Are you looking for a light and refreshing summertime meal that’s sure to impress? Why not fire up the grill and try your hand at ‘Grill Up Some Watermelon Steak!’ Watermelon steak is the perfect way to combine your favorite summer fruit with the smoky char of the grill. Not only is watermelon steak a delicious treat, but it also is healthy and customizable to match your tastes. So, get the fire going and let’s grill up some watermelon steak!
1. Deliciously Grilled Watermelon Steak: A New Summer Favorite!
When you think of grilling, watermelon doesn’t instantly come to mind. But hear us out — watermelon steak is a delicious, unique summer treat that may soon become your favorite backyard flavor.
This delicious and healthy dish is perfect for alfresco entertaining. With just a few ingredients, you can cook up a batch of delicious watermelon steaks in no time. Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 large watermelon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Cut the watermelon into thick slices, two to three inches thick, and brush each piece lightly with olive oil. In a small bowl, combine the remaining olive oil, lime juice, sugar, paprika, chili powder and garlic powder — this is your marinade. Next, spoon the marinade over the prepared watermelon slices and let them sit for about 15 minutes.
After the marinade has had time to soak in, heat up the grill and grill your watermelon steaks for 3-4 minutes per side. The steak should have some nicely browned grill marks, and when it’s ready to be taken off, a fork should penetrate easily.
Drizzle with extra marinade and a sprinkle of cilantro, and enjoy!
2. Spice Up Your Dinner With Grilled Watermelon Steaks
Grilled watermelon is an unusual, but delicious way to put a fun twist on dinner. It’s easy to prepare and can be served with a variety of accompaniments, plus it’s a healthy, sweet and juicy way to really elevate your meal. Here’s how to get started:
- 2 inch thick watermelon steaks
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Mix the spices with the olive oil and stir to combine.
- Brush one side of the watermelon steaks with the oil and spice mixture.
- Grill the steaks for 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly charred and beginning to soften.
- Flip them over and brush with the oil and spice mixture.
- Grill for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove them from the grill and serve with your favorite sides.
3. Up Your Grilling Game With Watermelon Steaks
Don’t be limited by grilling only meat – add a twist to your next barbecue by grilling slices of watermelon! Though they may not replace a classic steak, watermelon ‘steaks’ can make for a delicious side dish, allowing you to get creative with your barbecue repertoire. Here are the things you will need for flawless watermelon steaks:
- Slices of watermelon
- Salt and other spices
- Olive or avocado oil
Preparing the Watermelon Steaks Cut the watermelon into large, flat slices. Sprinkle each slice generously with salt, any other desired spices, and a bit of olive or avocado oil. Grill the slices on direct heat for 5-8 minutes, flipping once to ensure cooked on both sides. You can also grill the slices indirectly; the cooking time will increase but the watermelon will become even crispier!
Finally, enjoy your freshly made side dish with your favourite proteins – lemon juice pairs particularly well with the sweet and salty taste of the watermelon. With this unique twist to your next barbecue, you will be sure to up your grilling game!
4. A Refreshing Take On Steak: Introducing Watermelon Steaks
For fans of the classic steak dinner, the idea of swapping out beef for watermelon can be intimidating. But it’s time to turn away from the traditional and give watermelon steaks a try!
To make a watermelon steak, start by slicing a seedless watermelon into thick, round slices. You can make them as thick or thin as desired. Season both sides of the steaks with a mix of garlic powder, pepper, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt. Grill the slices on the barbecue, roughly two to three minutes a side. The grill lines add flavor and texture.
- Top with a light drizzle of olive oil, salt, and freshly cracked pepper.
- Add a handful of fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, or marjoram.
- Garnish with feta cheese, diced avocado, or a drop of balsamic glaze.
Finally, serve these delicious steaks with a side of your favorite vegetables or crunchy greens. Enjoy the refreshing and juicy flavor of watermelon steaks for a healthy alternative to the traditional steak dinner.
5. Give Traditional Barbecue a Twist with Watermelon Steaks
The cookout doesn’t have to be the same-old burgers and hot dogs! Spice up the summer barbecue with a tasty twist. Watermelon steaks are a juicy, fruity take on traditional barbecue that your guests will love. Here’s how to create delicious watermelon steaks:
- Pick a ripe watermelon: Select a watermelon that is symmetrical in shape and has a yellow-ish patch where it’s been sitting. The watermelon should be even, smooth, and dark green on the outside.
