Are you bored of the same old steak dinners? Searching for something exciting and unique? Why not try the surprisingly delicious, “Grill Me a Watermelon”? With this unusual yet delectable twist on steak dinners, you are sure to wow your friends and family with your adventurous spirit!
1. “Grilling Watermelon: A Creative Twist to Dinner Time”
Grilling watermelon is an unexpected way of cooking this popular summer fruit. Not everyone is a fan of the sweetness, but grilling it adds a wonderful smoky flavor and gives it an even better texture. Here’s how to get started with this unique summer favorite:
- Heat up your grill to a medium-high heat.
- Cut the watermelon into thick slices and lay them on the preheated grill.
- Grill for about two minutes on each side or until you get the desired char marks.
- Remove from the grill and season with salt and pepper.
Grilled watermelon can then be enjoyed warm or cold and can be used as a snack or a side dish depending on the size of your slices. It can also be mixed into green salads or even diced into a salsa. Another great idea which is bound to become a hit at parties is to make watermelon ‘steaks’. Simply cut thick slices of watermelon and serve them immediately after grilling with a sprinkle of some feta or goat cheese on top!
2. “Not Your Usual Steak Dinner: Grill a Watermelon Instead”
The standard backyard BBQ typically begins with a typical steak dinner. Grilling one up for an outdoor dinner is tried and true and delicious. But, if you really want to wow dinner guests, why not swap out the steak for a grilled watermelon?
A watermelon is something of an unexpected addition to the standard BBQ menu, but it can end up being one of the most delicious parts of the meal. Here’s how to take the plunge and give it a try.
- Choose your watermelon. Find one that’s ripe and firm, a size that’s manageable for the grill, or plan to cut it into smaller slices or wedges before grilling.
- Prep the watermelon. Grease the grate of the grill and brush or spray the watermelon with some oil. Sprinkle generously with a spice of your choice like smoked paprika, herbs, or chili.
- Grill your watermelon. Place your watermelon pieces on a hot grill, about four minutes per side. Turn over using a spatula, flipping over the watermelon wedges gently, not letting them fall apart.
- Eat and enjoy. Once the watermelon is charred and tender, it’s ready to be removed from the grill. Serve and enjoy!
3. “Spice Up Grilling with a Delicious Watermelon Steak”
Imagine the perfect summer day; sunshine, warm breeze, and the delicious aromas of a BBQ filling the air. Your grill is fired up and ready to go, and easily among the burgers and hot dogs is a unique treat – Watermelon Steak!
- Prepare the steak. Start by cutting your watermelon into thick slices with uniform thickness (at least 1.5 inches).
- Grill it right. Get the grill hot and then spray with oil to prevent sticking. Grill your watermelon steak for 2-3 minutes on each side.
For the finishing touches, drizzle with white balsamic vinegar, cracked black pepper and a sprinkle of fresh herbs of your choice. Your guests will love this sweet and savory delight and will surely be impressed by your creative summer grilling.
4. “Bring the Sweet and Savory Together: Grilling Watermelon”
Time is running out and grilling season is coming to a close. Before all the grill masters put away their aprons and grilling tools, try this unique combination of savory and sweet – grilling watermelon!
It’s easy to make and adds a burst of summery flavor to almost any dish. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Watermelon – half for 4 people
- Olive oil – 1/4 cup or enough to coat watermelon
- Sea salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
Before grilling, cut the watermelon into wedges and let it sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. As it warms up, brush it with the olive oil, and generously sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Place the watermelon wedges on the preheated grill and turn after a few minutes until all sides have marks from the grill. Serve the warm watermelon wedges as a side dish or on top of a bed of greens for a tasty, light meal. Enjoy!
5. “A Unique and Colorful Idea: Grilled Watermelon Steaks”
Grilled watermelon steaks is a unique and colorful dish that’s sure to make your meal times more exquisite! This surprisingly delectable dish can be served as a starter, side, or main course. Here’s how to make this amazing dish:
- Slice the watermelon into thick slices so that it resembles steak pieces.
- Brush both sides of the slices with oil.
- Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning.
- Grill the steaks for two minutes, or until charred marks appear.
When served, the sweet and smoky flavor of the grilled watermelon will tantalize your tastebuds! The char marks will also provide for a unique and exotic presentation. You can also serve it with a light drizzle of olive oil and herbs for some delicious complexity to the dish.
6. “A Key Ingredient for Flavorful and Healthy Dinners: Grilled Watermelon”
Grilled watermelon can add a surprising flavor and texture to any dinner. The juicy sweetness of the watermelon with the smoky char of the grill comes together for a delicious contrast that can take any dinner to the next level. Plus, it fits any diet you have in mind, from paleo to vegan to anything in between. Here are some of the amazing benefits of adding grilled watermelon to your meals:
- Adds a unique flavor and texture to meals
- Naturally sweet
- Smoky char of the grill
- Fits any dietary restriction
Grilled watermelon is easy to make, even for those just getting into cooking. All you need is a grill, watermelon, and a bit of oil. Cut the watermelon into thick triangles, place on the grill, brush with oil, and let cook until slightly charred. Serve your creation with a light sprinkle of salt and pepper, and you have a fresh, flavorful dinner.
