Are you dreaming of a summer supper with juicy and flavorful grilled steak? Then add a sweet and refreshing twist to the conventional steak dinner – grill up your own watermelon steaks! “Grill It Up! Serve Watermelon Steak Tonight” is the perfect guide to show you how to make a unique, mouthwatering meal that will tantalize your taste buds.
1. Deliciously Different: Grill Up Watermelon Steak Tonight
Why slave over a grill all summer long just to produce dishes you can make any other time of the year? If you’re looking to spice up your summer cooking scene and treat your taste buds to something new, give watermelon steak a try.
This summertime favorite is the perfect dish for any backyard BBQ or summer potluck. Plus, it looks just as impressive as it tastes. Watermelon is an incredibly versatile fruit, so you can pair it with practically any topping you can imagine. Here are a few delicious combos to get you started:
- Feta and Basil: This zesty and savory combination will make your taste buds do a double take!
- Cilantro and Lime: This classic pairing adds a piquant twist to any grilled fruit dish.
- Mango and Honey: Sweet and salty is always a winning combo. Add a touch of honey and tangy mango pieces to your watermelon steak and you’re in for an unforgettable taste.
Whichever topping you choose, be sure to top off your watermelon steak with a drizzle of olive oil for added flavor and texture. Grill it to your desired level of doneness and voila—a healthy, flavorful summer dish like no other!
2. A Refreshing and Unique Main Course for Dinner
Searching for a unique and interesting main course? Why not try something unexpected?
Take a bite out of something refreshing, like a fruity summer salmon salad. This succulent dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds with a fresh, crunchy flavor. Start off by marinating the salmon with a splash of lime juice. Toss together some fresh greens, like spinach, romaine lettuce, and radicchio. Add in your favorite fruits: pears, apples, and blueberries add a delightful burst of sweetness. Then top off your salad with a homemade raspberry vinaigrette. Dinner is made for an instant summery classic!
No summer feast would be complete without a tangy strawberry chicken! Start by marinating chicken breast in balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Sauté in olive oil until cooked through. Now, it’s time for assembly. Layer the chicken over a bed of cooked quinoa, and add heaps of sliced strawberries. Drizzle a bit more balsamic over the top, and your unique protein is ready. Vibrant, slightly sweet, and oh-so scrumptious!
3. Watermelon Steak: Think It Can’t Be Done? Think Again!
Watermelon steak is an unusual desert dish, but it can be surprisingly delicious. To make watermelon steak, you’ll need a large and ripe watermelon, plus a few other ingredients. You’ll also need some tools, like a knife and cutting board.
- Cut the watermelon into long, steak-shaped slices.
- Brush the slices with olive oil and sprinkle with sugar, salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- Grill the slices on each side for a few minutes on each side, until there’s a nice char and the sugar caramelizes.
- Remove from the grill and top with grated parmesan.
Once you’ve given watermelon steaks a try, you won’t look at this juicy fruit the same way again. The sweet vibrancy of the watermelon cuts nicely against the salt and pepper, and the caramelized sugar pairs perfectly with the creaminess of the parmesan. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make — all you need is a little creativity and a good grill.
4. Spice Up Your Supper Routine with a Healthy, Juicy Watermelon Steak
Have you ever found yourself stuck in the same supper routine, thinking about the same boring dishes? Looking for something new, healthy, and flavorful? Look no further than a juicy watermelon steak!
Watermelon steak is a wonderful way to add some spice to your boring supper routine. It requires only a few simple ingredients and steps to make. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Watermelon – Choose a juicy, ripe watermelon for optimal flavor
- Citrus – Lime, orange, and grapefruit juice all work well
- Spices – Salt, pepper, and garlic powder
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, the process is quite simple. Slice the watermelon into “steak” pieces and liberally season each side with the spices of your choice. Next, heat up a skillet on medium-high heat and quickly cook each side of the steak. Once done, pour in the citrus and let cook for another few minutes.
Once cooked, the juicy, flavorful watermelon steak is ready to serve. Enjoy with a salad, mashed potatoes, or another side dish of your choice.
5. Step-by-Step Tutorial on Grilling the Perfect Watermelon Steak
Grilling the Perfect Watermelon Steak
- Start by washing the watermelon steak and patting it dry with a paper towel
- Cut away any excess rind, so that the steak is easy to flip on the grill
- Generously season with salt and pepper, and add any desired spices
- Lightly grease the grates of a preheated grill and place the steak on the surface
Grilling over medium heat for a few minutes on each side is the key to getting that perfect crust. A meat thermometer is a good tool to have on hand, as it helps to monitor the steak’s internal temperature. The ideal temperature for a watermelon steak would be 135F, and since watermelon cooks faster than red meat, you should adjust the temperature to low once it is close to that temperature. The steak is ready when it has a delicious chargrilled dark crust.
To get those vibrant sear marks, use a clean pair of tongs to press down the steak for just a few seconds. Once the steak is done, top it with a dollop of butter, a sprinkle of herbs, or drizzle with a citrus vinaigrette. Serve alongside summer vegetables, potatoes, or rice and beans, and savor the deliciousness.
