Delight your friends and family this summer with a tasty, unexpected treat – Grilled Watermelon Steaks. This delicious dish brings a healthy and flavorful sweetness to your next cookout, and is sure to be a delight for all to enjoy. This easy yet sophisticated recipe is a sure fire way to ignite your taste buds.
1. Grilled Watermelon Steaks: The Perfect Summer Treat
Step into Summer with Grilled Watermelon Steaks
Mouth-watering and deliciously juicy, grilled watermelon steak is quickly becoming the favorite dish for summer nights. Turn your regular watermelon into an impressive centerpiece for your BBQ with this easy-to-follow recipe, sure to impress your friends and leave all of your taste buds asking for more.
To get started, here’s what you’ll need:
- olive oil,
- salt and pepper,
- balsamic vinegar.
Begin by cutting the watermelon into thick ‘steaks’ that are approximately one-inch thick. Brush each steak with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper.
Heat a grill on high and lay the steaks on the grill. Heighten your grilling pleasure by adding a hint of smoked flavor from either an outdoor or indoor and electric grill. Allow the steaks to cook for about 4 minutes and then flip to the other side. Let the steaks cook for another 3-4 minutes and then remove them from the heat.
To add a delicious finishing touch, drizzle balsamic vinegar over the steaks. Present the watermelon steak immediately and watch as the exclamations of admiration begin!
2. Not Just For Kids: Grown-Ups Love Grilled Watermelon Steaks Too
Grilled Watermelon Steaks are a tasty treat that is often forgotten about among the vast array of summer barbeque options. However, what many people don’t know is that this classic dish can be enjoyed by adults and kids alike! Slices of sweet, juicy watermelon are simply brushed with a flavorful marinade, then thrown on a hot grill for a smoky, delicious dinner.
Grilled Watermelon Steaks have a unique, robust flavor thanks to the sugars caramelizing and concentrating on the grill. Be sure to choose a ripe watermelon for the best flavor, and for the perfect steak-like texture. Try brushing some balsamic vinegar and olive oil over the slices before grilling, or use a savory Cajun rub. Once the steaks look charred and caramelized, they’re ready to serve! Enjoy these Watermelon Steaks as a refreshing main dish with sides like grilled corn and roasted potatoes, or toss them in a summer salad.
3. A Flavorful Island of Deliciousness
The beauty of the island of Deliciousness lies in the wide variety of flavors it offers. From savory delights to sweet treats, it has something for every taste!
- Savory – Traditional island cuisine such as vegetable stews, seafood dishes, roasts, and curries are just some of the sumptuous dishes you can savor.
- Sweet – Coupled with sweeter treats such as tarts, custards, and cookies, these dishes provide a unique balance to the palette.
Each flavor is carefully crafted and well-balanced to ensure a delightful dining experience! Not to be outdone, the island of Deliciousness also serves up a selection of traditional beverages perfect for sipping and sharing. Refresh yourself with the sweet and tangy signature drink, or discover a new favorite among the other specialty beverages.
4. Grilling Watermelon To Unlock Its Nutritional Value
Watermelon is one of the most delicious summer fruits, but grilling it can bring out a whole new level of flavor! Grilling watermelon helps to unlock its nutritional value and gives the fruit an intense, savory flavor. Here are four key benefits of grilling watermelon:
- Nutrient Extraction: Grilling helps to extract certain phytonutrients, like lycopene and beta-carotene, from the watermelon, which makes them more bioavailable. This means that your body can access the valuable vitamins and antioxidants more easily when you consume the grilled watermelon.
- Antioxidant Benefit: Grilling watermelon helps to preserve the antioxidants present in it, keeping them intact until you get to enjoy them. Moreover, grilling creates additional antioxidizing properties in the fruit, making it an even better option for those looking to maintain their health.
- Enhancing Flavor: Grilling watermelon helps to bring out a unique smokiness that contrasts with the sweetness of the fruit, resulting in an exquisite balance of flavors. This can help to make the watermelon that much more enjoyable to eat.
- Better Nutritional Value: Grilling watermelon helps to maximize its nutritional value, since the nutrient extraction starts taking place faster with the higher temperatures. This means that you can get more of the benefits that come with consuming the watermelon.
Grilling watermelon is a fantastic way to enjoy the flavor and benefits that this lovely fruit has to offer. So the next time you’re in the mood for a different way of eating watermelon, why not give grilling it a shot? You’ll be surprised by how good it can be!
5. Secret Tips And Techniques To Making Grilled Watermelon Steaks
Get the Perfect Char
For the best grilled watermelon steaks, aim for multi-colored char marks. If using a gas grill, heat it up and keep the temperature high. Put the watermelon slices directly onto the grates, and flipping them every couple of minutes to get some char on both sides.
If using charcoal and a chimney starter, create two-zone heat. By putting the coals on one side, you will get a nice char without overcooking the melon. Try to get an even char where the heat isn’t too intense in any one spot. When it really starts to char, flip it and move it onto the cooler zone of the grill.