- Easy to make
- Light sprinkle of salt & pepper to taste
- Ready in a few minutes
7. “Turn Your Cookout into a Special Occasion with Grilled Watermelon Steaks”
Adding a unique twist to your summer BBQs can be an enjoyable challenge. Why not try grilling some watermelon steaks? Unlike regular fruit, these steaks are surprisingly hearty and infinitely more interesting. Here are some pointers to make your grilling experience even better:
- Choose your melons wisely – pick ones that are firm to the touch and slightly heavy for their size, indicating more flavor and sweetness.
- Slice the watermelon into steaks approximately 1.5 inches thick. Make sure to remove the rind before grilling.
- Get it on the grill – heat your grill up to medium-high heat. Grill the watermelon steaks for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Wait for distinct char marks to form for each steak.
- Serve carefully – these grilled watermelon steaks are tender, so be sure to serve them gently. Bringing them off the grill, you’ll quickly see how the heat has evaporated the natural sugars of the fruit, leaving your guests wondering what mysterious new delight you’ve brought to the cookout.
You can get creative with how you serve the steaks. With some fresh herbs, a squeeze of lime, a light drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of feta, your grilled watermelon steaks can easily become the centerpiece of any gathering.
To take it to the next level, why not pair them with a light and zesty salsa? A combination of sweet grape tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and a splash of white wine vinegar will really bring out the flavor of your summer-fresh watermelon steaks!
8. “Create a Flavor Explosion with Grilled Watermelon”
Grilled watermelon features a surprising new flavor sensation. The smoky, caramelized taste of the melon paired with herbs, sauces and spices makes for a delightful culinary adventure. It’s an easy-to-make side dish or main course that will tantalize your taste buds and impress your friends!
To maximize the flavor, cut your watermelon into wedges, disc or cubes and drizzle with olive oil and your favorite herbs. Then place the pieces on a hot grill. Be sure to turn the pieces over once they start to caramelize.
- Experiment with spices: Try cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, or paprika for an extra kick.
- Try a marinade: Make a mixture of balsamic vinegar, garlic, pepper and herbs to really bring out the flavor.
- Go sweet: Drizzle with honey, brown sugar or maple syrup for a sweeter version of this savory side.
- Reduce inflammation: Watermelon has plenty of natural anti-inflammatory compounds that can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Boost your heart health: Watermelon is rich in lycopene, an antioxidant that helps to protect the heart and reduce the risk of diseases.
- Rich source of vitamins and minerals: Watermelon contains multiple vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that are essential for your daily health.
- Grilled Tofu Satay With Peanut Sauce – marinate thick slices of tofu in an Asian-style sauce and then grill for a savory treat.
- Portobello Mushroom and Eggplant Lasagna – layer grilled eggplant and mushrooms with herbs, ricotta cheese, and a creamy white sauce for an unforgettable vegetarian dinner.
- Baked Coconut-Lime Halibut – jazz up a halibut fillet with a sweet and tangy coconut-lime sauce before baking. Serve with a side of jasmine rice for a complete meal.
9. “Introducing a Portable and Portable Meal: Grilled Watermelon On-the-Go”
Are you looking for an easy, delicious and healthy on-the-go snack that doesn’t require a lot of preparation? Look no further than grilled watermelon! This summer staple tastes great hot or cold, can easily be cooked in minutes and makes the perfect portable meal.
You can spice up your grilled watermelon with a sprinkle of cinnamon or a drizzle of honey for an extra kick of flavor. It’s also a great way to get your daily nutrients with an abundance of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and lycopene. Here are just a few health benefits of having grilled watermelon on-the-go:
So, why not give grilled watermelon a try? It’s the perfect way to stay energized and nourished on-the-go!
10. “Make Something Different for Dinner Tonight: Grilled Watermelon Steaks
If you’re bored with the same dinner ideas, why not surprise your family with a unique dish like Grilled Watermelon Steaks? This creative dish is a delicious way to make dinner something special.
To start, cut thick slices of seedless watermelon and brush with a mixture of olive oil, freshly chopped rosemary and a dash of sea salt. Grill the slices on medium heat for several minutes on each side, until grill marks are visible. Serve each steak with a topping of feta cheese and pomegranates for a delicious sweet and salty addition. Here are a few more ideas for uniquely delicious dinner tonight:
Watermelons may seem like an unconventional grilling sidekick, but you may be pleasantly surprised by the unique flavor it lends to a steak dinner. So embrace the unexpected and go ahead, grill that watermelon today!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.