When it comes to grilling, it’s easy to fall into the same patterns of burgers, hotdogs, and maybe a steak or two. But why not take it to the next level and fire up something totally unexpected? Watermelon steaks are a truly unique and delicious twist on a traditional cookout favorite that will leave your guests in awe. With a few simple tricks, you can transform a juicy watermelon into a surprisingly tasty and tender treat. Read on to find out how to cook up a mouthwatering watermelon steak sure to be the highlight of your summer barbecue!
1. A Sweet and Savory Surprise: Discover Grilled Watermelon Steak
Tired of a classic steak dinner? Spice up your next grilling session with a unique twist on a summer favorite – grilled watermelon steak! Watermelon steak is an all-natural and surprisingly flavorful way to bring an exciting new twist to your next BBQ.
Biting into a thick-cut steak of an unassuming watermelon reveals a sweet and savory flavor combination like never before. With a few simple ingredients and the right technique, your guests won’t believe that they’re eating watermelon! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Whole watermelon
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
Start by slicing the watermelon into three-inch steaks, then toss with a little olive oil and a blend of your favorite seasonings. Pre-heat the grill to high heat for about 10 minutes, then place the steaks on the grate. Grill for about 4 minutes per side, or until the steaks developed a nice grill marks and show hints of caramelization. Serve the steaks warm and enjoy.
2. Summertime Entertaining: A Tasty Twist for Your Grill
Tired of the same grilled burgers and hot dogs summer after summer? Try something new and delicious–grill-roasted nachos! Grilling nachos lets you customize your own topping combinations, offers interesting flavors, and makes for a great warm evening snack.
Start with your favorite tortilla chips and a heaping pile of fresh vegetables. Onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes, and mushrooms all work well. Top it with some grated cheese and drizzle with olive oil. Place on your pre-heated grill and close the top. Roast for about 10 minutes, until your vegetables are tender and the cheese is melted.
When your vegetables are cooked, remove the nachos from the grill and top with additional goodies. A sprinkle of cilantro and a dollop of sour cream can really kick up the flavor! Serve and enjoy your tasty creation.
3. An Unexpected Twist: Taking Watermelon to the Fire
Who knew that a watermelon paired with a flame would make such a magical combination? We sure didn’t! But hey – welcome to the unexpected and exciting world of grilling watermelon. Here’s how you can do this:
- Select a fresh and ripe watermelon
- Slice the watermelon into thick slices
- Apply a light coating of neutral oil and season with salt to taste
- Grill on a warm and pre-heated BBQ grill
Once the sugary goodness of the watermelon begins to caramelize on the grill, an absolutely delightful and delicious creation is ready to be devoured! The smoky and savory brightness of the watermelon pairs wonderfully with grilled meats, sides and even salads. Plus, it’s a great way to wow guests for your next backyard barbecue party and get everyone talking about it!
4. Spice It Up: Adding Delicious Flavors to Your Grilled Watermelon
Grilled watermelon is a perfect summertime treat, but you can make it even more delicious by adding some flavorful seasonings. Whether you’re already a fan of this sweet treat or looking for a new grilling experience, here are some great flavor combinations to try!
- Parmesan, garlic and olive oil: A flavor elevating classic – a generous sprinkle of grated Parmesan and garlic adds an incredible savory kick, while a drizzle of olive oil seals in the intense flavor.
- Honey, ginger and lime: A zesty balance of sweet and sour – a dollop of honey provides a deep sweetness while ginger and lime create a bright and citrusy finish.
- Brown sugar, cinnamon and rum: Indulgent yet light – melt some butter on the slices before grilling, and then sprinkle with a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon and a dash of rum for an added burst of flavor.
No matter your favorite seasonings, grilling watermelon is sure to add an exciting sweetness to your BBQ. Give it a try – you won’t regret it!
5. An Innovative Approach: Grilling Watermelon as a Meal Option
A Fruity Twist to Mealtime
If you are feeling adventurous in the kitchen, why not give grilling watermelon a try? This unique meal option is sure to delight and tantalize taste buds; it adds a fresh twist to ordinary meals. The sweet yet savoury taste of grilled watermelon can be enjoyed in a variety of ways; as a whole side dish or as individual slices topped up with cheese and herbs.
The process of grilling watermelon is quite simple, first cut the watermelon into wedges and brush with oil, so it doesn’t stick to the pan or grill. Then, depending on the recipe you choose, season the wedges and grill them on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes on each side. After that, you can top them with your favorite ingredients – feta and jalapeno, pine nuts or an extra squeeze of lime are all perfect options. The end result is a juicy, delicious, and vibrant dish that’s sure to sparkle up your next meal.
6. Reap the Benefits: Health Benefits of Eating Watermelon Steak
Are you looking for a healthy alternative to classic beef steaks? Try watermelon steak! It is surprisingly versatile and can easily be prepared as an entrée or side dish. Plus, it is a fantastic way to add more nutrients, vitamins and minerals to your diet. Here are some of the health benefits of eating watermelon steak.
- Low in Calories: Watermelon steaks are extremely low in calories and fat, making it an ideal way to cut down on your calorie consumption without compromising on flavor!
- High in Vitamins: Watermelon steak is packed with vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins A, B6 and C, as well as potassium and magnesium. It’s a great way to get your daily nutrient intake.
- Antioxidants: Watermelon steak contains polyphenols and carotenoids, which are powerful antioxidants that can help protect the body from free radical damage and oxidative stress.
- Good for Heart Health: Eating watermelon steak can help improve cholesterol levels and lower the risk of heart disease. It also contains lycopene, which is beneficial to cardiovascular health.
