This summer, take your grilling game to the next level with a unique dish. Perfect for backyard barbeques and alfresco dinner parties, delicious watermelon steaks will add a tempting and truly unique flavor to your summer menu. Whether grilled over open flames, seared on barbecue grills, or cooked in a skillet, these tasty treats are sure to be an instant hit. Read on to discover just how easy it is to grill up these mouthwatering watermelon steaks.
1. Fire Up the Grill and Enjoy Grilled Watermelon Steaks This Summer
If you’re looking for a delicious and unique way to enjoy watermelon this summer, look no further – grilled watermelon steaks are the perfect food to put on the grill. Watermelon is deliciously sweet and juicy, and when grilled it takes on a wonderfully smoky and savory flavor that you simply cannot get from any other cooking method. Plus, grilling watermelon is easy and fast! Here are the steps to get grilling:
- Slice watermelon into ½ inch thick round steaks, discarding the rinds.
- Brush with olive oil, season with a pinch of salt, and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Grill over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Once cooked, grilled watermelon steak can be used in many dishes – for salads, for tacos, for sandwiches, or just on their own as a delicious and sweet side. The possibilities are endless! Try this new twist on watermelon this summer, and you’ll be sure to have a delicious and unique way to enjoy this refreshing summer fruit!
2. Slice Up Watermelon for an Easy Grilling Experience
Enjoying a succulent, crunchy slice of watermelon on a hot summer day is one of life’s simplest pleasures. But if you’re looking to add a little more excitement to your grilling experience, here’s a simple trick. Slice up a watermelon into wedges, toss them in a bit of olive oil, basil, and salt, and then put them on the grill!
You won’t believe the smoky flavors the hot grill adds to the watermelon. The sweltering heat of the grill quickly caramelizes the watermelon, giving it a delicious char. Plus, it’s surprisingly quick and easy to make. All you need to do is:
- Slice up the watermelon in wedges or slices
- Toss the wedges/slices in olive oil, basil, and salt
- Place them on the grill until nicely charred
- Serve and enjoy!
Compared to grilling other fruits, watermelon is especially suitable for grilling owing to its thick, tough rind. So, when hunger strikes next time, don’t shy away from turning up the heat and grilling up some watermelon!
3. Spice Up Your Summer with Grilled Watermelon Steaks
Everyone has heard of Watermelon Steaks, and now you can bring them to your outdoor grill this summer. Grilled Watermelon Steaks are the answer to adding a healthy and delicious treat to your meals this summer!
Here are some simple steps to follow for this unique dish:
- Prepare the watermelon by cutting it into 1-inch thick wedges or “steaks”.
- Combine olive oil and your choice of seasonings and spread it over the slices.
Grill each side of the watermelon slices for 3-4 minutes, until lightly charred. Then plate it up and top with fresh herbs and a sprinkle of feta cheese for an extra tasty addition. Finish it off with a squeeze of lime juice or some honey and enjoy it with your favorite grilled meats.
4. An Unusual Summer Barbecue Treat: Watermelon Steaks
Looking to shake things up during your next summer barbecue? Look no further than watermelon steaks – a healthier and more flavorful version of a grilled steak for everyone to enjoy!
Packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, watermelon is the perfect main dish for all your upcoming summer soirees. The preparation couldn’t be more simple – just score a large watermelon on the skin in 1-1/2 inch thick steaks, and then let your grill do the rest. Once they reach your desired char and caramelization, sprinkle with something fresh, like lemon zest and a pinch of freshly ground sea salt, and you’re ready to serve up a juicy steak like no other!
- For added flavor, drizzle your steaks with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, or your favorite steak marinade before grilling.
- Serve up with a generous side of grilled vegetables for the perfect summer meal.
5. Doing it Right: How to Grill Watermelon to Perfection
Adding watermelon to your summer grill repertoire is a great way to start the season off right. Here are some tips to guide you in grilling watermelon to perfection.
- Choose a ripe watermelon, one that has a firm texture and a light yellow underbelly.
- Cut the watermelon into one or two-inch thick slices, avoiding any cores or seeds.
- Brush the slices on both sides with vegetable oil.
The watermelon slices should be grilled over medium, direct heat until lightly charred, about five minutes per side. You can also enhance the flavor of your grilled watermelon by adding simple condiments like salt, honey, or a sprinkling of your favorite summer herbs.
- Ideally, you should let the watermelon slices rest for a few minutes after they come off the grill, to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Plate it up! Serve your grilled watermelon with a squeeze of lemon, or sandwiches, egg or tuna salads, or any other dish that could benefit from a sweet and smoky flavor.
6. Summertime Flavor: Keep it Simple For Grilled Watermelon Steaks
Keeping it Simple (and Delicious)
Love the cooling, sweet but slightly salty taste of watermelon? With just a few simple ingredients you can get that flavor burst onto your plate in an untraditional but surprisingly delicious way. Grilled Watermelon Steaks are a perfect way to highlight this unique and healthy summer treat.
