Are you looking for something to liven up your backyard BBQ? Then look no further than this delicious and unique twist on the classic grilling favourite – watermelon steak! The sweet fruity flavour of the watermelon smothered in your favourite spices will bring a unique twist to any grill-out. No more boring burgers and steaks; it’s time to think outside the box and ”grill up something new” — like a juicy watermelon steak!
1. Grill Up Something Different: Try Watermelon Steak!
- Surprise your taste buds: Watermelon steak is a deliciously vibrant way to add something new and interesting to your grilling menu.
- Expect the unexpected: This dish may look and taste like steak, but the juicy watermelon slices have an entirely unique flavor which will tantalize your palate.
If you’re looking to switch things up and try something unconventional this grilling season, watermelon steak is the perfect way to do it! Not only is watermelon a healthy and delicious alternative to classic steak, it’s also surprisingly easy to prepare. All you need to do is cut thick slices of watermelon, coat them with a bit of olive oil, and grill them to a delicious medium rare.
Get creative and season your watermelon steak with herbs and spices to suit your taste. For an exotic and vibrant flavor, give your steak a sprinkle of cumin and chili powder or marinate it in a mixture of soy sauce and garlic. For an Italian spin, try your watermelon steak with a sprinkle of oregano and thyme. With so many options, you’ll never run out of ways to enjoy this unique dish.
2. Summertime’s Savory Solution: Experiment with Watermelon Steak
Spicy, sweet, and salty. These three words should be all that’s needed to get your taste buds excited this summer. Watermelon steak is the perfect way to satiate your cravings and make your next summer meal a memorable one!
Firstly, start off prepping the watermelon. Cut the melon into 1 inch thick slabs, cut out the rind, and season generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Heat up your grill to medium-high heat and give it a few minutes to let the heat build. Grill your watermelon for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until nicely charred and heated through.
- Top the watermelon steak with your favorite accompaniments: try cilantro, lime juice, avocado, and a squeeze of honey for added sweetness.
- Add a salty/ cheesy element: toss crumbled feta or goat cheese into the mix, or grated parmesan.
- Invite a friend to your outdoor summer barbecue: share the juicy goodness of your steak with a pal!
3. Something Fresh from the Grill: Enjoy Watermelon Steak
Reinvent BBQ season with a healthy substitute for meat! Watermelon steaks are a unique and delicious way to enjoy the summer produce. Perfect for a creative cook-they are just as delicious as a juicy steak.
Start by cutting your watermelon into thick slices – about the same size as a beef steak. Brush each side with olive oil and season with whatever you like – garlic, basil, oregano, black pepper and sea salt will all impart a delicious flavor. Grill the steaks over medium-high heat until they have nice seared marks, about 5 minutes each side. Layer your watermelon steak with a fresh salad or grilled veggies, or enjoy on its own with a squeeze of lemon!
- Health-conscious twist – Watermelon steaks are low in carbohydrates and contain vitamins A and C.
- Easy prep – no marinating required – simply cut and brush with oil.
- Make it your own – customize the flavor with your favorite herbs or spices.
4. Get Creative in the Kitchen: Spice Up Meals with Watermelon Steak
Summertime dinner calls for some light cooking! So why not try something that’s healthy and creative? A watermelon steak is unique, fresh, and the perfect light dinner. Plus, the taste is suuuuuuuper delicious.
Here’s how to get started:
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Prepare the watermelon steak by slicing it into 1/2 inch thick steaks
- Cook and season the steaks with sea salt, cracked pepper, and olive oil
- Sear the steaks by placing them directly onto the oven grate for about 10 minutes
- Finishing touches – You can go a lot of different ways when finishing the watermelon steak. Try topping it off with a balsamic glaze, pesto, goat cheese, or even pickled onions!
Turn up the heat of your summertime meals with the savory, juicy watermelon steak. So simple and so delicious, you won’t regret it! Bon Appétit!
5. Backyard Grilling Ideas for Everyone: Watermelon Steak
Grill up something new with watermelon steak! Watermelon steak is the perfect summer treat for your grilling fun. It’s a delicious way to have a light, refreshing meal that all your guests will love.
Here are some tips to help you perfect your watermelon steak:
- Choose a good-sized, ripe watermelon: Select watermelon that is heavy for its size and has a yellow hue near the stem and indented markings.
- Assemble your seasonings: We recommend a rub of garlic, vinegar, paprika or pepper, and salt.
- Prepare the watermelon slices: Cut your watermelon into 2-inch thick “steaks” and season them on both sides.
- Grill the watermelon: Put the watermelon on the grill for about four minutes on each side, rotating them to make sure the heat cooks the slices evenly.
- Serve warm: Serve the watermelon steak warm and pair it with your favorite side dishes for an easy, refreshing summer meal.
Give watermelon steak a try this summer and find out why it’s becoming one of the hottest grilling trends.