6. Taste the Summer Sun with a Watermelon Steak Sizzling on the Grill
As summer rolls around, there’s one too-tempting treat that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds: watermelon steak sizzled on the grill. It’s an incredibly simple recipe to make, with ingredients everyone is sure to have lying around:
- 2-inch watermelon steak (1/2 inch thick)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
This delicious dish is as easy to make as it is to eat. Start by coating your steak with a generous helping of olive oil. Generously season it with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Then, place the steak on the grill and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the grill marks have darkened and the flesh inside has softened. Best served fresh with a sprinkle of sugar, you won’t regret giving this summertime treat a go!
7. Creative Combinations: Dress Up Your Watermelon Steak with Fresh Herbs, Citrus, and Spices
Watermelon steak is a surprisingly delicious and healthy way to enjoy a juicy summertime treat! To make it even better, try adding herbs, citrus, and spices for a flavorful upgrade. Here are some easy ways to dress up your next watermelon steak.
- Fresh Herbs: Add a sprinkle of parsley, basil, tarragon, or chives to bring that delightful fresh and herby flavor.
- Citrus: Give your watermelon steak a zesty zing by drizzling some freshly squeezed lime or orange juice, or adding a pinch of orange zest.
- Spices: Try out your favorite Middle Eastern, Caribbean, Mexican, or Asian flavors with a dash of cumin, chili powder, turmeric, or paprika.
Basically, do whatever your taste buds tell you! For an extra boost of sweetness, sprinkle some cinnamon over your steak. The possibilities are endless with this versatile fruit that is hard to resist. So add whatever you like and make a heavenly watermelon steak the next time you fancy something fruity!
8. Deliciously Simple: Quick and Easy Recipes to Enhance Your Watermelon Steak
When it comes to summer grilling, watermelon steak is a must-have. This light, juicy and flavorful protein can be easily prepared in just a few simple steps. Here are our 8 best recipes that are both delicious and quick, to help you get the most out of your watermelon steak.
- Spicy Asian Watermelon Steak Bowl – Marinate your watermelon steak in a mixture of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sriracha. Then add to a bed of brown rice and vegetables for an easy, balanced meal.
- Grilled Greek Zucchini Salad – For a delicious twist on a classic, combine cubes of grilled watermelon steak with cubed cucumbers, green peppers, and Greek feta cheese.
- Spinach and Watermelon Steak Toast – Toast thick slices of rustic bread and top with grilled watermelon steak, wilted spinach, and crumbled feta for a light and balanced meal.
- Grilled Mediterranean Watermelon Steak – Serve grilled watermelon steak over pesto couscous and tomatoes for a quick veggie-packed meal.
- Grilled Watermelon Steak Tacos – Top grilled watermelon steak and crumbled queso fresco with pickled red onion and mango salsa for a delicious and easy summer taco.
- Barbecue Watermelon Steak Burgers – Combine grilled watermelon steak with caramelized shallots and sharp cheddar cheese for big, juicy burger.
- Grilled Watermelon Steak Pizzas – Topped with fontina cheese, zucchini, and spaghetti squash, this simple yet flavorful pizza will be a hit at summer parties.
- Marinated Watermelon Steak Skewers – Marinated in garlic and olive oil, watermelon steak shish kebabs are perfect for your summer barbecues.
These 8 recipes are a great way to upgrade your watermelon steak and make it deliciously simple. All of these recipes can be easily prepared in less than 30 minutes, so you can satisfy your craving for grilled steaks without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
9. The Perfect Complement: Perfectly Matched Side Dishes for Your Grilled Watermelon Steak
Your grilled watermelon steak may be the star of the show, but side dishes can make even the dreamiest dishes even better. When it comes to light, refreshing flavors, simple ingredients make all the difference. Here are some perfectly matched sides to give your meal a kick of flavor:
- Arugula, Fennel, and Olive Salad: The peppery arugula and nutty fennel provide the perfect complement to the sweet, juicy watermelon steak. Add some olives and a citrusy vinaigrette, and you’ve got a salad that’s hard to beat.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob: As a sweet contrast to salty, umami-filled steak, this classic summer side can’t be beaten. Grill up some sweet corn and slather it in butter for a mouthwatering treat.
- Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic Sauce: Kick your steak up a notch by drizzling on a smooth and creamy roasted red pepper and garlic sauce for an extra hit of flavor.
Whatever side dishes you choose, grilled watermelon steak is sure to be a showstopper at your next backyard BBQ. Pair it with the perfect sides, and you’ll have a meal that is both amazing and wholesome.
10. Serve Up an Unforgettable Meal with a Watermelon Steak!
A watermelon steak is an incredibly delicious and impressively impressive main course for any meal. It has a brilliant presentation, thanks to the contrast of red and green, and it’s simple enough to be prepared in minutes.
It’s also surprisingly nutritious, packed with vitamins A, C and B6 and containing lots of antioxidants. Plus, it’s low in calories, making it a healthy choice suitable for the whole family. Get creative and cook up this memorable meal today! Here’s how:
- Cut: Slice the watermelon into 1-inch thick steaks.
- Marinate: Spice up the steaks with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, oregano and a pinch of sugar.
- Grill: Cook the steaks on a preheated barbecue for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve: Enjoy with a delicious homemade pesto sauce, or a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
It’s time to put away the traditional steak recipes and try a new summertime favourite – Watermelon Steak! Fire up your grill and turn watermelon into a delicious steak dinner that your friends and family are sure to love. So grab a few slices of watermelon and fire up the grill – you won’t regret it!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.