Start by cutting the watermelon into thick slices. Think slightly thicker than a tennis ball so it’s sturdy enough to stay together when on the grill. Rub lightly with a bit of oil and sprinkle with course sea salt for a unique and unique combination of flavors.
- Canola oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Balsamic glaze
Place the slices on the heated grill and cook until you get char-grill marks. A quick flip and they’re good to come off. For an even more flavor boost, top with a drizzle of reduced balsamic glaze.
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh mint
- Lime juice
If you’d like a bit more punch to your grilled watermelon steaks, top them with other favorites like grated Parmesan cheese, freshly chopped mint and a drizzle of lime juice. Enjoy!
7. Get the Most out of Every Bite with Grilled Watermelon Steaks
Grilled watermelon steaks are an unexpected summer treat. Enjoy the juicy, tantalising flavours and get the most out of every bite. Here are a few tips on getting the best flavour profile:
- Choose watermelon that’s ripe but firm. Avoid fruit that is over-ripe or overly ripe.
- Cut the watermelon into ‘steaks’ – wedges about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Oil the grill and rub seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic powder on the wedges to bring out the natural sweetness.
Grill your steaks. Cook the steaks for about 4 minutes per side, until grill marks appear and the texture is firm. Top the grilled watermelon with fresh herbs, a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of sea salt to enhance the flavour.
- Serve your grilled steaks with grilled vegetables, such as zucchini, summer squash, and eggplant.
- For a heartier meal, add some grilled chicken or pork chops to the plate.
- Create sweet, savory or spicy nachos by topping grilled watermelon with your favorite nacho toppings.
8. Make it a Healthy Meal with Healthy Grilled Watermelon Steaks
Grilled watermelon steak is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy an indulgent vegan summer meal. Rich in vitamins and minerals, watermelon steaks are full of nutrients and health-boosting antioxidants, making it a great option for those who are looking to make a healthier choice.
Making your own grilled watermelon steak couldn’t be easier. Start by cutting the watermelon into ½-inch slices. Sprinkle the slices with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper, and brush both sides of the slices with a thin layer of extra-virgin olive oil. Place the watermelon slices onto an oiled grill over a medium-high flame, and cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until grill marks show on the watermelon.
- Make sure to cook the watermelon steaks evenly on both sides to get the desired juicy texture.
- Sprinkle with your favorite herbs and spices to elevate the flavors.
- Let the smoked watermelon slices rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
9. Grill Like a Pro: Tips and Tricks for Grilling Watermelon Steaks
Watermelon steaks are an excellent way to spice up any vegan or vegetarian meal. But grilling watermelon steaks can be tricky — make one wrong move, and you can end up with a chewy, unappetizing mess of fruit. Here are some tips and tricks to help you grill watermelon steaks like a pro:
- Choose the ripest watermelon. Pick a ripe watermelon, and check to make sure it’s evenly colored without any bruises or soft spots. This will ensure your watermelon is juicy and flavorful.
- Cut your steaks evenly. Slice into steaks or cubes evenly so they all cook at the same rate. Make sure they’re thick enough to stand up to the heat, but not so thick that they’re difficult to bite and chew.
Once the steaks are all ready, take the following steps to get them on the grill:
- Brush steak with oil. Oil will help keep the watermelon from sticking to the grill. Brush on a light layer of oil and wait for the grill to heat up.
- Prepare the grill. After your grill is hot and ready, brush it down with a light layer of oil. This will help ensure your watermelon steaks don’t stick.
10. Take Your Summer Grilling to the Next Level with Grilling Watermelon Steaks
Grilled watermelon steaks are a fun and delicious way to add fruity flavour to summer barbecues. A great and simple recipe to get started is cutting the watermelon into 1 in “steak” size slices, brushing them with oil, then grilling them for about 4 minutes per side.
- Marinade or Seasoning: Coat the watermelon steaks with a marinade of your choice and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Try a soy, garlic and ginger combination if you want an Asian flavour, or rosemary and olive oil for Italian.
- Salting: Use kosher salt to season your watermelon steaks just before grilling.
Serve grilled watermelon steaks over a salad or as a side to other grilled items. Or for a fun spin, drizzle the steaks with a reduced balsamic vinegar – a great way to add a sweet-tangy element to your meal. Grilled watermelon steaks are a unique and refreshing way to wow your guests and take your summer grilling to the next level.
Fire up the grill and show off your newest culinary prowess with these tasty watermelon steaks this summer- your barbecues are sure to leave all your friends and family in awe! With a simple marinade and some creativity, you’ll have a sweet and savory new way to bring your summer parties to the next level. So get ready to wow your friends and family this summer; it’s going to be a delicious ride.
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.