- Cut thick slices: Use a sharp knife to cut slices of watermelon around 2 inches thick.
- Lay them out: Place the thick slices of watermelon on a plate or cutting board.
- Season them: Sprinkle a little salt over the watermelon steaks, then drizzle them with your favorite oil.
- Grill it up! Cook the watermelon steaks on the grill, just like you would with a regular steak. Grill each side for around 3 minutes.
Once cooked, serve these delicious watermelon steaks with a sprinkle of feta cheese and some basil leaves. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, why not try topping them with a scoop of homemade guacamole? Your guests will love the fruity twist on traditional barbecue.
6. Tips for Grilling Perfect Watermelon Steak
Reduce the Heat: A watermelon steak is a relatively delicate item to grill and requires a lower temperature than you’d use for other foods. Pre-heat the grill to low-medium heat – this will allow the steak to cook without burning the outer skin or cooking too quickly.
Seasonings Make All the Difference: With such a juicy and flavorful steak, you don’t need to over-season it, but a few simple seasonings can take your steaks to the next level. A sprinkling of salt and pepper, or some of your favorite herbs and spices, and even a drizzle of balsamic vinegar will complement the natural flavor of the steak and make it even more delicious. Here are some easy-to-add seasonings that work especially well with watermelon steak:
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Ground coriander
7. Preparing Watermelon Steak for Maximum Flavours
Watermelon steak is a unique and delicious summer treat. To make it extra tasty, there are a few key steps you need to take:
- Marinating: Let the steak marinate for a few hours or overnight in a mixture of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and any other herbs you like (thyme and oregano work really well).
- Searing: Preheat a pan over medium-high heat and sear the steak for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
This will not only give the steak its beautiful seared edges, but it will also add a gorgeous smoky flavor to the dish. Make sure to leave some of the marinade on the steak while cooking, as this will also help to give it more flavor.
8. Get Ready to Taste the Most Juicy Watermelon Steak
Get ready to taste the sweetest watermelon steak in town! Every cut is juicy, filling, and truly irresistible. If you’re looking for something different on your plate, then this is the meal for you.
The Benefits of Watermelon Steak
- Great source of vitamins and minerals to keep you healthy
- Fruity flavor combined with steak makes a tantalizing combination
- High in lycopene which could be beneficial for heart health
Watermelon steak is rapidly gaining in popularity and has been enjoyed in all corners of the world, from France to Japan. And now you can enjoy this hybrid dish in your own home! Satisfy your cravings for something new with this lip-smacking, nutrient-rich meal.
9. Surprising Your Family with a Delicious Watermelon Steak
Surprise your family with a delicious and unique watermelon steak. This dish makes a great main course or side option at any meal. With its juicy and tender texture, the steak has a subtle flavor that pairs perfectly with a variety of seasonings.
To get started, you will need a few ingredients:
- Watermelon Steak: 1 large watermelon steak.
- Seasonings: Salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Once you have the ingredients together, it’s time to start preparing the steak. Cut the watermelon steak into thirds and season each piece with the seasonings. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place the steak pieces in an oven-safe dish. Bake for 25 minutes and then enjoy!
10. An Unusual Grilling Recipe: Watermelon Steak
Grilling is a summertime favorite, and everyone loves to mix things up a bit. Why not try something unique and delicious? Watermelon steak is not your traditional steak but it’s still sure to make your meal a hit.
This unusual but delicious grilling option packs a lot of punch despite its simple ingredients. All you need to do is prepare your watermelon by slicing it into thick slices, about the same size you would use for steak. Then, set your grill to medium heat and bring your watermelon slices to life. Make sure the slices are grilled on each side until you get a nice caramelized finish.
- Toppings: Drizzle the cooked watermelon steak with a simple balsamic reduction, and finish it with your favorite toppings like:
- Salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Feta cheese
If you’re a fan of watermelon and looking for a unique way to change up your summertime grilling routine, try out a watermelon steak. It’s delicious, refreshing, and sure to make a splash at your next barbecue!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.