Get the Texture Right
Grilled watermelon steaks should have a little bite to them, so try to avoid overcooking them. The sweet, fragrant melon should have some texture, otherwise they may turn to mush. To test when they’re ready to come off the grill, poke them with a skewer. If it’s soft but still has some resistance, take it off the heat. These tips will help you make perfect grilled watermelon steaks:
- Choose a juicy, ripe melon
- Slice your melon into steaks about 1-1/2 inch thick
- Drizzle with olive oil and seasonings
- Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side to get a nice char
- Poke with a skewer to test for texture
6. Tapping Into Nature’s Sweetest Treat Power
The sun-ripened sweetness of nature’s natural treats is a valuable power source – one that can do incredible things for your body and mind. From the antioxidants and vitamins packed into super-berries like blueberries and cranberries, to the soothing power of honey and maple syrup, there is no denying the power of these delicious sweeteners.
The best part is, you can use these to your advantage – in soups, smoothies and desserts – or by adding into snacks and drinks like hot cocoa and tea. Not forgetting the deliciousness of adding to yoghurt. Unnumbered list:
- Cranberries: Tart and flavorful, great for topping salads or yogurt.
- Blueberries: Rich in antioxidants and vitamins A and C – perfect for snacking on-the-go.
- Honey: Low glycemic index sweetener, full of enzymes, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Maple Syrup: Trace minerals and antioxidants, with a unique maple flavor that can be used in fillings, dressings, and desserts.
It’s easy to add in nature’s sweetest treat power into your life and get a health-packed boost and sweet flavour!
7. Advantages of Grilling Watermelon: Health Benefits Included
Watermelons are an incredibly versatile summertime fruit, with so much more to offer than just an afternoon snack. Not only can they be grilled, they can also be made into salads, desserts, and drinks. A grilled watermelon is a delectable treat that yields a surprising number of health benefits, too.
Nutrient-rich: Grilling watermelon brings out its natural juiciness, deepening its flavor and creating a charred and buttery taste. The cooking process also releases more of the fruit’s nutrients and lets even more of its fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants become available for consumption.
- Good source of Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Helps regulate blood pressure
- Amino Acids
Immune-Boosting: Grilling watermelon also reconfigures the lycopene and beta-carotene in the fruit. Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant known to help reduce inflammation and improve the body’s immune response. Other phytochemicals in grilled watermelon also help boost the immune system and create a healthy microbial environment in the gut.
8. Techniques To Enjoying Grilled Watermelon Steaks To The Max
Fire Up The Grill: Watermelon steaks can be enjoyed with a delicious char-grilled crust. Preheat your grill to its highest setting and get ready to enjoy. To make sure you get a good char, put the watermelon slices over direct heat and wait until they develop a beautiful golden-brown crust. Enjoy the smell of the steaks cooking, the sound of the sizzling heat and the sight of them bubbling – they’ll look great on the grill.
Season To Perfection: Since watermelons are naturally sweet, you won’t need too much to make them taste great. Consider adding some of your favorite herbs and spices for an extra layer of flavor. Some options include dried oregano, smoked paprika and fresh thyme. Finish your grill masterpiece off with a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of olive oil, and you’ll be in flavor heaven.
9. Finding The Best Way To Cook Watermelon Steaks: Tips, Techniques, and Recipes
Do you want to make watermelon steaks? It may sounds difficult, but with the right tips, techniques, and recipes, you can create amazing watermelon steaks! Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Choose the Right Watermelon: Look for watermelons that are firm and heavy for their size, and with an even color. Avoid those with bruises, soft spots or any sign of mold.
- Cut Lines: Cut your watermelon crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices. Trim off the rind, or for a different presentation, leave it on. Score the flesh diagonally in both directions to create small squares.
- Cook with Heat: Heat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium heat. Grill the watermelon slices until they are heated through and lightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
You can use these grilled watermelon steaks to top salads, tacos, sandwiches or burgers. Or, try something different and make a watermelon steak with a sweet glaze. Simply sprinkle the watermelon steaks with sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg before grilling. Serve the sweet watermelon steaks with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of tart yogurt sauce.
10. Take A Bite Into Summer Heaven With Grilled Watermelon Steaks
Grilled watermelon steaks are the perfect way to welcome summer with a delicious and refreshing bite. Simple to put together, this nutritious dish has all the benefits of watermelon and the added smoky flavor that barbecuing brings. All you have to do is:
- Slice the watermelon into 1-inch thick steaks
- Brush lightly with oil on both sides
- Place the steaks on the grill to cook
- Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until grill marks are visibly forming
The grilling process brings out and intensifies all the natural sweetness of the watermelon making it the ideal accompaniment to a variety of meals. For a light, summer salad, top the steaks with crunchy vegetables, garlic and feta. For something heartier, serve the steak with grilled chicken and a side of wild rice or couscous. The possibilities are limitless when it comes to creating a perfectly summer-friendly meal with grilled watermelon steaks.
If you’re ready to try something new and tasty, grilled watermelon steaks might just be your answer. If you want to enjoy the juicy, flavorful taste of summertime, try this delicious and unique dish for your next barbecue. However you craft this sweet and savory combination, it’s sure to leave you feeling delightfully satisfied.
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.