- Digestive Health Benefits: Watermelon steak is rich in fiber, which helps promote good digestion, regular bowel movements and the absorption of nutrients.
So the next time you’re looking for a tasty and nutritious alternative to classic beef steak, why not consider watermelon steak? Its delicious flavor, easy preparation and impressive health benefits make it an ideal choice for any meal.
7. Get to It: Assembling the Perfect Watermelon Steak
Devouring a Watermelon Steak
Due to its sweet, succulent nature, nothing quite compares to the delectable delights of a watermelon steak. Here are the steps to construct your meaty masterpiece:
- Select a prime cut of watermelon.
- Ensure the rind is thick and resilient, green and free from blemishes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the watermelon into thick slabs.
- Sprinkle with a flavorful mix of your choice of herbs, spices, or zesty rubs.
- Once your steak has been dressed, heat a pan over a medium temperature.
- Place your watermelon steaklets into the pan and fry up until golden-brown.
- Remove your steak and serve.
The aroma of the frying watermelon steak will tantalise your senses, while each juicy bite is a burst of deliciousness. Enjoy your steak with accompaniments such as salad and yoghurt-based sauces, or consider accompanying watermelon steak with a cool and refreshing sorbet. Eaten hot or cold, watermelon steak is undoubtedly a summer-time essential for the true steak-lover.
8. Put It to the Test: Delicious Recipes to Try at Home
Cooking is a great way to express one’s creativity and to bond with family and friends. And with the proliferation of recipes found online, it’s never been easier to concoct delectable dishes from the comfort of one’s own home. Here are some classic and unique recipes to try!
- Lemon-Garlic Shrimp – Bursting with flavor, this dish is sure to satisfy any hungry palate. It’s a simple and fast dinner for busy weeknights.
- Tortilla Soup – A comforting and hearty soup that’s ideal for colder weather. A mix of chilies, tomatoes, and broth make this dish hearty and spicy.
- Chicken Parmesan – This classic Italian dish is a great way to get a taste of the Mediterranean. Crispy breaded chicken topped with marinara and cheese.
For dessert, try a classic recipe for Banana Bread. This simple and sweet treat can be enjoyed as a snack or even with a scoop of ice cream for a delicious finish to a meal. So grab the groceries and your recipe book to get cooking!
9. Be a Master Griller: Tips and Tricks for the Best Watermelon Steak
Turn the grill up to medium-high for the best watermelon steak, and when you cook it you’ll swear it’s the real thing. From seasonings to grill shape, there are plenty of tricks to make your watermelon steak the best yet.
Follow these steps to become a master griller:
- Seasoning: Choose a combination of salt and pepper to really draw out the flavor.
- Grill Shape: Make sure that your watermelon is completly dry before grilling and place on a well-oiled grill.
- Time to Grill: Grill the watermelon steak for 8-10 minutes, flipping it when each side of the steak begins to char.
- Increase Heat: Once the steaks are grilled on both sides, turn up the flame for an extra-crispy, charred flavor.
Grate some Parmesan on top and drizzle a bit of olive oil for added richness. Serve it with your favorite condiments, like steak sauce or a sweet, smoky glaze. An experienced griller will know how to handle a watermelon steak for the ultimate taste. So, with these tips, you can become a master griller in no time!
10. Let the Good Times Roll: Enjoying Grilled Watermelon Steak with Friends and Family
Ah, summertime! Nothing says high livin’ like grilling with your friends and family. Grilled watermelon steak is an absolute crowd-pleaser, with its savory and sweet flavor sure to have everyone’s mouths watering.
Making grilled watermelon steak is a simple enough task that the whole gang can help out. Here’s a quick and easy overview of what you’ll need to get started:
- A watermelon
- A sharp slicing knife or chef’s knife
- Your favorite steak marinade
- Optional extra seasonings
- Olive oil
- A hot grill
Once you’ve acquired the necessary supplies, here’s the fun part: Prepping the watermelon. Make sure you cut the watermelon into thick “steaks,” with cutting boards and a sharp knife. Place the steaks in a shallow dish and drizzle with your favorite steak marinade, let season for at least 15 minutes. Set your grill to high heat and brush each of the steaks with olive oil to prevent sticking. Now all you have to do is grill! It should only take a few minutes to get the perfect charring and caramelization—seriously, the hardest part is waiting to dig in!
No more getting stuck in an endless debate over how to use up the rest of that watermelon. With this delicious twist, your next barbecue will be the talk of the town. Try something new and experience a unique take on a familiar favorite. Consequently, it’s time to dust off the grill and get cooking with that juicy watermelon steak!
Hi, my name is Luke Mitchell and I am a travel blogger based in Brisbane, Australia. I am the owner and creator of Arfra.org, the best blog about everything related to traveling in Australia. I have always had a passion for exploring new places and cultures and I decided to turn that passion into a career. I started Arfra.org to share my experiences and help others plan their own adventures in Australia.
I have traveled extensively throughout Australia and have a wealth of knowledge and tips to share. From the rugged outback to the beautiful beaches, I have been there and done that. I am also always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the travel industry, so my readers can always expect to find the latest information on everything from hotels and resorts to tours and activities.
In my blog, I cover a wide range of topics including budget travel, luxury travel, family travel, and solo travel. I also share information on the best places to eat, drink, and shop, as well as the best outdoor activities and attractions.
When I am not traveling, you can find me in Brisbane where I call home. I love the city’s laid-back atmosphere and the great food and coffee scene. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family, and taking my dog for long walks along the river.