watermelon steak can also be beneficial for digestion due to the high water content. The high fiber content in watermelon can also aid digestion and have other health benefits such as regulating blood sugar levels and reducing cholesterol. Finally, due to the lycopene found in watermelon, it can help protect the skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Looking for a unique option for your summer barbeque? Give the Watermelon Steak a try – and experience for yourself one of the most succulent, tantalizing and amazing tastes of summer! Today you learned how to bring this one-of-a-kind steak to life in your own backyard, by mixing sweet, savory and smokey flavors for a dish that’s sure to be the talk of the party. So, don your apron, grab your tongs, and get grillin’ up a slice of summer-style deliciousness.
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.