6. A Sensational Grilled Meal: Let Watermelon Steak Shine
Are you looking for a fresh and exciting way to enjoy your favorite summer fruit, watermelon? Why not put it on the grill? Grilling juicy slices of watermelon steak makes for a sensational and delicious meal.
To make this amazing dish, start by cutting a few nice-sized portions of watermelon into steaks. Don’t hesitate to be generous with the portions! Once you have your watermelon steaks cut and ready to go, its time to season them up. A delicious combination of freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder, ground ginger, and sea salt will do the trick. Place the steaks onto your pre-heated grill, cooking for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until a light charring has formed. It’s important to not overcook the steaks, or else you won’t be able to appreciate the juicy deliciousness that is watermelon steak.
- Step 1: Cut several nice-sized portions of watermelon into steaks.
- Step 2: Season the steaks with freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder, ground ginger, and sea salt.
- Step 3: Place the steaks onto a pre-heated grill and cook for 5-7 minutes.
After the steaks have been cooked to perfection, treat them to a lovely drizzle of honey and balsamic vinegar, or a tasty combination of fresh herbs and other spices. Serve your grilled watermelon steaks with a side of your favorite summer veggie and you’ve got yourself a delicious and healthy meal.
7. Try this Savory Surprise: Beef Up Your Next Grill Night with Watermelon Steak
Craving something new and exciting? Then it’s time to give watermelon steak a try. With its surprisingly savory flavor and juicy texture, your guests will never forget this unique grilling experience! Here are some of the most delicious ways to incorporate this summer fruit into your next BBQ.
- Slice a watermelon into steak-like shapes.
- Brush each side with a mixture of olive oil and your favorite savory seasonings.
- Grill for about 3 minutes per side, or until a nice char is formed.
- Serve with a side of garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus, or a fresh garden salad.
Turn up the flavor of your next BBQ by experimenting with watermelon steak. The best part? You don’t have to eat it right away! Leftovers can be roasted into a delicious vegan chili or transformed into a flavorful topping for your favorite taco recipe. Give this sweet and salty dish a try and watch your next backyard grilling party turn into a memorable gather of friends and family!
8. Make Grilling Work for You: Whip Up a Watermelon Steak
Grilling isn’t just for meats anymore—now, you can add a unique twist to the grill with a watermelon steak. This dish is surprisingly flavorful and juicy, and it’s a great way to add a bit of variety to your outdoor cooking.
- Gather your ingredients. You’ll need a large seedless watermelon, olive oil, salt, ground black pepper, and fresh herbs or spices of your choice.
- Prepare your steak. Cut the watermelon in to 2” thick slabs and brush with a light coating of olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and any fresh herbs you may have.
- Get cooking. Heat your grill to a medium-high heat and place the prepared watermelon on the grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, until there are definite grill marks on the sides.
- Let it rest. Take the watermelon off the grill, and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Enjoy! .Slice the watermelon steak and serve with your favorite salad and sides.
Grilling watermelon is an easy and creative way to add some variety to your outdoor cooking. It’s crunchy, juicy and oh-so-tasty—you won’t regret giving this unconventional steak a try.
9. Unleash Your Inner Grill Master: Create a Watermelon Steak
Are you ready to become a master on the grill? Creating a juicy and flavorful watermelon steak is easier than you might think! A watermelon steak is sure to jazz up your ordinary barbecue and impress your guests. Here are some tips for putting together your own delicious dish.
- Choose Your Watermelon: Select a ripe, bright red watermelon that feels heavy. Gently thump it and listen for a hollow sound.
- Cut Your Watermelon: Slice the watermelon in 1/2 inch thick slices. Cut away the peel with a sharp knife.
- Taste Test: Take a bite of the watermelon to make sure the taste is sweet and summery.
Now you’re ready to lay the watermelon steak on the grill. Make sure the heat is at medium-high, brush the steaks with olive oil, and then place them on the surface of the grill. Grill the steaks for 4 to 6 minutes on each side. When the ends of the watermelon steak turn a light caramel brown, it’s time to serve up your masterful creation!
10. Giving Grilling a New Twist: Delectable Watermelon Steak
Grilling is widely considered one of the tastiest and most exciting ways to prepare food. Now, you can take your grilling to the next level with this unique take on steak – watermelon steak!
Not only is this an adventure for the taste buds, but it’s also healthier and simpler than steak. Here’s what to do:
- Slice the watermelon into thick, steak-like slices – about 1 inche thick.
- Coat the slices in olive oil, salt, and pepper, for added flavor.
- Grill the watermelon slices for about 2–3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the slices with a dollop of herbs, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and a sprinkle of cheese on top.
The result? A juicy steak-like dish that is truly unlike anything you’ve tasted before. The best part is, you now have a guilt-free way to enjoy a delicious steak, without having to compromise your health. So, next time you feel like having steak, why not fire up the grill and give this tasty watermelon steak a try!
Who said grilling had to be boring? Not us! Watermelon Steaks are surprisingly delicious and make for a unique, healthy, and easy barbeque treat! Give them a try and let us know what you think!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.